Left4Dead PC or 360?

AMDXP

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
2,631
I have tried both and truely, I hate the way it's setup via steam. The way that you join a game bugs me. I rather have a server list and connect 1/4 people. Oh well.

Plus, it seems too easy on the PC. Maybe it's just me. However playing on the P.C. does surely provide greater detail in the area of graphics, and ease of use.


I don't know, persuade me.
 
I used to go through this quandry whenever a game was on PC and 360, and after going through it quite a few times, it finally dawned on me that I was virtually always picking the 360. Top reasons:

1) No install, no driver hassle making sure all of my components are up to date
2) LIVE Friends list and matchmaking, makes finding people to play with much easier
3) LIVE Achievements
 
I used to go through this quandry whenever a game was on PC and 360, and after going through it quite a few times, it finally dawned on me that I was virtually always picking the 360. Top reasons:

1) No install, no driver hassle making sure all of my components are up to date
2) LIVE Friends list and matchmaking, makes finding people to play with much easier
3) LIVE Achievements

And for the PC side:

1) No need to use disc after install. Updating usually only consists of updating video drivers, if that.
2) Steam friends list.
3) No clue as I never tried achievements.

As for ease of play... The demo consists of map one. I sure would think the game becomes much harder as the player progresses. At least I hope it does. But then the beginning maps would become obsolete so could go both ways.
 
PC
Mods, mods, mods, mods, mods.
People will be playing way longer.
Keyboard and mouse.
No chance of RRoD. ;)
 
I'm choosing most multiplatforms on the xbox, due the convenience for me. However, having orangebox for both PC and Console I would have to give the nod to the pc on this one. Valve has yet to release any updates for the xbox flavor in over a year and unsure if they ever have. The rumor was it was due to microsoft requiring all DCL to have a fee, than it was because of Microsoft QA, and then ther were several other rumors including the cost to repackage these for the consoles. In short I find all of these unacceptable as I'm receiving updates for other multiplatform games and I have seen free DLC maps and extra on other games.
So unless your content with what is already pressed on the CD, I would stay clear until Valve proves otherwise. Valve provides a great value with free updates and improvements for most of their titles, but on the console this is non-existant.
 
PC

Looks better
Performs better
Controls better
Mods (more than likely)
No need to have the disc in the drive, and no slow loading times
 
Frantic first person shooter with large amounts of fast-running enemies who attack from every side at any time with friendly fire on?

PC wins.

Cheevments and Friends list are nice, but the only friends i'm going to be playing with are on my Steam friends list.
 
I used to go through this quandry whenever a game was on PC and 360, and after going through it quite a few times, it finally dawned on me that I was virtually always picking the 360. Top reasons:

1) No install, no driver hassle making sure all of my components are up to date
2) LIVE Friends list and matchmaking, makes finding people to play with much easier
3) LIVE Achievements

1) Steam has no (visible) install and also tells you if your drivers are out of date. The Source engine used in Left 4 Dead is not hardware demanding.
2) Steam has a friends list and a matchmaking system.
3) Steam has achievements.
 
I'm more of a 360 gamer as of late but I'm getting L4D on the PC since I'm a tad bit more accurate with the mouse vs a controller. Shooting people and getting shot at with friendly fire on sucks.
 
PC version was almost half price for me, $32.
I can't aim for shit with the 360 controller.
I can play the PC version on my 19" LCD as well as on my 42" Plasma.
 
I have tried both and truely, I hate the way it's setup via steam. The way that you join a game bugs me. I rather have a server list and connect 1/4 people. Oh well. Plus, it seems too easy on the PC. Maybe it's just me. However playing on the P.C. does surely provide greater detail in the area of graphics, and ease of use. I don't know, persuade me.

Good gaming > graphics. Go with what is the easiest to use.

And for the PC side:

1) No need to use disc after install. Updating usually only consists of updating video drivers, if that.

Never need to update hardware drivers on the console.

PC
Mods, mods, mods, mods, mods.
People will be playing way longer.
Keyboard and mouse.
No chance of RRoD. ;)

Big chance of BSOD though. :rolleyes:
 
Hmm, I haven't had a BSOD or had my (overclocked) PC crash in a looooooooooooong time

Meanwhile my 360 is being sent back to Microsoft AGAIN because after my last one got the red rings o' death, they sent me one with a broken dvd drive :mad:

Yeah, console is the more 'reliable' platform :rolleyes:

Also I'm fairly sure that Steam can pair you off with your friends as well as Live can.
 
so you like XBox live. XBL was a mere dream until STEAM was released. XBL got its existance b/c of STEAM, and everything it does well is a direct result of STEAM.

not bashing XB but saying you live XBL and then comparing a valve PC game vs XB game without mentioning steam is knida silly...

STEAM has no traditional install
STEAM was the 1st digital distribution method to have a friends list
Valve-based STEAM games now have achievements. L4D should, too.
 
PC version was almost half price for me, $32.
I can't aim for shit with the 360 controller.
I can play the PC version on my 19" LCD as well as on my 42" Plasma.
Where/how did u get it so cheap?
 
The needed twitch skills to truely pwn at this game can only be found on your pc.
 
Where/how did u get it so cheap?

Pre-ordered it from Amazon.com for $36.99 and got a $5.00 promotion discount (not sure what that $5 discount is from) and Free 2 day shipping with Amazon Prime, total $31.99.
 
After playing the demo i have no idea how you could play this game on the 360 unless its significantly "dumbed down" the amount of whipping around i had to do was insane and my 2000 DPI mouse set on max felt almost too damn slow.
 
so you like XBox live. XBL was a mere dream until STEAM was released. XBL got its existance b/c of STEAM, and everything it does well is a direct result of STEAM.

not bashing XB but saying you live XBL and then comparing a valve PC game vs XB game without mentioning steam is knida silly...

STEAM has no traditional install
STEAM was the 1st digital distribution method to have a friends list
Valve-based STEAM games now have achievements. L4D should, too.

You couldn't be more wrong. Steam's initial release was Sep 12, 2003. Xbox Live launched November 2002. (Source: Wikipedia) Furthermore, these are two separate corporations' gaming services. That is the only thing they have in common. Your insistance to the contrary not only underscores your lack of intelligence, but your rabid fanboyism on an apples-to-oranges comparison. Everyone on this thread is now dumber because of your post. You are awarded no points, and if God existed, he'd be excruciatingly embarrassed of having created the likes of you.
 
Good gaming > graphics. Go with what is the easiest to use.



Never need to update hardware drivers on the console.



Big chance of BSOD though. :rolleyes:

Hardly.

You're stuck in some sort of rip in the fabric of space-time.
Did the turn of the century pass you by or something.

Ironically, what is even more accurate to say is:
"Big chance of RRoD though" ;)
 
Good gaming > graphics. Go with what is the easiest to use.



Never need to update hardware drivers on the console.



Big chance of BSOD though. :rolleyes:

Computer is easy to use. I only update drivers on big releases and it takes less than 5 minutes usually. There are peoples who have been through 5+ xboxes because of RROD, while I on the other hand haven't had a BSOD in months. I'll take my chances with my PC.
 
So am I the only one who has never gotten a BSOD or RROD?

:cool:

One of the few.... I have to say that I haven't seen a BSOD on my home computers for a LONG time (like 3+ years), though I have seen at work within the last 6 months or so. I can't say the same for RROD.,,,
 
PC - Better Graphics - Better Controls
Xbox360 - Crappier Graphics - Somewhat Crapier Controls (but better then usual).
 
Hardly.

You're stuck in some sort of rip in the fabric of space-time.
Did the turn of the century pass you by or something.

Ironically, what is even more accurate to say is:
"Big chance of RRoD though" ;)

Maybe you are living in a fantasy world? Obviously you are. Just from the first page of Google results:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lockergnome/501700059/

501700059_28b38b4425.jpg


http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/05/16/windows-vista-and-xp-bsod-problems/
www.tuaw.com/2008/09/12/itunes-8-causes-windows-vista-bsod/
www.webapper.net/index.cfm/2008/1/21/My-First-Vista-Blue-Screen-w00t
www.theinquirer.net/en/inquirer/news/2007/04/03/nvidia--vista--bsod
club.cdfreaks.com/f88/vista-64-bsod-205617/
www.cyberwalker.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/2558/
www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2109559,00.asp
forums.techarena.in/vista-help/673237.htm

XP and Vista BSOD Videos

And there are many many more.....but wait...that's right...they don't exist. :eek:
 
One of the few.... I have to say that I haven't seen a BSOD on my home computers for a LONG time (like 3+ years), though I have seen at work within the last 6 months or so. I can't say the same for RROD.,,,

It's quite hard to BSOD Vista In my experience, it will almost always will be a hardware fault or in extreme cases corrupt or very badly written drivers, almost always vista will recover from a driver crash though.

Even so, I think its safe to say that the majorety of BSODs in Vista are not the fault of MS, but rather the hardware/software/drivers being installed.
 
FPS = PC purchase.

Steam friends is great for me. I'm already part of a large online community that I don't have to pay a monthly fee for (what a novel idea!).
 
Back
Top