Last Epoch

View attachment 560109

If you want a good Druid play this game if you want a sub par Druid play Diablo. Alot has improved since I last played the game months ago. Created a new character for online play because all my other chars are offline chars.
I've logged 70 hours in the past ~3 weeks. its been great. got me to cancel my Warcraft sub.

Your character will transfer over with the final release so I'm not worried it's later this year. Controller support has improved.

I had to quit the game was getting stuttering in the audio in both online and offline.

I usually just wait until release to play is all.
4 years in early access. When a game has been in EA this long I feel like it's a scam. It means they could pull the rug at any time for no reason. At least they're not trying to sell you microtransactions while in EA (yet).

4 years in early access. When a game has been in EA this long I feel like it's a scam. It means they could pull the rug at any time for no reason. At least they're not trying to sell you microtransactions while in EA (yet).
Man, I hate the whole early access too. I bought this game in Nov 2021. Played it for six hours and tossed it. I felt like it was a total scam.

The IO chase in World of Warcraft burnt me out, so I tried this again. I've got over 70h in just the past couple weeks. Its awesome. Few nit picky things, but its refreshing. Its like Path of Exile Lite.

The sound is working again with the latest patch I'm level 17 this game is pretty Epic except the trash mobs I have two pieces of Red Gear which is like Legendary. Playing the game on my 27 inch monitor helps with immersion I was playing on a 24.5 inch a few months back the LG OLED makes all the Dark Areas pop out instead of being muddy on a LCD.

I bought this yesterday while looking for something to play until D4. Wow, it's so good. There are so many good ideas in this game. The passive + skill specific trees, the crafting, the eras, etc.

Totally worth $35 even in beta. I was completely surprised by how good it is.

I bought this yesterday while looking for something to play until D4. Wow, it's so good. There are so many good ideas in this game. The passive + skill specific trees, the crafting, the eras, etc.

Totally worth $35 even in beta. I was completely surprised by how good it is.
Your progress will carry over I started a new character in online mode just for that.

I wish killing monsters had the same "impact" as it does in PoE. I don't know if it's the sound design that's lacking or screen shake or animations but enemies dying just feels kinda flat in LE. Otherwise I do enjoy making my own builds and crafting is pretty intuitive unlike PoE.

20230405152123_1.jpg

Finally got out of the Ruined Area Map such a dark area on my oled I'm level 21 still playing my Druid.

LazyPeon recently did a update video about this game. First I remember hearing about it. On my radar now.

I picked it up over the weekend. IMO it's pretty much just average as far as ARPGs go. Getting a build together takes too long, if you respec they steal a level from your skill tree, maps are generally too big and meandering with no reason to explore, etc. It just doesn't respect your time and is very obviously focused on the end game. I leveled a Mage, Beastmaster, Marksman, and Necromancer. Necro with the scythe ability and buffed skeletons and blood golem felt the most OP and fun to play by far.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skott
like this
Did you finish the main story which is pretty vague?
Not yet. No idea how close or far away from the end I am. I've played a few hours past the point where you select your mastery class. At that point there's a pirate ship, some desert, some desert town, etc. it all just starts to feel the same. Most of my characters are between 34 & 38.

I'm like level 32 I'm done with this game I'm stuck trying to find the Fallen Tower from Risen Lake can't seem to find the Zone the time zones just confuse me more.
I'm sure Diablo 4 will be more fun than this all the enemies just rush you in this game. Your Pets can distract them you can stun them and freeze them but that is about it.

20230419150837_1.jpg

I found the way it was tricky I had to watch a Youtube video even with the Map open I was lost. The Guy on the Beach was a Mage in a Ship that I had to rescue we jumped off the Deck of the Ship.

Spent about 40 hours, got up to lvl 90.
Not bad if you need to waste some time and relax.

Game wasnt particularly hard, and a lot of gears can be crafted.
Recommended for someone who doesnt want to sink hundreds of hours but likes arpg enough.
I dont see myself playing this again and again, but the 40 hour was enjoyable.

I find this game to really good. I was skeptical but damn. Story is good so far. No 13 year old ethnic females with shitty attitudes have showed up out of no where to save the world. So that’s nice.

I find this game to really good. I was skeptical but damn. Story is good so far. No 13 year old ethnic females with shitty attitudes have showed up out of no where to save the world. So that’s nice.
I float in and out of it.

I love the crafting. You mess up a weapon, not ten minutes later you have enough mats to make another one.

I might give the game another go.

Caster classes still struggle with mana? I know that was an issue before.

I stuck with a Druid I'm only level 20 something but haven't played in a while much better than Diablo 4 in some aspects it feels like a single player claustrophobic game which is why I like it over Diablo it's not as flashy as Diablo.

Does this take hehe CoOp? I'm a little bored of D IV, might check this out.

Does this take hehe CoOp? I'm a little bored of D IV, might check this out.
It has online play I'm not sure how coop works.
Play online when you create a character. There is a offline mode and online this game has Global chat too so if you need help there are other players to help on builds.

After I "completed" Diablo IV at level 46 LOL I have zero interest in keeping going on Tier 3 to level 100. I'll wait for the expansion.

But I do like the A-RPG genre, which next game should I buy, and which looks great on an OLED display?

-Last Epoch
-Grim Dawn

???

Put in more than 40 hours a year ago. It was fun but the combat never felt as satisfying as PoE for some reason. Killing mobs felt more impactful in PoE. Ill try this game again on release day. Hopefully its improved in that regard.

How's the story and narrative? I know that is generally secondary on ARPGs but would like to have a cool story and characters to interact with as I play this with my buddy.

How's the story and narrative? I know that is generally secondary on ARPGs but would like to have a cool story and characters to interact with as I play this with my buddy.
Story is forgettable but EA saves carry over to final release

Back