Last Epoch

Multiplayer is going to be added in maybe a few months there is a timeline.
I still haven't tried out the game but looking at videos on Youtube the game looks pretty decent.

Has anyone sunk a lot of hours into this game? Does it get more challenging as the campaign progresses? I like the visuals and stuff, but so far I've encountered almost nothing but trash mobs. I'm almost outside of my refund window heh. The game does seem promising so far...I will probably keep it.

Yeah I want to try the game but was waiting for MP to be implemented or early access to be over.

20210105073445_1.jpg

Global Chat

20210105072531_1.jpg

Overview Map

20210105073134_1.jpg

Zoom In

20210105073701_1.jpg

Loading screen

The game isn't Grim Dawn but even Grim Dawn isn't prefect not sure if I picked the right class because everything was easy. I encounted one Boss who was easy but he was pretty Boss looking. The game looks Amazing though I mean if the Ai just didn't rush you for every encounter but mixed it up. I'll keep the game though think I refunded the last 6 games I bought off Steam =)

Reactions: t1k
like this
I rolled a Paladin was a little more fun with the hammer toss crafted and upgraded a few items similar to Grim Dawn.

Update:
Refunded the game even though their intent was good just not feeling this game NPCs are forgetable graphics are good but
only when you zoom in. Grim Dawn is way better I played for 2.2 hours with two different builds.

Last edited:
Hmmm...always interested in a new ARPG and would certainly throw some money at an upcoming addition to the genre. BUT..the first review on Steam (applekwisp) is pretty indepth and they seem to understand the genre. I do not like the starting price, nor the fact there are microtransactions already implemented. I will watch from the side-lines on this one.

Hmmm...always interested in a new ARPG and would certainly throw some money at an upcoming addition to the genre. BUT..the first review on Steam (applekwisp) is pretty indepth and they seem to understand the genre. I do not like the starting price, nor the fact there are microtransactions already implemented. I will watch from the side-lines on this one.

Yup it looks really good but for $35 early access no thanks...

I'm giving this game another shot I guess I didn't give it enough of a chance.
It happens just purchased it again on Steam.

This game interests me but it looks like it has a lot of extra fluff like Path of Exile, and that worries me. Its good to have options but I feel like these new ARPG's put too much into the game and make it too complicated.

I've been looking more into this game because of PoE's fiasco with the Harvest crafting nerf. I'm going to give the game a try.

I couldn't get into it.
I'm actually playing the hated Wolcen and enjoying it a lot more than Last Epoch.
I don't like the visuals of Last Epoch. Just like Path of Exile. Everything is ugly.

Has anyone else played this?? (I've been eyeing it all week but $35 for Early Access is hard to justify)

I need a fresh ARPG soooo bad. - I tried Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing yet again but it just doesn't click.

<- For those that don't know, Grim Dawn is my favorite ARPG of all time. So please base recommendations around that tidbit if at all possible (y)

I don't know you have to try it I'm waiting on the final build so I don't spoil the game.
It's good but it's not Grim Dawn good then again all my characters were level 13 or lower.

Bought it last Saturday night, it feels.... good but generic? Last Epoch MIGHT turn into something great come full-release but who knows heh

Looks like Warhammer 40K - Inquisitor Martyr/Prophecy is gonna remain my GD fallback.... :(

- EDIT: NOT worth $35. I'd recommend all interested parties wait for a sale.

I'm going to try this. I'm fed up with Path of Exile. I just can't get the game to run right. My FPS goes from 130s to 30s and back to 130s any time there's more than 20 mobs on the screen. The lag is bad too. Last night Sirus got bugged for me. I can't take the poor performance any more. Sucks too because I freaking LOVE the game. A few folks said tot ry Last Epoch. Meh, its a bit expensive for an early access and on top of that I hate the whole early access marketing. But, the team seems to be well in touch with the community and I haven't seen that from Path of Exile for some time.

I'm going to try this. I'm fed up with Path of Exile. I just can't get the game to run right. My FPS goes from 130s to 30s and back to 130s any time there's more than 20 mobs on the screen. The lag is bad too. Last night Sirus got bugged for me. I can't take the poor performance any more. Sucks too because I freaking LOVE the game. A few folks said tot ry Last Epoch. Meh, its a bit expensive for an early access and on top of that I hate the whole early access marketing. But, the team seems to be well in touch with the community and I haven't seen that from Path of Exile for some time.
They really fucked that game up. I played it from the beginning & it looks like a mobile game now. What a waste.

Too bad Last Epoch isn't doing a sale, will probably pick it up if it ever goes on sale.

Update 8.4 has arrived!

Forge your own legend, explore the mysterious chambers of Temporal Sanctum and face the elusive Chronomancer. The Eternal Legends Update introduces a new end-game system and gear progression while bringing changes and improvements to existing content as well:
  • New Endgame Dungeon: Temporal Sanctum
  • Legendary Items & Eternity Cache
  • Druid Rework and new Druid Form
  • Revamped Crafting System
  • Overhauled Character Select Screen
  • New Mage and Acolyte Character Models
  • New Skills
  • New Unique Items
  • Balance Changes
  • Bug Fixes

20220727105815_1.jpg

This game has really been overhauled since I last played maybe a year ago the Gamma issue is fixed you can adjust it so you it's not as dark on your IPS or VA panel. Controller support is nice I didn't have that option the last time I played it. Re-rolled a mage alot more fun then I had with the other classes Necro and Paladin but each changes so much now with upgrades it's a totally different game. Someone said in chat the Stores in the game are like Target and Walmart I just said I work at Walmart in the chat lol. Some people are going to level 98 before the game is done think that is crazy unless they just Speedrun the game. NPCS are forgettable though I think they should make the character portraits bigger so you can see who your talking to but it is an Action game.

The thing is it's not done yet they are working on Multiplayer someone said this game gives their 1080ti a workout I'm sure it does.

Last edited:
All current characters are offline characters, saved locally at this location:
C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves

We know that these offline saves will not be wiped, which are all currently created characters. So any progress you make now during the beta will still exist when the game launches and will still be available to play in the offline mode of the game. However, we don't yet know if the offline mode will be entirely offline. It may or may not work similarly to how it does now -- that a login is required before playing offline. All current save files will work in this mode.

However, these offline characters will not be transferred to the server-authoritative multiplayer when it arrives, for security reasons. When multiplayer is released with patch 0.9 all players will be starting anew if they want to play multiplayer. All multiplayer save files will be stored on servers rather than your local machine.

Controller just sucks unresponsive glitchy with the game I started a 5th character a Mage none of them are over level 11. Still not feeling the game maybe later levels it opens up. I think the intent if the game was good but the result is mixed. I mean Shadows Awakening was it more fun than this. The fact they are still developing is just a job not really the end result they hoped for.

Are the developers planning to add local hosting multiplayer, like Grim Dawn has?

20230328133133_2.jpg

If you want a good Druid play this game if you want a sub par Druid play Diablo. Alot has improved since I last played the game months ago. Created a new character for online play because all my other chars are offline chars.

Back