Leaked Intel Roadmap Reveals Sandy Bridge-E & Ivy Bridge

So little advancement? Are you joking? How is an OC'ed i7-2600K not a significant upgrade from an i7-920?

Uhh not everyone is a clockspeed junkie like you apparently are?
The 920 being triple channel should give it better memory bandwidth as well.

The slide doesn't shows any 995x, so, does that means it won't be released?.

Judging Intels timescale for launching of those chips it would land right about when Sandy Bridge E comes out. Why develop, produce and release a product that will be on a socket thats at End of Life and immediately replaced?

Since i cant edit my post.

Looks like its on the same track from the Roadmap ive been going by.
roadmap.jpg

Ivy Bridge quad cores will launch on 1155, and supposedly should be compatible with current P67 boards. Ivy Bridge is a die shrink, it's not a hex core.

Unless bulldozer flops (and while I'm sure Intel is hoping it will, planning on it is hardly good business sense); or they intend to shift a large chunk of the enthusiast market over to LGA2011 (not likely if it's price premium is at large as LGA 1366), I don't think staying on 1155 is going to work.

With 2010 parts AMD hexes were comparable to Intel quads in performance. Barring evidence to the contrary I'm going to assume that AMD will get a similar level of speedup from bulldozer to what Intel did from sandybridge. BD will be launching with octo core parts, which will probably end up outpacing SB quads on most tasks. A simple die shrink is unlikely to give any major speedup for ivy bridge (didn't with Intels last 2 architectures), which would leave AMD spanking Intel for most of a year.

I don't see Intel letting this happen. LGA 1356 rumors refuse to completely go away, I'm leaning towards Intel keeping it alive as a plan B option if BD's threat level is high enough when it's released.

Since i cant edit my post.

Looks like its on the same track from the Roadmap ive been going by.

How old is your roadmap? It's showing a 3 channel SB part replacing the top end LGA1366 chips, and while it's never quite gone completely away LGA1356 is only getting a few percent of the rumor volume (and AFAIK no mobo image leaks at all) as LGA2011 which is a quad channel socket. I was also under the impression that SB quads were going to have a larger chunk of the mobile market than Arrandale did. This has me wondering if it's an out dated chart.

How old is your roadmap? It's showing a 3 channel SB part replacing the top end LGA1366 chips, and while it's never quite gone completely away LGA1356 is only getting a few percent of the rumor volume (and AFAIK no mobo image leaks at all) as LGA2011 which is a quad channel socket. I was also under the impression that SB quads were going to have a larger chunk of the mobile market than Arrandale did. This has me wondering if it's an out dated chart.

I found it back in Oct/Nov 2010. Was the only roadmap that showed SB-E. Im pretty sure the Extreme socket 2011 CPUs will be tri channel. I think they are keeping the Quad channel, Dual QPI, etc for the high end server chips/boards.

What does backwards compatibility really mean? For 95% of the world...nothing. Most people always buy a new PC. I can't remember the last time I just upgraded the processor...may it was when I went from a P60 to a P90..*shrug*

Back