Leadtek to NV5, worth it?

isp

2[H]4U
Hi, does anyone has an opinion on going from the stock leadtek cooling on my 6800gt to the nv5 silencer. Sorry I don't even remember the temps on the stock cooling.

i would stick with the stock cooling from Leadtek.. those things are massive and all copper

results on my E-Vga 6800 GT

stock E-vga cooling

Idle: 60 c

Load: 75 c (give or take a few Degrees)

with NV5

idle 55c

load 63 c (give or take a few Degrees)

If you have the WinFast version, then I have to agree with the other post, it's not worth it. Actually, if someone told me that your leadtek cooler worked better that the nv5 I wouldn't even be surprised. That thing is massive copper. If it's not working good enough you could buy a faster fan for it and get more system RAM with your motherboard, you don't need better videocard cooling unless you go to nitro liquid or something.

keep the leadtek, i had a leadtek 6800nu before my ultra right now and i loved it, also had a ti4400 leadtek which was massive too cover both sides of the board with a nice big fan.

if there's thermal pads in between the chips and the cooler, you could clean the pads off and apply Arctic Silver 5 on there and that would help a bit.

Back