League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

Don't know whats so hard about giving more maps. Build half a map and flip it = even balanced full map. Yet they throw champs out and have the game unbalanced even more.

This game for me is only good for griefing/wasting some time.

Don't know whats so hard about giving more maps. Build half a map and flip it = even balanced full map. Yet they throw champs out and have the game unbalanced even more.

This game for me is only good for griefing/wasting some time.

The game is actually remarkably balanced as is. The devs do a wonderful job in that regard. The only thing I'm unhappy with is the current state of old champions (Karma, Heim..) that have been left on the ignore list for years now.

Heimerdinger was buffed in the latest patch and Karma is due for a rework soon. So there's that.

Also it's funny how people complain about "overpowered champions" but don't specifically state who is overpowered or why. Or even what ELO/League they're in.

The game is actually remarkably balanced as is. The devs do a wonderful job in that regard. The only thing I'm unhappy with is the current state of old champions (Karma, Heim..) that have been left on the ignore list for years now.

And that's what I mean about unbalanced. Also when new champs come out, skills are not innovative enough. Maybe I'm just hard to please...

Add more maps though!!

More maps would be Very good.

Balance... Seems ok... Every once in a while high skill players come out with an unexpected champion roster selection which can wreak havoc, or use a single champ which has been around a long time in a new way to also... Wreck havok... Those things wouldn't happen if balance would be way off. Min/max stat buffs would figure out the optimal combination pretty quickly. Riot has to stay a few steps ahead of them in that respect.

But the champion count does seem to be getting out of hand, and harder to balance with every new one which is introduced.

~ New champions are often overpowered so people will spend $10 on them.
~ Lag problems which have existed since day one have not gone away.
~ Major, major balancing issues.
~ HON community has fully adopted the game now. Player base is the really bottom rung of the gaming community. Pro tip: /ignore everyone your playing with.
~ Incredibly broken matchmaker system.

Riot is by far on the top of my shit list.

I don't like the game either... but your post... your post is butthurt.

The only thing I'm unhappy with is the current state of old champions (Karma, Heim..) that have been left on the ignore list for years now.

Before they removed Promote my mid heim was unbeatable. He's used to infrequently, that people don't know how to play against him well, he gets very underestimated.

And that's what I mean about unbalanced. Also when new champs come out, skills are not innovative enough. Maybe I'm just hard to please...

Add more maps though!!

Hey 2 or 3 out of 100+ champions isn't a bad percentage at all! :p

~ New champions are often overpowered so people will spend $10 on them.
~ Lag problems which have existed since day one have not gone away.
~ Major, major balancing issues.
~ HON community has fully adopted the game now. Player base is the really bottom rung of the gaming community. Pro tip: /ignore everyone your playing with.
~ Incredibly broken matchmaker system.

Riot is by far on the top of my shit list.

Pretty much how i feel, though i don't know anything about HON or its community.

There's too many champs now for anyone to balance... they simply let their greed get the best of them (i probably would too). Stop making new champions and fix your fucking game.

I don't play as often, but when i do i will fight one or more of the following (in 3v3):
-Darius
-Teemo
-Cho'Gath
-Riven
-Garen
-Rengar
-Jax

Really tho, Darius Teemo and Cho are in a league of their own.

All three of those can easily be countered.

Nid is a great counter to all 3 of them for example.
Kayle is also a great counter to Darius/Teemo (nothing more fun then 1 vs 1'ing Darius as Kayle, letting him ignite you/get you low health and as soon as you see him jump for his ult hit yours, then E him to death and laugh).
Garen is great vs Cho (and can work vs Darius if you know when to harass good, wait til he q's creeps and spin to win, garen's q can also fuck up darius ult).
Elise is also a good counter to Teemo, along with Rumble (Bascically anyone who can push out dmg while being blinded by his q or can outrange poke him).

All three of those can easily be countered.

Nid is a great counter to all 3 of them for example.
Kayle is also a great counter to Darius/Teemo (nothing more fun then 1 vs 1'ing Darius as Kayle, letting him ignite you/get you low health and as soon as you see him jump for his ult hit yours, then E him to death and laugh).
Garen is great vs Cho (and can work vs Darius if you know when to harass good, wait til he q's creeps and spin to win, garen's q can also fuck up darius ult).
Elise is also a good counter to Teemo, along with Rumble (Bascically anyone who can push out dmg while being blinded by his q or can outrange poke him).

I appreciate the time you took to tell me these things, but there's just so many champs now and i don't play enough, that i don't even bother trying to remember all the counters.

Counters do not equal balance imo.

I play nothing but blind 3's, or all-random proving grounds.

How can you whine about balance when all you play is blind and all-random?

Do you seriously not see the lack of logic behind that?

How can you whine about balance when all you play is blind and all-random?

Do you seriously not see the lack of logic behind that?

i thought i covered it above.

Counters /= balance.

In a balanced game, you could play all-random and it'd be a toss-up.

I do understand that this game is not balanced outside of 5v5 ban-mode, and i whine because i think it should be lol

The only way that could possibly work is if every champion had similar abilities and stats, which would lead to a very boring and stale game.

The only way that could possibly work is if every champion had similar abilities and stats, which would lead to a very boring and stale game.

I dunno, they could start small. Like i said... in EVERY game of blind 3's i play there are one or more of the below:
-Darius
-Teemo
-Cho'Gath
-Riven
-Garen
-Rengar
-Jax

That should tell riot something.

3's has always just been a bruiser party. The game is balanced around 5v5 SR. Every other game mode doesn't matter. They aren't competitive.

3's has always just been a bruiser party. The game is balanced around 5v5 SR. Every other game mode doesn't matter. They aren't competitive.

Who said that if its not competitive, it doesn't matter? Thank god your not a Dev.

I like Dom, but in Dom - its very unbalanced and some champs are not even practical in any fashion. A balanced game means all aspects of the game itself...

Because it's impossible to balance all of the champions around every game mode.

Not to mention 5v5 SR is what the large majority of the playerbase plays and what every tournament is about.

Design champs strictly for certain game modes. Have a rotation cycle for each game mode when new champs are designed and released.
Nothing is impossible, just needs to be better thought out in some way.

I appreciate the time you took to tell me these things, but there's just so many champs now and i don't play enough, that i don't even bother trying to remember all the counters.

Counters do not equal balance imo.

I play nothing but blind 3's, or all-random proving grounds.

The game isn't build around 1 vs 1 and each champion being equal to that. You aren't ever going to see say, a Darius fighting soraka and it being "Balanced" between them, as they are two very different characters meant to do different things.

Counters, and what people pick are how things balance out. Playing blind/Random is more of a coin toss.

I just started playing the game, lol...better late, than never... :p

I'm having fun though, me and 2 of my friends play together all the time...so I am sure that is what makes it even more fun. :)

I just started playing the game, lol...better late, than never... :p

I'm having fun though, me and 2 of my friends play together all the time...so I am sure that is what makes it even more fun. :)

Yep. I've been playing this for years, on and off.

While it is just an elaborate game of rock-paper-scissors, it's fun playing said game with your friends =P

Man, I am amazed out how much damage some of these guys can do...I was just playing and a guy got a quad kill within like 15 seconds, and all of them had at least 3/4 life. He was playing as Master Yi. I would watch him, and he would knock a champions health from full bars to one bar left in one hit...It was insane...He got 30 champion kills, I got 15 which was one of my best yet..

He was also level 30, and I am lvl 10 though, but I didn't think it made that big of a difference...

Man, I am amazed out how much damage some of these guys can do...I was just playing and a guy got a quad kill within like 15 seconds, and all of them had at least 3/4 life. He was playing as Master Yi. I would watch him, and he would knock a champions health from full bars to one bar left in one hit...It was insane...He got 30 champion kills, I got 15 which was one of my best yet..

He was also level 30, and I am lvl 10 though, but I didn't think it made that big of a difference...

Oh it most definitely makes a difference as you saw first hand. Usually they do a better job of matching you with people your own level.

Nothing worse (or better, depending on your perspective) than a level 30 Rengar attacking lowbies.

The difference is huge between lvl 10 & lvl 30, normally you shouldn't see this, unless the matchmaker thinks you are using a "Smurf" (a second account from an experienced player because your win ratio is completely skewed), or he is running duo with a friend.

So what makes level 30 so overpowered? Is it the Runes, I am guessing? Masteries seem like it helps a little, but not that big of a difference...

Runes mainly is what gives them a slight edge, but also just experience playing so much longer. Knowing the ins/outs of the maps, places you can flash over walls, best ways to gank and counter gank, jungle/anti jungling, etc.

Like the jungler ganking for instance. A lot of lower level players just come up through river, over and over, this is where wards make a hug edifference vs those junglers.

However an experienced jungler knows there are more then one ways to gank lanes, like going through the forest through tribush, going into lane and into the side bushes (when lane is pushed, so they don't see him go in there), etc.

Wards also make a huge impact on games. Wards win games, if you have a support that wards well, as well as someone who understands supports aren't the "only" ones that can buy/use wards, you can have such an advantage over the enemy team. Having their jungle warded + river (baron/dragon) entraces and things can make a DRASTIC difference in how ell your team can boht stay alive and also gank and see the enemies movements to know where to go/not go.

Runes mainly is what gives them a slight edge, but also just experience playing so much longer. Knowing the ins/outs of the maps, places you can flash over walls, best ways to gank and counter gank, jungle/anti jungling, etc.

Like the jungler ganking for instance. A lot of lower level players just come up through river, over and over, this is where wards make a hug edifference vs those junglers.

However an experienced jungler knows there are more then one ways to gank lanes, like going through the forest through tribush, going into lane and into the side bushes (when lane is pushed, so they don't see him go in there), etc.

Wards also make a huge impact on games. Wards win games, if you have a support that wards well, as well as someone who understands supports aren't the "only" ones that can buy/use wards, you can have such an advantage over the enemy team. Having their jungle warded + river (baron/dragon) entraces and things can make a DRASTIC difference in how ell your team can boht stay alive and also gank and see the enemies movements to know where to go/not go.

Damn i forgot about wards :( I miss those.

WTB wards for 3's map.

I now believe that there is no end of elo hell. I'm in plat IV and have been trolled so hard the past couple games. I went 10-0-4 as tristana in my last game and still lost, ended 14/3/4.

I now believe that there is no end of elo hell. I'm in plat IV and have been trolled so hard the past couple games. I went 10-0-4 as tristana in my last game and still lost, ended 14/3/4.

Too many variables in this game man.

Sometimes you win games you shouldn't, other times one person makes a couple too many mistakes and throws the momentum way off.

I'd really like them to tone the momentum WAY down, but imo that's part of the plan.

Even if your users are only winning half their games, if they feel like they stomped people, they'll want to play more. That's what momentum does. It gives an unfair advantage to one team.

I mean, imagine how many fewer landslides there would be if minion, relic, tower, and kill gold were all halved... then you take whatever the average of that difference is, and make it tick over time.

Would be much more balanced IMO.

(Not to mention how the rating system works... you lose a bunch, your rating goes down--which increases your changes of winning. As you win, your rating goes up, you fight harder people--decreasing your chances of winning)

Too many variables in this game man.

Sometimes you win games you shouldn't, other times one person makes a couple too many mistakes and throws the momentum way off.

I'd really like them to tone the momentum WAY down, but imo that's part of the plan.

Even if your users are only winning half their games, if they feel like they stomped people, they'll want to play more. That's what momentum does. It gives an unfair advantage to one team.

I mean, imagine how many fewer landslides there would be if minion, relic, tower, and kill gold were all halved... then you take whatever the average of that difference is, and make it tick over time.

Would be much more balanced IMO.

(Not to mention how the rating system works... you lose a bunch, your rating goes down--which increases your changes of winning. As you win, your rating goes up, you fight harder people--decreasing your chances of winning)

The issue I've found is Diamond V players troll a ton. if anyone has a decent team they will win in plat, but if there is one bad person on your team you will lose. So you have players from gold that get carried and don't play well and trolls from diamond who don't care anymore, and plat is the scary place in the middle where luck determines everything.

I'm Silver V, and made it as far as Silver III, there are trolls in EVERY division, the best you can do is try to carry as hard as you can and make plays.

What champions are you using? What role?

I'm Silver V, and made it as far as Silver III, there are trolls in EVERY division, the best you can do is try to carry as hard as you can and make plays.

What champions are you using? What role?

You learn that you have to know how to play everything with some competency. I main support, (Thresh, Leona, Taric). I also play ADC (Tristana, Cait mainly). Top Lane I just counter pick. Jungle ( amumu and nunu), and mid I only play kassadin

my account is tbrown7552. Add me. Im tired of waiting on friends to get on. Id rather be playing and with people i know instead of randoms who rage quit mid game.

Sitting here right now ready to play so hit me up.

I play Master Yi and can do the same thing. Ive gotten a quadra kill or two before.

The game is easy. You just need to understand simple areas of the game. I am Diamond I and was top 10 ELO last season.

Just putting this out there:

I'm Lundivar on LoL, you can look me up, I tired playing randoms. I play Mid, Support & Jungle mostly. I do not play ranked solo, but will play ranked with a group.

Jaredsan

if you catch me when im on, I play a damn good assault/support Sona, hit me up if you need me around.

I just can't seem to have any luck with teams. I have all the paitence in the world but when you get like 5 games in a row where you have either:

1. An afker
2. A quitter (IE they die once and they get pissed and say "gg" and just stop caring).
3. A feeder (I know we all have a bad game here and there, but having FOUR feeders on your team alone it happens to me quite a bit lately).

I was up to Silver 2, I've fallen back to Silver V now. I just don't see how to move up without having a good duo partner to play with, that seems to be about the only way I can see myself geting into gold or something.

I generally do my role well the majority of games I play, just can't seem to get ahead.

Back