Lenovo wireless HTPC keyboard/mouse deal is back up! - $30 off!

this is the first sentence ever typed on mine. came with batteries and it works great. first i looked for a usb dongle in the box and was like wtf? bluetooth? and then i looked down and saw the dongle between the battery slots. very tricky. :D i do wish it was lit. you think you know where all the keys are since you do on a big one, but on this tiny one its always hard to find them. doubly so if youre looking for delete or something that isnt in a typical spot.

Guess, they meant delivery on the 27th, 'cause it got here today, a day early even for that. Works great, same experience with the USB transmitter. Wife is very happy. :)

I was excited to get mine today but the UPS deliverer just left a notice without even knocking or ringing the doorbell -_-

are there drivers so i can set it up to control itunes? i cant find any on lenovos site.

I was excited to get mine today but the UPS deliverer just left a notice without even knocking or ringing the doorbell -_-

when you pick it up at the UPS office tell one of the workers. They will straight it out next time. I had this happen to me 2 day in a row. I go fed up and told the workers at the office. It never happened again!

i've been looking at this for my htpc for some time now. Currently broke so I will have to wait a little longer! Looks promising. I'm sure the sale will come back again!

did u try changing the delivery option on their website? all you have to do is put the tracking # or the infonotice number from the tag they leave on the door in their tracking system and then there is a button for what i believe says "delivery change request" or something similar. i already changed mine so the button is gone now, so i cant remember the specific name of it. i then selected Will-Call as the delivery option, which means picking it up at the hub. all i had to do was put my name and ph# in a couple fields. gonna be picking it up today after work! woo.

When I went on the UPS website, it told me to get lost and call their 800 number, which is when I talked to the dunce that said I had to watch my package fail to be delivered 3 times and then returned to Lenovo.

I called again today and they will now (after 3 delivery attempts) allow me to pick it up at the hub, leading me to beleive that the first person I talked to was a dolt.

ok this is amazing. i booted up my new htpc, and it told me no boot media since i havent installed windows. i just turned it on so the usb cd drive would be powered and i could put in a windows cd. well i did, and then realized i didnt have a keyboard plugged in, and didnt want to get my backup out of the closet, so i just plugged this thing into the front usb port, and ctrl+alt+del worked! i cant believe it worked without even installing any sort of drivers. :D

I've been playing with this for a few days now on my htpc and I love it! I never imagined that a device so small would work as a fully functioning keyboard/mouse combo.

deal is back up. link. coupon code: USPCS16336

:D go get one! its supremely awesome!

This thing is great. The trackball can be a bit sensitive though and sometime I have trouble clicking and keeping it in the right spot at the same time. Nothing a bit of practice won't fix though.

Is this worth buying? I'm on the fence! I'm thinking about spending $10 more for a larger keyboard.

edit:
read some not so promising reviews on here. I decided to hold off and try using my Droid X as a remote for XBMC and Remote Droid for keyboard and mouse.

Last edited:
for $30 its awesome. it replaced my old logitech wireless mouse/keyboard combo that i have been using for ages in my home theater. this device is definitely worth the $30 just for the form factor! the keyboard is a little hard to use when the room is dimly lit, but other than that its fine. the girlfriend and i have been playing Worms: Reloaded on the big screen using this thing and its great. plus it fits into my remote drawer so my living room looks a little less cluttered too.

i have doubts on the keyboard but at $30 ill just take a leap of faith

btw anyone know if this works when the receiver is in a different room?
my remote wonder works this way

Last edited:
I'm tempted to get the Rii instead though... backlight is making me want it.

i have doubts on the keyboard but at $30 ill just take a leap of faith

btw anyone know if this works when the receiver is in a different room?
my remote wonder works this way

I'll try it tonight and let you know. My apartment has old plaster walls, so if it works though that it should be pretty good.

from about 30ft away and through 2 thick walls, it worked but not reliably. through one wall no problem. it worked from about 40ft (farthest i could go inside) through no walls no problem. so it does have pretty good range, but it does get iffy. how far/through how many walls are you thinking?

A single wall, and the receiver is right behind that wall.

how far from your remote to the reciever? less than about 40ft and i would say it should work perfectly.

I was not able to reliably use it from about 30' away and through a think plaster wall, but from 25' away and around a corner it worked fairly well.

Got this on the last sale round. It's nice, definitely worth $30, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it :)

mine has issues with 20' but i have a lot of wireless crap....

z-wave, wifi, wireless mice and such...

Just ordered one. Not sure what I'll use it with, but seems like a good deal. Maybe I'll plug my htpc back in now.

Back