Leaked benchmark shows Core i9-10900K beating 9900K by 30%

erek

[H]F Junkie
Decent improvement or what?

"We still don’t know exactly when the Comet Lake desktop CPUs will arrive. It looks as if they’ll be announced sometime in April, though a recent report claimed Covid-19 disruption to the supply chain could see the launch delayed until June, but that now seems unlikely.

Intel’s 10th-generation desktop CPUs will be competing with AMD’s 7nm Ryzen 3000 chips at launch, so Chipzilla will have to be smart with its pricing. And with the fourth-gen Ryzen series expected sometime in Q3, Comet Lake could be facing some tough competition. TheBuzzer "

https://www.techspot.com/news/84602-leaked-benchmark-shows-core-i9-10900k-beating-9900k.html

30%? Is there anything even close to 30% that can be even be cherry-picked? Fan-boyism is lame though fan-boyism for monopolistic corporations is the worst.

Yeah, the expected boost clock increase is around five percent. That's not going to make this very desirable for current owners of Coffee Lake.

And anyone who has an application that can multi-thread can go pick up a 3900X right now for $400: it should give slightly higher performance as the Intel 10-core (with the option to upgrade to 16 Zen 3 cores in the future). The i9-10900k is expected to cost $500 :rolleyes:

Intel will be making core count go backwards with the successor to i9-10900k, the Rocket Lake-S!

Back