Left 4 Dead 2 is Amazon's deal of the day

dwk

Gawd
Left 4 Dead 2 PC for 27.99 and the 360 version for 34.99

Link

I am thinking about picking this up for the PC. I think at this price it is too hard to pass up. How does the second one compare to the first?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
same game, different levels, some new weapons and zombie types, different characters.

same game, different levels, some new weapons and zombie types, different characters.

same game? wrong. you sound like someone that hasn't even played it. its a completely different animal with different dynamics and strategies given all the new types of items and special infected to play. It has WAY more replay value than L4D1. I'm still playing L4D2 on a regular basis whereas I quit playing L4D1 after a short time and only occasionally returned to it.

This game is NOT really intended as a great solo FPS shooter, but the online multiplayer is unmatched.

It is well worth it. New levels, characters, zombies, guns, game modes, etc... The levels are designed very well and the new guns really add to the game.

i feel that it's $25-$30 good

it's worth the investment at that price point, if my opinion counts for anything

At $28, it is very worth it.

I got it for $33.75 on launch (4-pack) and I think it's an awesome game. You can even play the original Left 4 Dead levels. They're custom maps you can download and you can play them with other people online through matchmaking.

same game? wrong. you sound like someone that hasn't even played it. its a completely different animal with different dynamics and strategies given all the new types of items and special infected to play. It has WAY more replay value than L4D1. I'm still playing L4D2 on a regular basis whereas I quit playing L4D1 after a short time and only occasionally returned to it.

This game is NOT really intended as a great solo FPS shooter, but the online multiplayer is unmatched.

It is WAY bigger than the original game in every single way. No way L4D2 could be considered an expansion or anything like it.

the thing is...

if you dont think its worth 50 dollars when it first comes, out, then its not worth 20 dollars several months from now, because the community dies down after that amount of time

Unless it's a good game. Hell, even MW2 is still extremely populated. BF2 is an example of a good game with an ample amount of players. Then there's TF2, which happens to be another Valve game. Finally, there's the elephant in the room, CS: Source.

Need I go on?

I would, but.....ugh. L4D1's community was hideous. Absolutely atrocious.

Nah, I'ma just sock this money towards BC2 and a video card.

Awesome game, loads of fun, better than L4D1. Buy it, its only 30 bucks...

I just picked it up. I had loads of fun with L4D original on Xbox - hope I enjoy this one on the PC even more.

L4D2 doesn't need as large of population of players(at a given time) as other games. At least(for the most part) you're playing with 3 other people, and at most 7 other people. Of course that's a simplification because a community of 8 players on at any time would fail because not everyone wants to play the same mode/map, not everyone wants to play with certain other players, and not everyone wants to play with the same players all the time.

What it comes down to is that the game does not require as large of a community as TF2/CSS/MW2/etc, and its highly likely that it can sustain such a small community. Ergo your decision to buy the game should be whether you like the game or not with little worry to if the community is present(because it most definitely is).

Back