Largest iPhone

dreamwriter

Limp Gawd
I am a Windows phone userwho may need to migrate to a different OS. I'm considering Apple because it appears to be more secure than Android, but I need a very large display. What is the largest iPhone display paired to a good camera?

I am a Windows phone userwho may need to migrate to a different OS. I'm considering Apple because it appears to be more secure than Android, but I need a very large display. What is the largest iPhone display paired to a good camera?

Apple only sells like four total phones, and two have small screens... Get an iPhone X or IPhone 8 Plus, those are your only options.

I'd wait a bit if you're planning on buying a new phone, as rumors point to multiple variants of the "X" for the next cycle in September. If you can't hold off, there's no reason to not go with an appropriately priced 7 Plus (or 8 Plus if you can find one), still plenty fast and will last you a while. I've owned the 7 and 8 Plus and loved those, and now have the X. While the X is fantastic, I'm not sure it's worth the price of admission right now, so close to newer products being announced in a few months. Again, these rumors point to more affordable versions, but we won't know for sure until September. The X has no more buttons on the screen (it uses your face to unlock), and it also has no dedicated aux jack (two big reasons while people stray away from newer iPhones, even in 2018).

Very cool. Thanks for simplifying my life. Do you happen to own the X?

I had the X and sold it and went back to my 7 Plus. X was too small for my hands and the screen while on paper was larger; in reality it's really not to my eyes. The 7 Plus and 8 Plus are your best bets at this point, but if you can wait then wait a little while because apparently they are going to release a iPhone X that has a 6" screen or larger this year.

I own an iPhone X and like the fact that it has the larger screen but yet it is smaller in the hand than the Plus models. I personally like the X now that I'm used to the differences between the two.

Keep in mind the X has a larger screen due to a different aspect ratio. When viewing 16:9 content it's actually quite a bit smaller than the 5.5" 8 Plus. I believe 16:9 content on the iPhone X is equivalent to a ~5" 16:9 screen.

Remember, that the 6 plus - 8 plus have a larger screen than the X. The measurements aren't accurate for usable space. That notch takes up the space that makes it bigger. I miss my 8 plus and now have an X as the screen is noticeably smaller and font on the X. Get the 7 plus or 8 plus. Or wait for the X Plus due out in September.

There is the iPhone 8 that came in at 6.5 inches. I believe it was the Red edition.

There is the iPhone 8 that came in at 6.5 inches. I believe it was the Red edition.

There's a rumor that the next iPhone will be 6.5"... but as far as I'm aware the largest iPhone screen was 5.5" (not counting the 5.8" X). The (PRODUCT}RED™ phones were the same as the other colors.

So the notch does make it a smaller screen, thank you for the correction, HOWEVER the size difference isn't enough to justify such a larger footprint. I have owned the Plus and am actually happier with the smaller physical size of the X given the smaller display size is negligible.

It's honestly more noticeable when you use it. Trust me, I had the 8 plus and now the X. Many have switched back to the plus from the X because of the screen. I am holding out for the X plus.

I had the 6 Plus and 6S Plus and actually prefer the smaller feel of the X but that's my preference.

I have one.

It feels smaller than the 6 Plus it replaced, although it actually is a hair lager, if you forgive the notch. I really like it, after a couple of months of use, but whether or not it's worth the outrageous price I'm still on the fence about.

I have a feeling that the best option for you will depend heavily on exactly why you need the absolute largest screen you can get. If it's because, like my girlfriend, you have a visual disability that makes reading a tiny screen difficult, then I think the 8 Plus would be the one for you. I also happen to like the red version they offered.

If you can at all hold out until September, go for it. People have already talked about the "iPhone X Plus" at 6.5 inches, but there are also credible rumors of a 6.1-inch LCD iPhone that would be more affordable but still pack a pretty big screen and a solid camera (albeit one rear camera, not two). That may be the best compromise if it turns out that the X Plus is overkill for your needs.

Back