Lens Pen for cleaning?

Sounds decent, but for my money, I don't see much reason to switch from ubiquitous, dirt-cheap lens paper. But I guess if you don't already have a cleaning system, the situation is different. They're not very expensive, so I'd say get one and let us know how well it works :).

I've had a Lens Pen for a while now. Never really thought much about it. I just use it to clean the UV filter on my CoolPix 995. It works for me, and I'm happy.

BTW, my Lens Pen is rebranded Hakuba.

RitzCamera/Wolf Camera repackages them with their quantaray name. They work great, and cost about $5.

I use it all the time. The brush is ok but I use air in a can.
The lens cleaner is good to a degree. Real finger prints and the like need a little more effort!
But for every day maintenance....Fine

I love my lenspen. Great for on the spot cleaning. I live in a dusty area so I use it alot after doing a quick blow off. Also use it on my telescopes eyepieces.

You will also need to clean the sensor eventually. I reccommend pecpads and eclipse fluid for that.

Well guys, I eventually bought Formula MC, Giottos Rocket-Air bulb, and a nice Microfiber cloth. After reading through many threads from dpreview, I felt that the traditional way was better.

The entire cost was $22.17, here's the breakdown

Gittos Rocket Air (190mm Large) - $10.73
Formula MC 1oz - $3.67
Photoclear 7x7 Microfiber cloth - $3.86
Shipping $3.91

All from www.2filter.com, fast shipping too!

I picked up a Lens Pen as Wolf camera after reading about it here. I got the last one that they had. It seems to work ok, but I thought it was supposed to use some kind of dry cleaning agent. It leaves some residue on the lens that I have to wipe off with a cloth. Is that right?

Back