Leaked AMD Ryzen Benchmarks?

yup that is a possibility. that could also be why there are no OC results as those boards(a series chipset, ai tweak only shows ram) aren't supposed to have cpu ocing support.

edit: and its 2133 ram. hmmm...
Might be the motherboard, I have seen a review using 2400 and Bristol Ridge is rated to 2400.
However I know of one OEM where it supports 2133 for Bristol Ridge AM4.
Cheers

Still an AMD fanboy Still using the FX 8370 in my main work/Gaming System only sad thing is i have to keep my RX 480 in its box as the GTX 1060 is better in VR :(

I am not too embarrassed to say, I am on the train.

I've been on Intel I3 CPUs for years (Sandy>Haswell). I am just excited to finally afford something other than a dual core this time around.

If those numbers hold up as accurate I will surely be f**** stoked to have a return of competition, and price wars.

So Kyle, if 3/2/17 is release, can we hope for a review same day; or at least same week? I got money burning a hole in my wallet.

Could be switching back to AMD someday ... it's been a long time. :eek:

Kyle,
when it comes to reviewing Ryzen will you use the supplied coolers or high performance ones instead (such as the Noctua AM4 D15 model) or both?
This could be an interesting situation that may show subtle data performance differences between various review sites depending upon their approach.

Thanks
Water. Then air when we get time.

Excellent. I need some way to justify the research and money I am putting into my first water build. I will just tell my wife the forums told me to do it. I'm sure that will work!

Hell yeah! It's Kyle's fault.

Then you need to add something like "the sorry bastage" at the end to fake that you share her distain.

All these benchmarks are faked.... My god you are all so gullible!

Possible, but unlikely. Usually when this many leaks corroborate the same thing, it ends up pretty accurate. Bulldozer, for example, had numerous leaks this close to launch about its poor performance, which turned out to be accurate.

There's still a lot of details to be figured out for sure, but I'm at least confident Ryzen is definitely not a dud. Just how competitive exactly remains to be seen, but it's definitely no dozer.

Then you need to add something like "the sorry bastage" at the end to fake that you share her distain.

You'd be surprised. She (used to?) run a forum for Huskies. She kept getting/sending out all these packages of dog toys and at one point she had spent like $100 in a month on toys for random people on the forum. Her excuse? I HAD TO, IT WAS FOR THE FORUM!!?!

I have not heard her mention it in over a year, but she's been so busy with work who knows if she is still running it. I'm pretty sure she still owns it, just passed off moderation to people who have more time. I will have to ask her when she gets back from her board meeting

Let me explain to you how this works brother. At some point you will forget about the dog toy for the forum. She WILL NEVER forget about your water build. You will know this because she will never miss an opportunity to remind you that she remembers. ;)

It will also stare her in the face, since her desk is next to mine and it's going in a tempered glass case. I should add more RGB so at least it's pretty, LOL.

Considering that I am still running an AMD Turion 64 X2 @ 2.5ghz, I have been waiting for a very long time for an AMD CPU. I had the Phenom II X4 for a while but sold it on the forums here.

Considering that I am still running an AMD Turion 64 X2 @ 2.5ghz, I have been waiting for a very long time for an AMD CPU. I had the Phenom II X4 for a while but sold it on the forums here.
Damn, that's rough.

The whole point in using Ryzen over Zen is to bypass all the zen related crap a search would have to compete with.

Instead of digging through pages of unrelated zen crap we type in Ryzen and get nothing but great search results.

Just take a look at the zen disambiguation to see what a colossal search s**tstorm we avoided with the name change to Ryzen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_(disambiguation)

Sorry for the guy that has, what seems like a life size stand out of Raja lol.

The standee should represent Raja when he was getting down with that cigar in his hand a while back. That's one cool cat!

Like we will be able to get one when the chip drops anyways... ;)

I've already planted the seed of blaming Kyle for this 'test' build.

I only think Asus listed 3200Mhz. Everyone else have listed 2667Mhz as max. MSI, Biostar, Asrock etc. AMD also only demoed at 2400Mhz.
One side of the coin that needs investigating well. Anyways I do believe some motherboard makers will list rating for all four slots filled and then OC rating will depend upon configuration what you can pull. Normally 2 sticks you can go higher then 4 sticks. I can see Biostar being quiet on higher speeds because they would be inundated by everyone that has problem reaching it. Who needs the headache.

Having 8 cores and 16 threads, I would want as fast as memory as possible and hope at least 3000mhz 2 sticks works well enough faster would be better. Also it depends how the memory manufacturer tune their memory to the memory controller of RyZen, which for now is not the case. So I can see several months out faster memory starting to work.

Having 8 cores and 16 threads, I would want as fast as memory as possible and hope at least 3000mhz 2 sticks works well enough faster would be better. Also it depends how the memory manufacturer tune their memory to the memory controller of RyZen, which for now is not the case. So I can see several months out faster memory starting to work.

3600 has been validated
And I doubt all the motherboard manufacturers would allow 4000+ on their motherboards if the CPU was not able to support it through overclocking. Gskill 3200 CL14 should be plenty fast.

What we may find out is that Ryzen just does not need that extra bandwidth. I am hoping reviews will show stock ram speed and overclocked ram speed, will help me decide if I need to spend the extra coin on faster ram.

If it was Roy he'd probably take the CPU out to lunch, then the CPU writes a bad review and Roy never calls him back.

3600 has been validated
And I doubt all the motherboard manufacturers would allow 4000+ on their motherboards if the CPU was not able to support it through overclocking. Gskill 3200 CL14 should be plenty fast.
The 8350 only supports up to 1866. AM3+ MoBo usually only support up to 2133. I am running 2400. Listed support isn't always a hard limit.

The 8350 only supports up to 1866. AM3+ MoBo usually only support up to 2133. I am running 2400. Listed support isn't always a hard limit.

The Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula Z allowed 2400 MHZ DDR3. I used G.Skill 2400 MHZ DDR3 and sometimes overclocked as high as 2800 MHZ with loosened timings. It neither caused system crashes nor damaged my memory. That was with a FX 9590.

The whole point in using Ryzen over Zen is to bypass all the zen related crap a search would have to compete with.

Instead of digging through pages of unrelated zen crap we type in Ryzen and get nothing but great search results.

Just take a look at the zen disambiguation to see what a colossal search s**tstorm we avoided with the name change to Ryzen. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_(disambiguation)
Not at all. Asus has a phone with a trade marked name Zen. That is the one and only reason AMD did not use Zen as product name. Make sense as Asus is AMD's largest motherboard partner. Nough said.

Back