• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lens Pen for cleaning?

Sounds decent, but for my money, I don't see much reason to switch from ubiquitous, dirt-cheap lens paper. But I guess if you don't already have a cleaning system, the situation is different. They're not very expensive, so I'd say get one and let us know how well it works :).
 
I've had a Lens Pen for a while now. Never really thought much about it. I just use it to clean the UV filter on my CoolPix 995. It works for me, and I'm happy.

BTW, my Lens Pen is rebranded Hakuba.
 
RitzCamera/Wolf Camera repackages them with their quantaray name. They work great, and cost about $5.
 
I use it all the time. The brush is ok but I use air in a can.
The lens cleaner is good to a degree. Real finger prints and the like need a little more effort!
But for every day maintenance....Fine
 
I love my lenspen. Great for on the spot cleaning. I live in a dusty area so I use it alot after doing a quick blow off. Also use it on my telescopes eyepieces.
 
You will also need to clean the sensor eventually. I reccommend pecpads and eclipse fluid for that.
 
Well guys, I eventually bought Formula MC, Giottos Rocket-Air bulb, and a nice Microfiber cloth. After reading through many threads from dpreview, I felt that the traditional way was better.

The entire cost was $22.17, here's the breakdown

Gittos Rocket Air (190mm Large) - $10.73
Formula MC 1oz - $3.67
Photoclear 7x7 Microfiber cloth - $3.86
Shipping $3.91

All from www.2filter.com, fast shipping too!
 
I picked up a Lens Pen as Wolf camera after reading about it here. I got the last one that they had. It seems to work ok, but I thought it was supposed to use some kind of dry cleaning agent. It leaves some residue on the lens that I have to wipe off with a cloth. Is that right?
 
Back
Top