Leadtek RMA Hell!!!

vanilla_guerilla said:
i went thru this same thing. i bought a 6800 gt when it first came out, last winter i think, it broke within 6 weeks and i rma'd it. i waited 2 months for another card. i kept getting the same bullshit "we dont have any in stock" and i would reply if you dont have any in stock, how come newegg just got in a new batch? "no, we dont have any in stock here" but i thought the only ones you would have there are broken, rma'd cards?" we get shipments of cards to replace the rmas" well, since you are part of the leadtek organisation, cant you call somebody up and say that you have some angry customers waiting for video cards and since they have already paid for their cards, maybe they should get theirs in a timely fashion? "we have them on backorder" so i guess the fact that you have my money and my video card has nothing to do with me sitting here with no video card and my thumb up my ass? "goodbye"
leadtek sells reference boards, nothing special, no special bundles, no free mainboards, and lousy warranty (compared to evga, bfg, visiontek). as you can read in the above posts, their support sucks, buy another brand next time. (i am sure OP knows this by now. this is advice for anyone else considering a leadtek card)

Cut the poor slobs some slack. Chances are the boards being sold at retail are shipped directly from Asia (most likely China, since most of not all the Taiwanese companies shifted their manufacturing to China already) to the retailer direct. So the person is probably telling the truth when you were told "they don't have any in stock."

You have to understand that in the general scheme of things, end users don't even show up on manufacturer’s radar. In particular the Asian companies' sales offices exist for the sole purpose of taking order from retailer (if they have enough volume) or whole sellers. You my friend frankly don't even count. Their Management (tm) considered themselves doing you a great favor just having someone to answer your call.

The poor slob that had to answer your call is probably doing that part time. The person's primary function is probably something else entirely and just happened to be unlucky enough to get picked on by The Management (tm) to man the phone when you called.

Giving that poor slob a hard time isn't going to solve your problem, however legitimate it may be.

Only if you bought it late late june this year though, which doesn't help most people who have a 6800 card.

finalgt said:
Not that this is much consolation, but I'm assuming it's AGP? Maybe they made the switch to PCIe so completely that they totally eliminated their backstock of the AGP cards, hence the delay and need to ship it back to the manufacturer for repairs.
THERE ARE NO EXCUSES! :p

MattsOnlyHope said:
Only if you bought it late late june this year though, which doesn't help most people who have a 6800 card.

Umm...that's not really the point.

Good thing my leadtek GF2GTS never died.. I can actually run CSS with it still.
Thank's for the info though, at least others will know to avoid them in the future..
I hope you eventually get your card.

MechanicalCow said:
Any suggestions on what I can do with my $200+ doorstop now?
take it along when you go to small claims court. Bring a friend too, whom will vouch for your honesty. It is their statement vs. yours, plain and simple. If you show the court that you RMA'd the card virtually the day you got it, you have a somewhat decend arguement that it is rather unlikely that you did all the stuff to it, as they suggested.

lithium726 said:
no, its lifetime.

Evga said:
Lifetime Warranty is for all retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products ending in the part numbers AX, DX, or FX

That's only on some of their cards.

6200's: 1 Year (All cards end with SX)

6600's: 1 Year (All cards end with TX)

6800's: Life-time (All cards end with AX)

7800's: Life-time (All cards end with AX)

You can look at the card's model number on the site to compare.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your card. I hope they can repair it well so it will at least work for you. :(

Weird, my evga 6800 128mb died 2 weeks ago. They checked how long I had on the warrenty and they said its only one year. I bought it march 28th this year and it expires this upcoming march 28th also.. =\ Either way is fine with me, I wanna upgrade before then.

dorkbert said:
Cut the poor slobs some slack. Chances are the boards being sold at retail are shipped directly from Asia (most likely China, since most of not all the Taiwanese companies shifted their manufacturing to China already) to the retailer direct. So the person is probably telling the truth when you were told "they don't have any in stock."

You have to understand that in the general scheme of things, end users don't even show up on manufacturer’s radar. In particular the Asian companies' sales offices exist for the sole purpose of taking order from retailer (if they have enough volume) or whole sellers. You my friend frankly don't even count. Their Management (tm) considered themselves doing you a great favor just having someone to answer your call.

The poor slob that had to answer your call is probably doing that part time. The person's primary function is probably something else entirely and just happened to be unlucky enough to get picked on by The Management (tm) to man the phone when you called.

Giving that poor slob a hard time isn't going to solve your problem, however legitimate it may be.

hey if he answers the phone he is managements representative to the public. as a fellow consumer, i am suprised that your not worried about them giving this poor slob(me) some slack. after all, i was the one out $400 and a video card.

back on topic
like the other poster said, you have to be somewhat aggressive. everytime i said "ok well then i guess i will be in touch see you around" nothing happened,but when i called my credit card company, and newegg, and called leadtek back and demanded a card or a check they suddenly came back in stock.

well it turns out that my cards okay and that i wont be needing to RMA it (thank gawd) thanks for the help guys :D

MechanicalCow said:
Any suggestions on what I can do with my $200+ doorstop now?

You should of rma'd it right back to newegg thier rma department rocks and they give you a full year warranty on most purchases. Infact you could probably try and rma that card back to them, worth a shot if its still under thier warranty. In the future stick with evga (my choice) or BFG

there are certain items/brands that you should always buy the newegg warranty or the paypal refund thing for. after dealing with dfi, leadtek, ecs, coolermaster and epox support departments i would be a fool not to.

if you had pictures of your old card (to the guy who got the DOA and now has a disgusting looking doorstop) get a hold of BBB or something?

This is slightly off topic but i do have to ask:

How can anyone trust a performance gaming card from a company whose name begins with the word "lead" in it? As in that heavy-ass material that weighs like a mofo?

Seriously. Maybe it's just me but that part in itself puts up a red flag for me.

SamuraiInBlack said:
This is slightly off topic but i do have to ask:

How can anyone trust a performance gaming card from a company whose name begins with the word "lead" in it? As in that heavy-ass material that weighs like a mofo?

Seriously. Maybe it's just me but that part in itself puts up a red flag for me.
or it could also mean lead as in bein in the lead but not in this case :p

Mr. Miyagi said:
That's only on some of their cards.

6200's: 1 Year (All cards end with SX)

6600's: 1 Year (All cards end with TX)

6800's: Life-time (All cards end with AX)

7800's: Life-time (All cards end with AX)

You can look at the card's model number on the site to compare.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your card. I hope they can repair it well so it will at least work for you. :(
From Evga.com:
Lifetime Warranty is for all retail Graphics Card and Mainboard products ending in the part numbers AX, DX, or FX
Not just AX.

fiberoptik said:
You should of rma'd it right back to newegg thier rma department rocks and they give you a full year warranty on most purchases. Infact you could probably try and rma that card back to them, worth a shot if its still under thier warranty. In the future stick with evga (my choice) or BFG

I did try contacting Newegg... All they did was offer me $25 off on my next purchase.

drizzt81 said:
take it along when you go to small claims court. Bring a friend too, whom will vouch for your honesty. It is their statement vs. yours, plain and simple. If you show the court that you RMA'd the card virtually the day you got it, you have a somewhat decend arguement that it is rather unlikely that you did all the stuff to it, as they suggested.

How much does small claims cost? I can't really afford much right now.

Edit:
Just did a BBB report. I hope everyone else here has as well.

Well after reading this I got kinda worried I own 2 Leadtek card and I'm getting ready to RMA one of them, A 6200 AGP (the 128 bit), So I said "tah hell with it" and Email them a semi serious Email that said, " I dont want to deal with something like this, or you have lost a customer.". Oh and I put a link strait to the Thread for them to read the bad PR they are getting here. I dont feel bad for it either, when they are fucking people, they should know. I'm glad when a company dicks people and gets bad press.
Their reply,

"Dear Mr.Hill,

We understand your concern and yes, we were experiencing some part
shortage.
But we now have everything we need to replace our RMAs. Just to let
you
know, the process for our RMA is once you have requested & received a
RMA
number and we receive your returned item, it should only take around 10
working days for you to get your product back. Please do contact us
personally first if you have any concerns or questions and we will
definitely be glad to assist you first hand. Thank you for your
support and
understanding.

Regards,
Leadtek Research Inc."

I'll probley go XFX or EVGA anyway next time.

Back