Last Epoch

Comixbooks

Fully [H]

Multiplayer is going to be added in maybe a few months there is a timeline.
I still haven't tried out the game but looking at videos on Youtube the game looks pretty decent.

t1k

Weaksauce
Has anyone sunk a lot of hours into this game? Does it get more challenging as the campaign progresses? I like the visuals and stuff, but so far I've encountered almost nothing but trash mobs. I'm almost outside of my refund window heh. The game does seem promising so far...I will probably keep it.

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Yeah I want to try the game but was waiting for MP to be implemented or early access to be over.

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
20210105073445_1.jpg

Global Chat

20210105072531_1.jpg

Overview Map

20210105073134_1.jpg

Zoom In

20210105073701_1.jpg

Loading screen

The game isn't Grim Dawn but even Grim Dawn isn't prefect not sure if I picked the right class because everything was easy. I encounted one Boss who was easy but he was pretty Boss looking. The game looks Amazing though I mean if the Ai just didn't rush you for every encounter but mixed it up. I'll keep the game though think I refunded the last 6 games I bought off Steam =)

Reactions: t1k
like this

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I rolled a Paladin was a little more fun with the hammer toss crafted and upgraded a few items similar to Grim Dawn.

Update:
Refunded the game even though their intent was good just not feeling this game NPCs are forgetable graphics are good but
only when you zoom in. Grim Dawn is way better I played for 2.2 hours with two different builds.

Last edited:

EJR357

Weaksauce
Hmmm...always interested in a new ARPG and would certainly throw some money at an upcoming addition to the genre. BUT..the first review on Steam (applekwisp) is pretty indepth and they seem to understand the genre. I do not like the starting price, nor the fact there are microtransactions already implemented. I will watch from the side-lines on this one.

Bowman15

[H]ard|Gawd
Hmmm...always interested in a new ARPG and would certainly throw some money at an upcoming addition to the genre. BUT..the first review on Steam (applekwisp) is pretty indepth and they seem to understand the genre. I do not like the starting price, nor the fact there are microtransactions already implemented. I will watch from the side-lines on this one.

Yup it looks really good but for $35 early access no thanks...

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I'm giving this game another shot I guess I didn't give it enough of a chance.
It happens just purchased it again on Steam.

Krenum

Fully [H]
This game interests me but it looks like it has a lot of extra fluff like Path of Exile, and that worries me. Its good to have options but I feel like these new ARPG's put too much into the game and make it too complicated.

cvinh

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been looking more into this game because of PoE's fiasco with the Harvest crafting nerf. I'm going to give the game a try.

Nebell

[H]ard|Gawd
I couldn't get into it.
I'm actually playing the hated Wolcen and enjoying it a lot more than Last Epoch.
I don't like the visuals of Last Epoch. Just like Path of Exile. Everything is ugly.

horrorshow

Supreme [H]ardness
Has anyone else played this?? (I've been eyeing it all week but $35 for Early Access is hard to justify)

I need a fresh ARPG soooo bad. - I tried Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing yet again but it just doesn't click.

<- For those that don't know, Grim Dawn is my favorite ARPG of all time. So please base recommendations around that tidbit if at all possible (y)

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
I don't know you have to try it I'm waiting on the final build so I don't spoil the game.
It's good but it's not Grim Dawn good then again all my characters were level 13 or lower.

horrorshow

Supreme [H]ardness
Bought it last Saturday night, it feels.... good but generic? Last Epoch MIGHT turn into something great come full-release but who knows heh

Looks like Warhammer 40K - Inquisitor Martyr/Prophecy is gonna remain my GD fallback.... :(

- EDIT: NOT worth $35. I'd recommend all interested parties wait for a sale.

Pegi

Limp Gawd
Bought it last Saturday night, it feels.... good but generic? Last Epoch MIGHT turn into something great come full-release but who knows heh

Looks like Warhammer 40K - Inquisitor Martyr/Prophecy is gonna remain my GD fallback.... :(

- EDIT: NOT worth $35. I'd recommend all interested parties wait for a sale.
Sorry to derail this Last Epoch thread, but can I ask you, horrorshow, about your GD fallback of Warhammer. I have been playing Grim Dawn nonstop lately and also looking for a similar feel game. I'd always avoided Warhammer; didn't know much about it...thought it was more co-op than single player. Is it replayable in various difficulties--like GD--with carryover of gear and skills? Do you have to use guns or are the usual maces/swords/hammers available as well? I had Epoch on my wishlist for the next sale but might sub Warhammer based on your recommendation. Is Martyr/Prophecy the one to try or are any of the earlier ones good? I only do single player.