• LCD has backlight bleeding problems + No Dead Pixels

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • LCD has backlight bleeding problems + Bad pixels

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • LCD has other issues, Other Then Backlight/Pixel Probs. =(

Votes: 3 1.3%

• Total voters
Riptide_NVN said:
But that doesn't seem to be a rational explanation. You're basically saying because of bad luck they got one display right after another like that? No offense but I am finding that whole situation very difficult to accept.

BTW I install Dell's where I work.

No the entire campus had a slow upgrade over the past couple of years. Each department got 1-2 computers at a time, so this is spread out over the 2 years. Since you install computer too, you know that the users will complain if there is even a single stuck/bad pixel. We have had only a few of them gain bad pixels over time, in my experiance it has been either right away or not at all.

I have only gotten one bad "batch" of LCDs from Gateway. After opening 5 LCDs with bad pixels from an order of 30, we sent the whole order back. Actually that is one of the reasons we moved to Dell.

I have personally had 8 LCDs over time. Only 2 of them had any problems, and that was having a dim sub-pixel (red on both) and you could only see that when you let it run on a solid red backround and searched the screen looking for defects. I have no reason to lie about this, and if any of them had even 1 bad pixel; I would lie my way to getting a replacement.

I think that you are overexagerating the problem. Over 50% at work? I don't know of any company that would find this acceptable.

My Sony SDM-174 digital version was perfect. My dad has bought 4 (2 Samsung 213Ts, a 910T and an analog Sony 17") My brother has an old MAG 14" The analog Sony is the only one to ever have a defect.

No problems at all with my screen. This is my first LCD screen, I bought it about 5 years ago for $300 from Fry's and I am still useing it.

its a GEM GL-166S (15 inch)

ov_lg_166s.jpg

I love the brand, I'm going to be buying a 17+ inch screen from them soon :D

19" Samsung 930B. I just picked it up about 2 months ago. I'm a hardcore gamer, so I had to go with the 8ms response time and I'm loving this monitor....

brom42 said:
No the entire campus had a slow upgrade over the past couple of years. Each department got 1-2 computers at a time, so this is spread out over the 2 years. Since you install computer too, you know that the users will complain if there is even a single stuck/bad pixel.
That is not the case where I work. We have a WAN with over 1500 users and support several hundred here locally. If there is a dead pixel we do not get complaints. None. And I know for a fact some users have them and don't complain at all. They probably either don't even notice about it or just flat out don't care - because frankly unless it's right in the middle of the screen it's not a big deal.
I think that you are overexagerating the problem. Over 50% at work? I don't know of any company that would find this acceptable.
To be honest, 50% is a bit of an exagerration. More like 30-35%, and we buy 15 and 17 inch screens. Part of the reason I see more problems with the displays I buy personally is the greatly increased number of pixels in a 21" or better display.

Frankly I just don't believe it. I think you are missing dead pixels. You aren't looking closely enough. I know you think I'm wrong about this, and that's possible. But consider my personal experience and perhaps you can understand how I'm going to be a little stubborn about this. It's pretty tough for me to believe dead pixels are as uncommon as you portray when I've seen what I've seen both at home (with every display having at least one) and at work where it happens fairly commonly.

Maybe 1 or 2 dead pixels total.

1998 - IBM T55A
2000 - IBM ThinkPad
2002 - Samsung 181t
2005 - Dell 2005FPW (returned because of numerous problems)
2005 - ViewSonic VP191b

First was a Rosewill POS that had really shitty color. Second was a 2405FPW...perfect.

OMG!! I just got my 2405fpw Replacement its perfect OMG OMG OMG this I LOVE MY 2405FPW!!!! WOOHOOOO NO DEAD PIXELS!!!

Nevermind, I found a very hard to see one only shows up in black dark colors not on white.. :(

BenQ FP791. 1 stuck green pixel in the center of the screen, some backlight issues.

Unknown-One said:
No problems at all with my screen. This is my first LCD screen, I bought it about 5 years ago for $300 from Fry's and I am still useing it.

its a GEM GL-166S (15 inch)

ov_lg_166s.jpg

I love the brand, I'm going to be buying a 17+ inch screen from them soon :D

Damn it, now I have the log theme song from Ren and Stimpy stuck in my head. I hate you!!

Riptide_NVN said:
I know you think I'm wrong about this, and that's possible.

No not really. I think we are just interpreting the data differently. Some people can stand behind me while I am gaming and complain about the ghosting my LCD gets, while I am sitting there not seeing any. Your eyes may see many more of the minor flaws (dim, bright; not stuck on/off) while my eyes don't notice. While I think you are making the problem sound bigger than it is, I have no reason to think that you are lying. To each their own. :cool:

mine was a benq, fp767, 2000 something. i don't understand you guys, i have never once got a lcd with dead pixels before!

1st lcd benq fp767
2nd lcd sony sdm-s74
3rd lcd hyundai l90d+

Maybe its because they all had thair screens shiped instead of picking them up at a stoor?

I dont know about you, but I'm going to get my monitor from Fry's again.
Think they will let me bring my laptop in to test the screen I pick out? :p

2005FPW

No dead/stuck pixels, and only slight backlight problems on all black screens. I love this display

No dead pixels :D

Brand= NEC
MODEL= LCD1512 (K15AN)
Last summer at "Sam's club"

I have my last replacement coming we'll see how it is.. :D

If this one has a dead pixel, I was just ment to have one.. :( Its my destiny. I guess lol

samnsung 213T - 0 dead pixels
dell 2001fp - 0 dead pixels
dell 1704fp - 0 dead pixels
dell 2005fp - 0 dead pixels

Sceptre X7G Agama - 0 Dead Pixels
Generic 17" LCD (don't remember brand) - 0 Dead Pixels
Hyundai L70S - 1 Dead Pixel
Hyundai L70S - 0 Dead Pixels
(2) Dell 2005FPW - 0 Dead Pixels

1st- Dell 2001FP = Perfect
2nd- Dell 2005FPW= 11 (yes 11) stuck pixels noticeable on a black screen. minor backlighting issue on upper R. edge of screen

I wish I would have never traded off the 2001FP. The 2005 will be going back.

few more hours, ANd Ill have my last replacement wish me luck guys!!! :D

Just got my final new dell 2405fpw dell replacements its a MFG Date of July.. ITS PERFECT!!! NO buzz, no dead pixels!! :D :D

I just got a Dell 2005fpw last week. It's a revision A02, manufactured June 2005 in Mexico. I got it for $389 shipped + tax. It's got two stuck pixels. One green and one red. The green one only shows up on a black background and is invisible on all other colors. The red one is not noticable on black but, is noticable on every other color. So I only see one dead pixel at a time. Also, some very minor backlight issues near the top on an all black screen.

I have two BenQ FP91E's. The first one is perfect, the second one has one dead subpixel (green doesn't work) near the left edge of the screen.

My first LCD was a Sony 17" from... three or four years back (slightly fuzzy as to exact purchase date :D). Turns out there was something on the order of five or six "lazy" pixels scattered across random parts of my screen. Of course, I didn't notice them until just two months ago, when I actually used a program to hunt them down. :D

They're fine though, because they blend in pretty well with the color around them -- they do shades of colors, not the full color, so I always get a pixel here or there that's a little more gray-ish than the pixels around it.

My Sony 23" has one dead pixel in the way upper left hand corner. It can only do blacks and reds. I was all freaked out at first, but upon realizing that it was impossible for me to notice it in normal use, I just kind of accepted it. It's still sitting there... my monitor's own little endearing quirk LOL. ;)

My first lcd was a Samsung 570V back in 2001. It had 2 dead pixels. Second lcd was Samsung 172T in 2003, no dead pixels. Neither had backlighting issues. I'm currently looking at upgrading, so i'll let you guys know how it is. Probably another Samsung!

my first LCD was a dell, don't remember the type... it had one dead pixel on the start button. had the it not been on the start button, i would not have noticed it =).

now my first PSP on the other hand, the %$#@%$@ had 5 dead pixels scattered throughout the screen, not to mention screwed up sound and a overall messed up display. and on top of that it was incredibly flemsy... took it back and got a new one, and this one is PERFECT!!!

DCLCD (Made by Sceptre) DCL9A 19", 16ms, 700:1
0 dead pixels, 0 bleeding, 0 problems.

Got an Acer AL1912sd three days ago. Two dead subpixels (red/green) near the left edge (which is fine) and a flickering backlight (which isn't, so it's going back).

i take my previous post back, i now have a greeen stuck pixel near the middle of my screen, which is noticeable on dark backgrounds :(

My 23" Apple HD Cinema Display was flawless (aside from the extremely mild "pinking" issue around the edges, which is only apparent at full brightness on a pure white screen... And even then only if you looked for it... So in other words, totally insignificant).

Acer AL1914

1 stuck red pixel, have tried flashing pixel fixers, massaging it, to no avail :(

microcosm13 said:
Acer AL1914

1 stuck red pixel, have tried flashing pixel fixers, massaging it, to no avail :(

same, exceot my pixel is green

2x2005FPW. Both have 1 dead pixel. However, both of them are near the edges of the screen. I only noticed them after running dead pixel buddy.

Both my LCD's have no dead pixels are backlighting issues.

Mag LT776s and
Viewsonic VP171b-2

had the mag for close to two years, 16ms response. the viewsonic is about a month old, 8ms response. nothing is wrong with either of them. Currently running in dual monitor setup :)

how do the backlight bleedin look like? I think I am havin this problem. My dad's monitor is hp pavilion f1703. This monitor was flickered a little then went off even it was still on. I had to turn it off and on then slam the back panel of the lcd to get more brightness out of the lcd.

One dead pixel in the center.

I will call hp bout this issue tmw.

Yeah my monitor has no dead pixels, but in the dark on a complete black screen i can see spolitches of uneven whiteness @ the corner of my eye.. looking directly at it its harder to tell.. :eek:

My first lcd which was the sdm-hs93 when it first came out. It had baclight bleeding in all four corners and 1 dead pixel on the right side but it wasn't noticeable. I now own the the sdm-hs95p which doesn't have any backlight bleeding and zero dead pixels :)

Back