League of Legends -- how many [H] regulars?

so looking at some champs, and I haven't really seen anyone play Pantheon.

Just going through his stats and stuff, am I reading this right? His ulti can go anywhere on the screen?

Is he even any good? cause he looks dangerous lol.

Pantheon sucks, they nerfed him into oblivion, he's not very good at all, avoid, avoid

His ult doesn't go anywhere, there's a range to it (it's a long range, over half the map higher lv's). It used to be anywhere, likle Tf's, but they nerfed alll the global ults a while back to have ranges.

They also buffed Panth a few patches ago, to where his Q was better and he had more dmg.

The main problem with panth though, is that his stun is so short, you can't combo people hardly anymore. You stun me, go into HSS and the stun wears off fast enough they can move out of the dmg (especially with the recent tenacity buffs, anyone with those +35 tenacity will be able to avoid a majority of his combo dmg).

It sucks too, cause panth used to be a very fun champion to play. He's like a melee burst-caster, but until they fix his stun he's more of a play-for-fun type of character.

It sucks that Ranked queues are disableed this weekend. All of this to "fix" the queue to give some people 15 elo higher.......instead of them being able to earn a lot more by actually being able to play, that makes sense.

yeah saw that ELO was down this weekend. not that it affects me, since i'm only level 14.

But, that sucks to hear about Panth, I was kinda looking forward to using him.

yeah I used to play panth back in the day... could gank without anyone even calling MIA... cause you were just there >.>

Panth is another champion they are still dialing in, in my opinion he isn't strong enough yet especially compared to the other ad melee out there. The problem is compounded by the almost complete non viability of any non tanky melee ad who cant jungle atm. Yet, riot continues to pump out squishy ad melee, go figure.

I just started playing a few weeks ago. I'm doing okay, playing with some friends, only level 21, have about 70 wins, I win more than I lose. I haven't played a lot of champions, but so far my favorite and most played is Singed. Anyway, I was wondering what tier everyone considered certain champions. Obviously, you don't have to list them all, as that's a lot, but the ones you know pretty well, what tier would you rate them?

Tier A) All-around great champs.
Tier B) All-around good champs.
Tier C) All-around mediocre-bad champs, need some love.
Tier D) Exceptions...explain.

Obviously some are more difficult than others, but rate on potential if a good player is behind the wheel. This will help me (and others) decide what champs to buy with our precious IP.

Thanks!

Well various incarnations of this question have been posed periodically in this thread already with varying results, so who knows what you'll get this time. Honestly I would advise someone who is still starting out to not worry about any sort of ranking of champs. No matter how adamantly some people will insist on people being in different places, the reality is there is no right or wrong answer. Any champ can fall in any tier based on the habits, preferences, and playstyle of the person controlling them.

The biggest part of the pre-level 30 stages is to experience as many champs and roles for yourself to see what works for you. I don't know how much you play, but I would strongly suggest playing at least one game as every champ on the free week rotation; two or three games would be even better. Certainly play the ones you like more often, but don't ignore a champ just because somebody else says they're not any good because you might miss out on someone you really, really like. In the course of this trial and error you'll find the roles that you fill best, and those you are probably better off avoiding. Once you start figuring this out you'll be able to decide on your own which champs go where. I consider myself an elite tank and an above average support, but I can't play a carry to save my life and the only champ I'm remotely close to being able to jungle with competently is Poppy... not exactly a strong choice for that right now. Where this matters is that I'll insist that Galio (my main) is in a God-Tier of his own, whereas most people will put him in C or D on your list. At the same time I'll put most of the carries like Ashe or Trynd in B or C, while most would probably put them in A. Am I crazy? Maybe, but with my skillset it sure seems accurate. There's a guy named Elementz who does a tier list of his own and updates it on his site and on the LoL forums periodically, and while I don't pay much attention to it I do wholeheartedly agree with an explanation he adds at the end of his solo queue rankings:
Elementz said:
Tier 4 - Now tier 4 is a tricky tier I find. These champs are all 100% viable for Solo Queue. If someone says they play a great X champion in tier 4 than you can let them solo or play that champion. These champions are simply tier 4 because they require a lot more farm I find than other champions to reach that “carry status” in Solo Queue. These champions are usually played by people who love these champions for their design and play style so usually people who play these champions I find aren’t bad players at all so letting them play these champions sometime is a good choice. These champions problem isn’t poor laning or really anything other than they require a lot more effort to be good at and a lot more skill to do well on is all.
Note he's setting these up from the perspective of a carry, so if that's not your cup of tea you probably won't agree with the rankings anyway. The point, though, is that a skilled player can take anyone and compete at a Tier 1 level.

Being level 21, though, I would also suggest that you hold off on spending your IP on champs for now. Tier 3 runes become available at level 20, and full sets of runes aren't exactly cheap. The pages I run on mine run over 12k IP a pop in rune costs, so if you haven't given much thought to it to this point now is the time to start. Fortunately you'll be able to use a rune page for most characters in a specific role so you can get by with 1 or 2 rune pages for quite some time. Wait until you have at least one full page (though I'd suggest two) before buying a bunch of champs with IP. If you find one or two you like there's nothing wrong with getting them, but I wouldn't unlock just for the sake of unlocking right now.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I just bought one page of basic runes that will be beneficial for most champions. I really should try more champions. Thanks for the website, it's nice to see his reasonings. I've never played a DOTA-like game before, and I was always hesitant because of the reputations of the communities they tend to spawn, but it hasn't been that bad (yet). Hope it stays that way!

Here's my record

xp2f51.jpg

You cant really break champions up into tiers, people try to all the time but two weeks later the list is pointless.

I've tried to play anything other than long range DPS but I really don't like any of the other play styles, I find myself playing with Ashe something like 30% of my games because it's the only way I can seem to really manage my encounters with the enemy, any other class like melee dps or tank get drawn into fights and if you're being nuked down you have little option to retreat, whereas long range DPS can just constantly kite enemies.

I've only played 3 pvp games and won them all, 2 were with Ashe and one of those 2 I went 11 kills 0 deaths just by kiting people the entire match. I don't see myself really coming out on top of more than 1/2 the fights in melee brawls.

any other class like melee dps or tank get drawn into fights and if you're being nuked down you have little option to retreat.

If your character doesn't have a "escape" of sorts (Renek's slice and Dice, Kayle's Heal) then you need to use Summoner spells. Flash, Ghost and Cleanse can get you out of a bind quick if you're about to go down.

didn't any of y'all turn on the tournemant matches a few weeks ago? There was a Zilean in EVERY game, because of how friggin OP his ult is.

If you know how to play him, and have a team that knows how to play with him (equally important), he is the best support caster imo.

No, but I have seen Zilean in a lot of past tournaments, the top players only really stick to specific team compositions and rarely try to do anything outside the norm.

I tried it, and my team lost horrible.

It seems that Riot wasn't smart enough to realize:

1. Disable map-warp ults. They had both a TF and a Panth, so we couldn't defend or capture NEARLY as well as them. Everytime we'd get near a point in the middle of map sides to cap, here comes panth/tf.

It seemed so damn unbalancced, basically you'd have to be stupid NOT to take tf/panth in this mode, they seem the two best people for this followed by Shen.

Apart from those things I found it fun. It's VERY hectic and a hell of a lot faster then regular mode.

You get more lv's/gold at lthe start (lv 3).

I went 16-10 as Jarv, but we still lost cause of all their global ulting around the map.

Well hopefully they will do some changes to some of these champions since this is Beta.

Played one match, and by the time it was done Dominion was already unavailable.

I played one more match, as panth, and I completely dominated (hah...) the enemy team.

Panth seems like the defacto best champion for this play style, with his cc, global ult, and the increased gold/pace.

I went Ghostblade, Mallet, Atma's (cuase of the other enemy ad guys doing a bit of dmg).

I played one more match, as panth, and I completely dominated (hah...) the enemy team.

Panth seems like the defacto best champion for this play style, with his cc, global ult, and the increased gold/pace.

I went Ghostblade, Mallet, Atma's (cuase of the other enemy ad guys doing a bit of dmg).

Cool, I might want to play TF again.

I've been playing a lot of Tryndamere lately, he's still fun and OP when you rune him up like a boss.

I use gangplank runes when I play him.

I played 3 games of dominion. Overall I enjoyed it as a change of pace from summoners rift. The games go by extremely fast but tanky dps with sustain are OP as are stealth/fast characters that can capture points. Also the ip gain was INSANE, I was getting 70 ip for a 15-20 minute game.

domination is so cool. I will probably never play a 'classic' map again.

anyone know when the next downtime is?

Been playing dominion all morning on the european server. Its pretty fun. Like a top down battlefield game but with champions. Ive only won 1 of 4 games so far though and everyones still nerd raging about the rest of the team sucking lol

Trynd can get countered pretty hard at champ select. Fun last pick and evil normal blind pick.

I have been noticing Trynd and other champs similar are getting harder to play since there are so many champs that stun now. Anyone else noticing this or know how to work around it?

I have been noticing Trynd and other champs similar are getting harder to play since there are so many champs that stun now. Anyone else noticing this or know how to work around it?

Just pick your fights better and you'll be ok.

However, if EVERYONE has a stun, then yeah . . . that's a problem.

You can dominate at low levels with Trynd if you have a full runepage devoted solely to taking full advantage of him

I use:

9x Mark of Desolation
9x Greater Seal of Resilence
9x Glyph of (Magic resist)
3x Quints of Furor (4.5 increased critical strike damage)

so 15 percent increased critical strike damage at lvl 1, 13 armor, +15 Armor Penetration, and 24 Magic resist at lvl 18

That's my Trynd rune page, however, I kind of want to remove the magic resist in favor of crit, and possibly the armor penetration runes, not sure yet. I'm gonna tinker with it when I have time to accumulate a bunch of games and play.

The same style of rune page works very well for Gangplank since his Q can crit from base items, and it's MADE for crit.

I would also think it would work well for xin zhao or master yi, but I want to stress that I have not tested this runepage with either hero.

I'm contemplating it, however. A different style of Yi and Xin Zhao than normal.

Could even work for Shaco and Talon as well.

As I was playing Dominion last night I realized how disappointing it was. I was expecting something fun and fast paced. Unfortunately Riot achieved the fast pace by removing all the rewarding aspects from LoL. I felt like it was "LoL for Dummies". Basically you can just sit at a tower and you'll get xp and tons of gold while doing so. You level up 2 times in your starting base... umm, ok. There's no incentive to do anything or help anyone. Many champs are rendered useless because of the fast pace.

If I have to choose, I think I'll stick with Summoner's Rift and hope they make new maps for that play style.

One thing I'm hopeful of is that all the spastic kids will migrate to Dominion where they can pretend they're playing a mindless FPS.

as many have said, dominion was fun. And it reminds me a lot of Arathi Basin, i have a feeling this mode will be somewhat slighly more casual than 5v5s and the bulk of the players will still be playing 5v5s.

as many have said, dominion was fun. And it reminds me a lot of Arathi Basin, i have a feeling this mode will be somewhat slighly more casual than 5v5s and the bulk of the players will still be playing 5v5s.

It reminded me more of Eye of the Storm than Arathi Basin, where everyone just runs around doing their own thing and it's basically a cluster.

Dominion is very fun and a game in it's own I would not compare it to Summoners Rift sure it can seem it's for dummies since people are just starting to play and will need to adjust so you will have lot's of noobs at it right now who are probably just playing their 1st game of Dominion give it a few weeks after release and people will adjust.

I have played about 10 games and personaly I like it more and more :)

Dominion is very fun and a game in it's own I would not compare it to Summoners Rift sure it can seem it's for dummies since people are just starting to play and will need to adjust so you will have lot's of noobs at it right now who are probably just playing their 1st game of Dominion give it a few weeks after release and people will adjust.

I have played about 10 games and personaly I like it more and more :)

What were the fun aspects of Dominion for you? I hope you're right about the noobs and it grows on me.

What were the fun aspects of Dominion for you? I hope you're right about the noobs and it grows on me.

For me, the fact that it is not Summoner's Rift or Twisted Treeline. I've simply played way too many games on those maps.

I like the faster gameplay, but i don't like how they achieved it. I like the XP/time and gold/time bonuses they give you, as this evens out momentum. I don't like that they reduced healing effects and gave everyone armor pen and magic pen, turning LoL into a nuke/cc fest (even more than it already is)... which is fuckin gay. I like long sustained battles.

It just needs more work, and hopefully they'll put the time into it to give it polish. They need to tone down auto attackers and tanky dps. What doesn't make sense to me is that like 60% of the new items are FOR auto-attackers. They even removed the bloodthirster and implemented a more auto-attack friendly item in its place. wtf riot?

in short, i like the new map becuase it's new and there are new objectives (capture these nodes instead of kill these towers), and momentum is much less a role.

I've won games where we were down 11 to 300, and won. And lost some the same way.

I tried it, and my team lost horrible.

It seems that Riot wasn't smart enough to realize:

1. Disable map-warp ults. They had both a TF and a Panth, so we couldn't defend or capture NEARLY as well as them. Everytime we'd get near a point in the middle of map sides to cap, here comes panth/tf.

It seemed so damn unbalancced, basically you'd have to be stupid NOT to take tf/panth in this mode, they seem the two best people for this followed by Shen.

Apart from those things I found it fun. It's VERY hectic and a hell of a lot faster then regular mode.

You get more lv's/gold at lthe start (lv 3).

I went 16-10 as Jarv, but we still lost cause of all their global ulting around the map.

This, and things like Heimerdinger's turrets killing you in under a second...

Back