• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Larger VGA RAM heatsinks

Havoc501

n00b
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
13
So, I am having this problem where my RAM on the video card is overheating. I have my video cards in SLI setup with Danger Den Maze 4s and OCZ Copper RAM sinks. I was wondering if any of you guys have ever come across anything that is better than the RAM sinks for dissipating heat.

I was thinking that if I couldnt find anything, that I would buy some thin copper, cut it to the width of the RAM and cut it so that it curves all the way around all 8 pieces of RAM and then put as many of the OCZ ram sinks as I could around the copper strip.
 
id be careful withdoing something like that.. i can just imagine shorting something out.
 
The swiftech RAM sinks are generally considered best, and would probably help some, but I'm not sure they would make a huge difference.

What cards do you have? Maybe you could get a water block that cools the RAM also?
 
I have 2-BFG 6800 GTs

I thought originally of getting the NV68s from dangerden to cool the ram as well, but I figured that the maze 4 blocks I could use for future upgrades to other video cards.
 
you oculd try getting one of those pci fan things. its like two fans powered off a molex held in place by a open pci bracket
 
I use the Swiftech MC14's on one of my cards, they seem to draw a lot of heat fron the vram........... :eek:

118xq.jpg


But without good airflow in your case they are pretty much useless. Airflow is the key to good cooling even in a water cooled system............. :eek:
 
Check out the Vantec Spectrum card. It's got 2 fans (adjustable speed) that blow up at your vid card. Even on low, it should do the trick (unless you're running sli, in which case a Zalman bracket would serve you better).
 
Back
Top