Left for Dead 2? Already?

Not really a bad example actually a perfect one. It just amazes me how people bitch about anything.. They act like the world owes them something.

I guess the harry potter movies aren't sequels cause they aren't directed by the same people. come on

A perfect one would be any EA sports game.

Apparently im bitching.. even though i said..
I dont think they should be able to sell this as a brand new game.

But you apparently read it as..
VALVE SHOULDNT BE SELLING GAMES LIKE THIS THEY SHOULD BE DOING IT LIKE GAME DEV X!!!!! OMG I HATE THEM!

If it comes out priced like an expansion.. you know.. $30 (or the sentence i wrote right after my first one), then i wouldnt be as disappointed. But ill say it again.. i dont think they should sell it as a brand new game. Possibly a standalone expansion priced as such?

The harry potter movies are sequels because they progress on the story of harry potter, not because its not directed by the same people...

But enough of the ranting.. we dont know enough to have our panties in a bunch.

What the fuck is wrong with people complaining about speculation? There's no point in this thread even existing if not for speculation. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to discuss what the game is, could be or looks like, get out of the thread.

Don't quote flaming - Vertigo Acid

Ill definitely wait for a weekend deal on this one..I fell for full retail the last time..not again.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the fuck is wrong with people complaining about speculation? There's no point in this thread even existing if not for speculation. :rolleyes:

If you don't want to discuss what the game is, could be or looks like, get out of the thread.

Its not that, its because everyones just making assumptions and bitching and moaning based of those assumptions while bashing valve over those same assumptions.

Speculate all you want but trashing valve about it and bitching on a forum about shit you dont even fucking know is just assinine.

What is the point shelling out for a new game if they're gonna treat PC gamers like babies? You can't connect to what server you want, you have to use the matchmaker to connect because we're too lazy to make a proper port; excuse daddy while he goes to work.

Ditch this bullshit.

I'll definitely be buying it, but I'll also be really disappointed if the old survivors aren't available :(

Holy crap people.

All we have is a sweet cinematic and news its on the way.

How long ago did they show off stuff for Team Fortress 2 brother hood in arms? How many years after that did TF2 show up?
How long ago were we playing l4d demo's at Quakecon, 3 - 4 years before release?

If it comes out soon so what? L4d is a lot of fun, do I wish they would put out more content for it, yes. We dont really know if this will be a full sequel or just an expansion yet so chill out. :rolleyes:

I will get it and enjoy it just like the first one.

More L4D is a good thing. I'm in. New chars and weapons = hot.

Quit whining like a bunch of babies cause you spent 50 bucks. Valve is making money and they are making games. It's an entertainment expense. If you need that 50 so bad go buy some groceries and cry in your cheerios.

And thanks for that post about buying valve games to prop it up against EA. Awesome laugh. Let the market decide what happens to a dev studio. Not some holy war buying effort against EA.

I think the reason people are upset at the idea of a Left4Dead sequel is that it's purely a multiplayer game. It's not like there's a great story everyone wants to continue, or an intriguing and well-imagined universe people need to explore more. There's zombies, there's people with guns, and they fight.

Valve never did this with TF2, CS was due for a graphical update I guess. Unless they're going to make some substantial changes or improvements, what's the point?

I don't really care either way, but then I guess I'm biased towards the side of never cared in the first place. L4D isn't my kind of game, but I think I can understand why a lot of people who enjoy it don't feel a sequel is really necessary at this point. At least, not one that you have to pay full-price for.

Valve must have run out of money developing episode 3 and need some quick sales to get back into it lol.

I think the reason people are upset at the idea of a Left4Dead sequel is that it's purely a multiplayer game. It's not like there's a great story everyone wants to continue, or an intriguing and well-imagined universe people need to explore more. There's zombies, there's people with guns, and they fight.

Valve never did this with TF2, CS was due for a graphical update I guess. Unless they're going to make some substantial changes or improvements, what's the point?

I don't really care either way, but then I guess I'm biased towards the side of never cared in the first place. L4D isn't my kind of game, but I think I can understand why a lot of people who enjoy it don't feel a sequel is really necessary at this point. At least, not one that you have to pay full-price for.

More importantly, it's a multiplayer game. I.e when everybody hops over to Left4Dead2, you have to scrounge through the scraps of Left4Dead1's devastated population to get a game going.

Nov 17, 2009.... lame fail, won't be buying this, will wait for mods to add theextra maps that valve should have put in the first place.

no i will not buy this unless it is >$15.

l4d was not worth my 45 bucks.

somebody competent needs to combine l4d+killing floor+dead rising. i like semi slow zombies its more fun.

They will probably sell it at a reduced price as they strongly emphasized the increase in sales they had when they lowered the price on the original l4d.

Hmm.. I'm a bit torn. While I love L4D (and when I say love I mean it), I'm not so sure a replacement is really warranted so soon. Perhaps this will be a significant add-on and not a standalone, or they offer it for a majorly discounted price for those who already purchased the original.

I figured Valve would be updating L4D regularly like they do for TF2. I guess we should be glad that new content is coming, although November is kind of a ways away. Hopefully we'll see new maps sooner than that for summer time.

Who wouldn't want to fork over another 60 bucks or so for 4 more maps, 4 more weapons, and fancy weather effects. OOO lala.

Pass.

Honestly, I was dissapointed with l4D after 10min of playing. IMO 4 guns just isn't enough for a fps game.

Having said that I'll probably wait till l4D 2 goes on sale on steam then buy it.

More weapons variety, and more gore. That's all I really want out of the game. That's really the key reason I prefer Killing Floor. It doesn't have so much more gore necessarily, and I hate that the zombies are all naked, but I do like the fact that there is a much greater weapons variety. Though I'm not a huge fan of the CounterStrike weapons purchasing system system.

I'd like to say I'll hold out until it goes on sale...but I'll probably pick it up on release like a sucker :(

Never mind the fact that L4D is lacking in content, why would they not make this a continuation of the current story and keep the same characters?

so now we know why there weren't any campaigns added, they were holding them back to charge us another $50 down the road :rolleyes:

Never mind the fact that L4D is lacking in content, why would they not make this a continuation of the current story and keep the same characters?

I don't know. This seemed odd to me too but I don't really feel attached to the L4D characters in any way. So all new ones won't bother me.

Probably already posted but....I'm disappointed in Valve for basically going back on their word when they said things like this:

Newell said that Valve's support of the game post-launch will be essential for growing the community.

He said: "One of the things that we're doing is we seem to be in a transition between games as a package product and games more of a service. So if you look at Team Fortress 2, one of things that's really helped grow the community is the continuous updates, where we release new maps, new character classes, new unlockables, new weapons. And we tell the stories about the characters, like the meet the sniper, or meet the sandwich. And that ongoing delivery of content really seems to grow the community.

"So each time we've released one of those for Team Fortress 2 we've seen about a 20% increase in the number of people who are playing online. And that number is really important because it determines how many community created maps there are, how many servers are running, and so on. So we'll do the same thing with Left 4 Dead where we'll have the initial release and then we'll release more movies, more characters, more weapons, unlockables, achievements, because that's the way you continue to grow a community over time."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess that's not the way anymore. The new way is Epic's way of pricey map packs and quick sequels.

Yeah, seems strange, I liked all the L4D characters, Francis is my fav. Maybe they didn't want to take the time to figure out scenerio's.

I'll reserve judgment until I see the quantity/quality of new content, and what the price is. Left 4 Dead was a great game that was well worth $50, but the content is getting long in the tooth. It definitely needs some new content at the least. If this is like the Half-Life Episodes, where we get more levels, but at a cheaper price, that's cool. The development costs on the L4D engine have long since been recouped, and they will be shamelessly fleecing their fan base if they expect me to pay a full $50 for a few new levels.

Seriously? I put at least 150 hours into L4D - if not more. can't wait for 2.

While I wish L4D had more content, and would rather that this was a $10-20 expansion pack, and it does seem a bit soon for a sequel, I don't feel like I got screwed. I have played L4D for just over 44 hours, and will likely play another 40 or so b4 November. I enjoyed that time and feel like I got my moneys worth. I got 2 or 3 times more hours of enjoyment out of L4D than I did Crysis and Warhead combined in comparison. It's hard to feel screwed over when looked at from that perspective.

Not every mp game we buy is gonna be like Q3, UT2k4, CS, or TF2, (I have logged over 400 hours playing TF2, and don't even want to think about the number of hours I have sunk into UT2k4 and Q3), where you end up playing for hundreds, or even a thousand hours b4 you or the people you play with get tired of it.

So, I ain't mad, and I'll look into buying this one when it actually hits.

Out of curiosity, why has nobody applied Valve time to the November 2009 launch date? I'm betting summer 2010, or later, for an actual release date. ;)

Im not attached at all to any of the characters, but i prefer louis because he....... says OH! the best.

Im going to get this game for sure.. but the real question is when.

Remember all of the great custom maps for L4D? NM they never released the SDK for the first one. I guess not being able to make maps will make some people buy L4D2.

Zombie Master is still the best Coop zombie game IMHO.

I was really pissed when I read about this and than after I thought about it, L4D is quite different than anything else they've done, especially because of the co-op and the characters. I think the story arc of the current survivors has come to end, as there isnt much else they could do with it so they needed to bring in new characters and new environments. Similar to all the Romero movies.

I'm fine with them releasing a L4D two as long as they don't charge $60/$50 for it. I look at this as more of an expansion pack.

I hope Valve gives us at least one more major content patch before L4D2 hits.

I'm hungry for more Half-life story, hope they announce episode 3 soon. :(

Back