Largest 1440p Display?

Zyklon808

Gawd
So basically I'm tired of all this pissing around with 24 to 27 inch screens for 1440p. That's just tiney. I just got done owning a Seiki 39" that displayed 1440p content awesomely (except the desktop looked like shit).

So are there any 1440p displays bigger than 37" The only one I know of is the Seiki.

How far away do you sit? There is a reason you don't find actual monitors larger than 27-30".

I just got done owning a Seiki 39" that displayed 1440p content awesomely (except the desktop looked like shit).

Ever thought that's because the pixel density is unfathmobly low by today's standards? A mere 77ppi for a screen that size at 2560x1440 - compared to a 27" 2560x1440 monitor that has a 109ppi. To be honest I'm surprised any content was displayed awesomely.

How far away do you sit? There is a reason you don't find actual monitors larger than 27-30".

^ This

I liked it because it's one of the true 120hz monitors at 39". Seems almost ALL 120hz monitors are under 30 inches. I sit about a meter and a half away, and yes you could say the whole 'ppi and distance' argument, but the fact still holds, monitors under 30" are to small in screen size vs resolution. So what if you got a 1440p screen, it's still only going to be 24-28 inches.

Maybe I fail to see the point in a monitor much more than that size; I feel a TV would be a better option if you're sitting 5 feet away from the panel as you only need 1080p at that screen size/distance combination.

resolution_chart.jpg

You'd need a 42" 1440p panel for it to be noticeably better than a 1080p display and it'd need to be 50"+ for the full effect to be noticeable...and even then it'd only 70ppi for the 42" display. I shudder to think what the ppi would be on the 50"+ (hint: 59ppi). I know my eyes aren't the hottest shit since sliced bread and individually wrapped cheese but I couldn't stare at something that big and that blurry all day. Your dream 'monitor' might just be a 50-60" 4k OLED TV.

Back