Late Night Hunt Showdown Streaming

Updates from live stream this morning.

Features:

Humming Theme coming to the menu where it was dead sound.

After playing with someone that was cool. You can add them on steam friends.

25% chance to replenish a consumable that you have previously used. Vitality, dyno bundles, etc.

Improvements to game load times.

New Content not previously discussed:

New Hunter poses and animations in menu. Not all the same any more. Every weapon type has different pose and tier changes.

Derringer changes to shoot one shot at a time (no more rapid fire). Slightly stronger than silenced pistol.

Winfield Changes: Boosted on last patch, 1.5. Now damage is the same. Winny C, the lightweight version has more recoil now. Winny 15 round full, has a bit more front heavy firing, will be harder to get back on target after fire. Changes to both should make it harder to kill with the Winny out beyond 40 to 50 meters. Should make the Vet a better rifle at distance.

Multiple death screens. Tell you PvE or PvP. Tells you the person who killed you by name, what weapon they used, at what distance, and what kind of shot it was. Headshot etc.

Flare gun info: Burns for 30 seconds. (Fuses burn for 10 min.)

Hive Bomb: Antidote shots counter Hive Bomb. If you react to it quickly, you should be able to outrun the swarm.

Bear Traps: Not a lethal trap. Used to reveal position. Bleeding damage. It actually does not trap the target though. Knocks legs off armoreds, kills grunts.

Tomahawk Trait: Ability to throw weapons found on map. Will require some skill to use. Early 30 level trait.

Beastface Trait: Aggro range down on dogs, crows, chickens, etc. Does NOT impact Hell Hounds.

Dark Sight BOOST: Already talked about above. 20 second usage total. Can be used in segments, a little at a time. Shows other players through walls even. A little unclear on this as to what was said in the stream, everyone who picks up the bounty gets the 20 seconds currently? Or it burns off if you pick up a dropped bounty? Countdown timer is shown on screen. Not exact location shown, but proximity. You do get a new 20 seconds on the second bounty if picked up.

"Water Devil" less than four weeks away.

New map changes shown for anti-camping.

Roadmap has been updated with timelines. https://www.huntshowdown.com/roadmap

Prob gonna get this game after finally watching dude play it. Looks pretty legit.

Apparently this game has "Red Shell" which is a "analytics collection software" of sorts that collects information and sells it to the highest bidder lol.

Red shell is a Spyware that tracks data of your PC and shares it with 3rd parties. On their website they formulate it all in very harmless language, but the fact is that this is software from someone i don't trust and whom i never invited, which is looking at my data and running on my pc against my will. This should have no place in a full price PC game, and in no games if it were up to me.

The developers of this game have "pledged" to remove it but the fact it's there in the first place says a lot:

Cry_Maquannas [developer] Jun 11 @ 9:41am

Hey Zach,

I asked the team and we will remove Red Shell from our game with one of the upcoming patches.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sharing your concerns.

Just a heads up. I don't know if I'll get in trouble if this game is sponsored here or Kyle just really likes it but I know [H]ard is about calling out the bullshit and this is some bullshit.

Apparently this game has "Red Shell" which is a "analytics collection software" of sorts that collects information and sells it to the highest bidder lol.

The developers of this game have "pledged" to remove it but the fact it's there in the first place says a lot:

Cry_Maquannas [developer] Jun 11 @ 9:41am

Hey Zach,

I asked the team and we will remove Red Shell from our game with one of the upcoming patches.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and sharing your concerns.

Just a heads up. I don't know if I'll get in trouble if this game is sponsored here or Kyle just really likes it but I know [H]ard is about calling out the bullshit and this is some bullshit.
I checked today and it has been removed from live and test.

So pissed, I popped in a game real quick so randomed, two white shirts came tromping along behind us while we were hidden in trees...I fire off two rounds from the Vek and both land, then - dead as a doornail. Got headshot from 60 yards with a revolver (not the uppercut). Bah!!!

So pissed, I popped in a game real quick so randomed, two white shirts came tromping along behind us while we were hidden in trees...I fire off two rounds from the Vek and both land, then - dead as a doornail. Got headshot from 60 yards with a revolver (not the uppercut). Bah!!!
Hehe. Shit happens.

I'll be honest, this guy bugs me just a little. My hunting hat has is a Filson tin cloth that has held up for 1000's of miles in rain/sleet/snow/hail and 100's of clamming trips. Before that, a custom leather I burned (it's a ritual) a couple years ago that went the same miles. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

For $1500, I'll let him have my hat, might add some character.

It does, and in this game you never know! I couldn't believe it, but then I thought; hang on, the only thing sticking out was my head.
I had some great rounds tonight. Won 1, lost 2, all were great games.

Got no excuse now. Free weekend. Sometiime Saturday I'll give it a shot. Gotta admit watching the streams have been pretty cool. Just hope I last long enough to take something down.

I've had this game for awhile and it has been improving quite a bit with new releases/patches and is pretty fun, but I usually only play a few rounds at a time before I get tired of dying from people with way better ping than me. I swear I'm hitting people in the T quite a bit and even getting multiple hit registers and it doesn't even seem to slow them down. also the Bosses need better AI and should come after you more aggressively and not stop at a stairwell when they pursue you.

Wow, just had a great couple of hours playing Hunt with my son on the v3.0 test servers. This new map is friggin awesome.

Back