LCD Mod - simple problem

Jaden

Weaksauce
I got my LCD and it powers on great. The problem lies with me being able to convert RCA into something useful. Does anyone have any links to some adapters/converters that will allow me to plug directly into my DVI or VGA? Thanks!

So by RCA do you mean the lcd takes a composite video signal input? RCA is just a connector that can be used for lots of different things(and is often very useful). Does your video card have tv out? This will be the easiest way. If not then you could look into getting a second video card with a tv out. Or get a scan converter that will take a vga signal and convert it to a composite video signal suitable for input to the lcd.

Or get a scan converter that will take a vga signal and convert it to a composite video signal suitable for input to the lcd.

That is what I want, is that feesable? I don't really want to spend too much money hooking this stupid thing up :p

If all else fails, I suppose I'll get the ATI pci tv card for like $40 :(

the ATI card would probably be the cheapest and easiest route, but if you are in the market for a new vid card just pick up one with the TV Out.

FWIW, I just got an MSI TV Tuner card in FS/T for $25, it does TV-out and if you look I bet you can find similar deals

looks about right it's got TV/out at the top of the plate.... so you should be able to plug into that

i was thinking of puting one of those little lcd's in my floppy bay area. My vid card does have a tv out, so does that mean i just hook it up to that and it works? Because ive heard people have a lot of problems setting up the lcd's

Back