Left4Dead PC or 360?

It's quite hard to BSOD Vista In my experience, it will almost always will be a hardware fault or in extreme cases corrupt or very badly written drivers, almost always vista will recover from a driver crash though.

Even so, I think its safe to say that the majorety of BSODs in Vista are not the fault of MS, but rather the hardware/software/drivers being installed.

QFT. The only time I have ever seen a BSOD on Vista was from a complete and total hard drive failure while Vista was running.


As for Steam and email accounts and spam... Just get a gmail account and sign up for steam with the "+". i.e. myemail+steam@gmail.com or myemail+amazon@gmail.com. Easy to remember and easy to filter. Not that more than 1 spam a month makes it into my gmail account anyway.

And on-topic. IMO there is no FPS that isn't better (assuming a decent port) on the PC. PC wins.
 
Yea I used to wonder how someone could play a FPS on a console. Went to a buddy's house and he loads up Halo2 on his xbox, and what happens as I move the xhairs near my opponents head? AUTO-LOCK. LOL? Um, where I come from we call that CHEATING. The only way consoles can even play a fps is to give everyone a free handicap and hand them auto aim. Since I only FPS's for the skill required to actually make headshots, I find playing on a console to pretty much be a joke.
 
What do I have to say it´s an fps... the only reason you would preferr the console version was if you wanted an extra challenge in fighting the controls ;).

Or of course if you can´t find friends to play with on the PC or vice versa. But really I am going to play this with my Novint Falcon. I am sure it will be a little harder then with mouse with realistic recoil effects and a weapon that actually weights something but should as with other games be much more realistic and immersive :)
 
But really I am going to play this with my Novint Falcon. I am sure it will be a little harder then with mouse with realistic recoil effects and a weapon that actually weights something but should as with other games be much more realistic and immersive :)

Hah I had to Google that. Interesting to say the least...
 
Well my lame ass friends don't have gaming PCs, so I picked it up on X360 yesterday. Had a blast! Very pleased with the 180 degree turn button. Doesn't make you totally useless when a zombie is chewing the back of your neck out.
 
Xbox hahahahahahaha

Oh I think I just peed myself..:p

What are you guys smoking crack?

PC wins hands down
If you said xbox you must have a S3 video card:rolleyes:
 
Went to a buddy's house and he loads up Halo2 on his xbox, and what happens as I move the xhairs near my opponents head? AUTO-LOCK. LOL? Um, where I come from we call that CHEATING. The only way consoles can even play a fps is to give everyone a free handicap and hand them auto aim.

Were truer words ever spoken?

Professional gamers compete on PC games for a reason, people.
 
Hmm, I'm a console and pc gamer so I'm just gonna say both sides have their bonuses. Their bonuses being not that big of a deal(to me). They play fine on either platform and are very fun on either platform. I think that's what it should come down to. Don't make this a PC vs console thing. We know what happens in the end. NOTHING.

And as far as I know, no console multiplayer fps game has auto aim on, except there were some games that had it for the single player mode. I think Goldeneye had it. Just think about it, why would there be auto aim? If there was, casual players would be able to shoot more advanced players just fine, which is not the case.
 
Hmm, I'm a console and pc gamer so I'm just gonna say both sides have their bonuses. Their bonuses being not that big of a deal(to me). They play fine on either platform and are very fun on either platform. I think that's what it should come down to. Don't make this a PC vs console thing. We know what happens in the end. NOTHING.

And as far as I know, no console multiplayer fps game has auto aim on, except there were some games that had it for the single player mode. I think Goldeneye had it. Just think about it, why would there be auto aim? If there was, casual players would be able to shoot more advanced players just fine, which is not the case.

GE had it for MP mode as well. Obviously everyone turned it off, but it's kinda insulting if you think about it now.
 
I remember Unreal Championship had it. Everone picks up a shock rifle and lightning gun and pwn.
 
It's quite hard to BSOD Vista In my experience, it will almost always will be a hardware fault or in extreme cases corrupt or very badly written drivers, almost always vista will recover from a driver crash though.

Even so, I think its safe to say that the majorety of BSODs in Vista are not the fault of MS, but rather the hardware/software/drivers being installed.

the only BSOD I've ever gotten, on any operating system, was with vista 64. I got it right after closing a game of "The Ship" while I had a steam voice chat going.

had never done it before, has never done it since. don't think I'll be playing the ship again any time soon
 
PC without a doubt.

- You get achievements, so that doesn't make a difference.
- You have steam friends, so that doesn't make a difference either.

The biggest reason why you would regret getting L4D for Xbox 360 is... UPDATES.
Look at TF2. The support for the Steam version has been phenomenal, but for whatever reasons the console versions don't get as good post-launch support. So get the Steam version for that reason.

Not having to put the disc in is a nice too. And if you're worried about difficulty... play on Expert with a bunch of people you know and never complain about lack of difficulty ever again.
 
I like how all the xbox 360 owners like to "forget" all the other expenses that go along with that $200 Xbox... $50 controllers, Xbox Live Monthly fee + Normal High-speed Internet fee (And you get to host the games off YOUR machine...! It's not like you're paying Microsoft to run dedicated servers) $60 games, then that HDTV...

I'd rather play on a 30" 2560 x 1600 screen with a G11 and 518 over an Xbox any day... but it's personal preference...
 
Im going to have to go with PC.

though a year ago, i would've said 360, because i bought it and it was way better than my PC, but now that my current PC DESTROYS my 360 in graphics power and such, im going to have to say PC.

it looks better on my PC, and i havent had L4D crash on me ever.

but i have had a few quirks with other games, which bugs me, but it's no biggie, it's one of the problems of trying to code for multiple hardware platforms.

most noteably with NFS:Undercover, but that isnt the most well coded game ever anyways.

but other than those crashes, i rarely get any errors.

but the PC system is very nice, i dont know how i would do a 180 spin with pin-point accuracy without a mouse.

i used to love controllers for playing CoD4, but it just lacked any real control, i mean, i could aim well with it, but i cant spin around when someones firing at my and kill them first, which in all honesty is hilarious on PC games because it gets me called hacker, and chammer or w/e all the time in Combat Arms.

but L4D has a great feel on the PC, you've got good match making with quick play, you can play with your friends, faster load times more than likely on a PC, and you've got achievements too.

i dont understand why people want achievements though, they're kind of pointless to me, i mean, they gave me a happy feeling down there when i first got my 360, but now, it just doesnt have that "magical" touch anymore.

though ive yet to test out the new dashboard stuff yet.

so yea, it's all a matter of preference, now that i can crank everything on my PC up, im gaming exclusively on the PC, aside from racing games, maybe if i had a wheel or a controller for my PC, i'd do racing games there, but the 360 controller is just much nicer for racing games and such.
 
Go for PC simply because of the fact that it's Valve and you'll get free content updates.
 
Hmm, I'm a console and pc gamer so I'm just gonna say both sides have their bonuses. Their bonuses being not that big of a deal(to me). They play fine on either platform and are very fun on either platform. I think that's what it should come down to. Don't make this a PC vs console thing. We know what happens in the end. NOTHING.

And as far as I know, no console multiplayer fps game has auto aim on, except there were some games that had it for the single player mode. I think Goldeneye had it. Just think about it, why would there be auto aim? If there was, casual players would be able to shoot more advanced players just fine, which is not the case.

I loves me some 360 (17000 gamerscore to prove it) but PCs win for FPSes.

As far as "no console multiplayer fps game has auto aim on", surely you meant "every game except Call of Duty 4, all the Halos, and Battlefield: Bad Company". I actively play/have played every last one, and they all have what a PC gamer would refer to as "auto aim".

And on your casual point, the entire Halo series is only so popular because casual people can pick it up and at least damage more hardcore players, especially when they learn where the rocket launchers are on all the maps. It's virtual rock/paper/scissors, and that's why I stopped playing it.
 
I like how all the xbox 360 owners like to "forget" all the other expenses that go along with that $200 Xbox... $50 controllers, Xbox Live Monthly fee + Normal High-speed Internet fee (And you get to host the games off YOUR machine...! It's not like you're paying Microsoft to run dedicated servers) $60 games, then that HDTV...

I'd rather play on a 30" 2560 x 1600 screen with a G11 and 518 over an Xbox any day... but it's personal preference...

You're obviously forgetting how much your maxed out computer cost to put together. Also, who the heck needs more than one controller for an xbox? Everyone pays for internet access, moot point there too. $60 dollar games, yeah ok, they're expensive when they're new, but l4d isn't free, you still pay for it even on steam. Then theres that pesky hdtv, the one most families either already have or were planning to upgrade to. Your 30" monitor isn't free, cheap, or already there. Its an investment purchase like everything for a console gaming setup. That g11 and 518, those are both seperate purchases that cost money.

If you're going to rip on the costs associated with a console vs a pc, dont snort crack before posting. The cost of getting into console gaming with an xbox vs the price of pc gaming is huge, the price of displays is the big factor here. But if you were to go with a 30" or so hdtv, the cost would still be lower for a console than a pc.

Each has its advantages and disadvantages. And you pretty much choose one and stick with it. I've done both throughout my life, switching back and forth. I dedicate myself to one over the other. A lot of it is based on time and ease of use. Lately, parking myself on the couch and gaming it up with the 360 is a lot easier than sitting at the desk with the keyboard and mouse and gaming.
 
I like how all the xbox 360 owners like to "forget" all the other expenses that go along with that $200 Xbox... $50 controllers

Already comes with a wireless controller.

Xbox Live Monthly fee + Normal High-speed Internet fee (And you get to host the games off YOUR machine...!

Not everyone wants to play on LIVE, so no fee for them. Most people buying a console already have high speed internet (the high speed internet applies to the PC too btw).

It's not like you're paying Microsoft to run dedicated servers)

Some games are peer to peer, and some games are dedicated.

then that HDTV...

Most people that buy an Xbox already have a TV. In fact, I don't know a single person that doesn't have 2 or more TV's :rolleyes:

I'd rather play on a 30" 2560 x 1600 screen with a G11 and 518 over an Xbox any day... but it's personal preference...

I would rather play in my home theater room on my 52" 1080p LCD over a PC any day.
 
Already comes with a wireless controller.



Not everyone wants to play on LIVE, so no fee for them. Most people buying a console already have high speed internet (the high speed internet applies to the PC too btw).



Some games are peer to peer, and some games are dedicated.



Most people that buy an Xbox already have a TV. In fact, I don't know a single person that doesn't have 2 or more TV's :rolleyes:



I would rather play in my home theater room on my 52" 1080p LCD over a PC any day.

lawl, we both threw some smack back at him, glad i'm not the only one who was bothered by that post
 
I would rather play in my home theater room on my 52" 1080p LCD over a PC any day.

will people please ftlog stop saying this like it can't be done/is hard to do with a pc. plugging an xbox into your hdtv is the same as plugging in your htpc. I don't care about which one you like just please stop using this as the extra point to pad your list. it's ignorant and makes people feed stupid threads like this every time someone can't decide between fisher price or mattel.
 
will people please ftlog stop saying this like it can't be done/is hard to do with a pc. plugging an xbox into your hdtv is the same as plugging in your htpc. I don't care about which one you like just please stop using this as the extra point to pad your list. it's ignorant and makes people feed stupid threads like this every time someone can't decide between fisher price or mattel.

Ok, your opinion is noted. Sorry to upset you.
 
will people please ftlog stop saying this like it can't be done/is hard to do with a pc. plugging an xbox into your hdtv is the same as plugging in your htpc. I don't care about which one you like just please stop using this as the extra point to pad your list. it's ignorant and makes people feed stupid threads like this every time someone can't decide between fisher price or mattel.

i'd love to see a picture of you playing your htpc on a big screen plasma/lcd, looking all stupid with your keyboard and mouse on your lap while you're slouched on your couch or lazyboy
 
Its not opinion man, the PC can just as easily utilize that TV as the 360 can. Most would argue it can do it better since it can crank out better graphics.

I think Hedon means that MOST people don't normally hook up their pcs to their big ass screen HDTVs. I think it's safe to say, that most people have their consoles hooked up to their tv's rather than their computers.

And if you did have a PC hooked up to your TV, I imagine it to be impossible to play multiplayer fps games together on it. As with a console its quite easy.

I think that's it, not trying to start anything. I'm just generalizing. ~_~
 
Ok, your fact is noted. Sorry to upset you.

yes thank you, serenity now.

i'd love to see a picture of you playing your htpc on a big screen plasma/lcd, looking all stupid with your keyboard and mouse on your lap while you're slouched on your couch or lazyboy

is it ok if I plug in a controller :confused: , not sure why it would look stupid or why you would want a pic of this.

I think Hedon means that MOST people don't normally hook up their pcs to their big ass screen HDTVs. I think it's safe to say, that most people have their consoles hooked up to their tv's rather than their computers.

well [H] has a sub forum dedicated to this so I'm pretty sure it's quite common.
http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103
 
Neo nailed some of it....but you will always get those that scream NANANANANANANA and plug their ears, and change quotes to suit their opinions like mas did.
 
Back
Top