Launch Special - Saitek Eclipse Backlit Key/Board - $34.99 ea. + $5 s&h @ woot

Nice!

Was really wanting this and almost ready to plunk down the $50 or $60 it looked like it was going to cost retail.

Thanks OP!

sweet keyboard. mine is so crum filled i might as well get a new one. btw is the wrist pad thingy just plastic? or padded with like jell or something sweet?

How does it respond to multiple key inputs, like in FPS games for strafing and moving back... my cheap KB's, including one EL one I have do not respond well and ignore any key inputs beyond the first one held down until it is released.

My Microsoft and the better Logitechs I've owned worked very well I'm wondering how good this one is... if it works well maybe I'll invest in one.

~Kris

Ooooh the prettyness... :cool:

SCM - the previous version of this thing was a "gaming" keyboard (presumably also the target market of this thing) so I would assume pretty well. Most keyboards don't have problems like you described either, including the cheap ones...what brand was it, so I can add it to my "avoid" list? Thanks.

I have the older version (silver one) I paid liek $50 for it at compussr a while back.

Best keyboard I have ever had. Nice solid keys. No side to side key wobble, its also very quiet compared to just about every keyboard I have used.

VeryApe said:
sold out......
/cry

Damn.... I just woke up, and am kicking myself now that I didn't pull the trigger on at least one or maybe a few of these. Oh well, maybe next time.

Doc

Damn.. I am glad I got in last night on this deal.. Are these released yet? Are they shipping right away?

DevilDoc said:
Damn.... I just woke up, and am kicking myself now that I didn't pull the trigger on at least one or maybe a few of these. Oh well, maybe next time.

Doc

That's some fucked up shit right there. Well, you made some [H]'ers very happy, if it makes you feel any better.

StratocasterMaster said:
How does it respond to multiple key inputs, like in FPS games for strafing and moving back... my cheap KB's, including one EL one I have do not respond well and ignore any key inputs beyond the first one held down until it is released.

My Microsoft and the better Logitechs I've owned worked very well I'm wondering how good this one is... if it works well maybe I'll invest in one.

~Kris

I have one and for gaming in the dark you can't beat it. Responds great to multiple key binds. Better then Logitech or MS keyboards I've had in the past. Keys are firm with good response.

Get one, this is a must have !!

(I also have the Saitek Gamers Keyboard see sig)

Dang...out of stock... :mad:

Since this is out of stock over at the w00t site, does anyone know where this can be bought at a decent price (less then the retail adevertised price)?

It was a launch special thing, AFAIK they're not available anywhere yet, and will be about $60 when they are.

I have found it in stock at a few different online stores.....just google it. Normally I would post some links but have to run... :cool:

wow.. thats a nice board.. much better than those silver ones cause u can actually see the keys.

StratocasterMaster said:

~Kris
Older version doesnt work well with multiple key inputs. 3 I think is max at once On mine. The lighting though is worth it so Ive learned to live with it. This one looks even better so either way Im biting. I'LL get mine at cost when it comes to comp usa. BEtter be quick!!!!!!!

i am soo buying one of these soon as i find someone to buy my existing saitek gamers keyboard... haha

i have no issues with mine; think its great; but the eclipse is just awsome. 35-40 bucks for slightly used saitek gamers keyboard, any biters? lol

I've actually got that toaster. It goes well with the stainless steel appliances in my kitchen. Wish I'd gotten it for $35 though :(

Also found this keyboard on NewEgg. Not exactly the same but it's still backlit.

my friend has that, you have to be careful though, unlike the new black one, that one on newegg does not light up the actual key letters, just around the square keys

ajb21 said:
The link seems to go to a toaster.

Woot! only sells 1 item for a 24hr period or until it sells out. It sold out and it the next day, so thus you now see a toaster.

Unless your lucky to be on Woot while they have Wootoff which means they keep putting up new items as soon as the previous one sells out.

StinkyMojo said:
my friend has that, you have to be careful though, unlike the new black one, that one on newegg does not light up the actual key letters, just around the square keys

That is correct. There are 2 models. I have both of them. The Gamers keyboard is backlit ONLY and has a numeric keypad that can be programmed for games. The Eclispe model is backlit AND shows through the keys. The Gamer has black keys and the Eclispe has silver keys....thats how you can tell the difference if you don't see the model name.

wheres the best place to pick up an Eclipse now you think? I just sold my Saitek Gamers, so looking for replacement for it:)

Worminater said:
wheres the best place to pick up an Eclipse now you think? I just sold my Saitek Gamers, so looking for replacement for it:)

look a few posts up.

wow, I got tracking number from the deal. They shipped FedEx and scheduled to be delivered Friday. I'm impressed for the quick response and shipping. I was kinda scared that they'd sit on the orders. Is this typical level of service from woot?

palabared said:
sweet keyboard. mine is so crum filled i might as well get a new one. btw is the wrist pad thingy just plastic? or padded with like jell or something sweet?

Uh...for a minute there I thought he said he said "cum filled"! :eek:

Bullitt said:
wow, I got tracking number from the deal. They shipped FedEx and scheduled to be delivered Friday. I'm impressed for the quick response and shipping. I was kinda scared that they'd sit on the orders. Is this typical level of service from woot?

Woot is usually very fast about getting the product out. I've purchased from them a few times already and have no complaints.

Booby McNipples said:
Uh...for a minute there I thought he said he said "cum filled"! :eek:
So, do you make these 'mistakes' often? </Freud> :D

StratocasterMaster said:

~Kris

SP (SuperPower) illuminated KB, Memorex, and TurboBlack I think is what the other was called... all were under 20$ but didnt work great for games, my Microsoft works well but I may replace it for this pretty thing. :)

~Kris

Back