large "plain" mouse pads?

Sync

Weaksauce
Hey guys,

Can anyone point me in the direction for a large mousepad that is thin and "plain"? Hopefully solid color black or something.

Ive always just used my desk but there is starting to be wear at the mouse area so I want the mousepad to do double duty. Make a spot for my mouse and hide the wear I have created. :)

Thanks!

Only problem is that you want solid color which would probably leave you buying a goliathus instead lol

Steelseries QcK!

Plain and one of the absolute best mousepads out there. Cheap too, only $10

I was thinking of getting the SteelSeries 4HD to use with my G7. Does anyone have experience with it? Is it better than the QcK?

Well, if you want a plain one, the QCK+ is a good (and also cheap) solution for a nice big surface.

I've used both and prefer the softer surface. It feels better on your hand/wrist and seems to have a wider compatibility with more mice. I haven't found a mouse that doesn't work on a cloth pad. I guess it really comes down to personal preference.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The only real mouse pads I've used in the last 9+ years are ratpads and a griddle that I cut the edges off of. Both work really well, the ratpad is great out of the box but the griddle was cheaper. Griddle did require some work to cut the edges off though.

Last time I was at Office Depot, they had these HUGE thin neoprene fabric-covered mouse pads. I used 2 to completely cover my desk area under/around my keyboard because it was a glass surface and cold on the skin. I just used the mouse wherever since it's all mousepad now.

Steelseries QcK heavy. Nice thick cloth mouspad. Very large and it is flat black except for a logo in the corner. Heavy too this thing doesn't move while gaming. I like the soft pads vs. hard pads.

I've had one of those dual surface fUnc pads forever, heard they went under, anyone else making something similar?

I like my goliathus cloth pad. It's got a small logo in the corner, but is 99% flat black.

Steelseries 4HD is very similar

Indeed it is, looks like a very suitable replacement based on the reviews I read... My only qualm is that it too seems to be disappearing, heh. OOS at Steel's own shop and NE, available at Amazon but not with Prime. The larger 9HD seems to be more readily available but it's over $10 more and I don't really need for it to be larger, meh.

Oh, I guess reports of fUnc's demise were exaggerated... Their site is still operational even tho their store isn't, what's more, they're still selling pads on Amazon. Black and classic blue/oj combo are both available for $17, pretty nice... Just search for func 1030, there's a larger Archetype version too. Might be a little thicker than Steelseries but personally I still dig the dual surface functionality. (no pun intended!)

I ordered this and it came plain black (like the ones in the user submitted photos). It was frickin huge. Mine came with no logos on it at all.
19.49 in x 11.81 in x 0.12 in

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/rubber-gaming-mouse-pad-29649

29649-5c2567ee-eca6-4f2a-9dce-35217a963721.jpg

Been using this one huge supermat I bought from Frys years ago, ever since I played CS 1.5/1.6 competitively. It's just a simple cloth mousepad. Though I'll probably try the QcK or something if I ever need a new one...need to catch up with all these mousepads that have come out over the years

I have a couple Razer Goliathus "Speed" mouse pads in the box still. The older ones that are plain black with just a small Razer logo.

I bought a few of the larger size ones and cut the down to the exact size I need. You can't even tell they didn't come that way originally. Rounded corners and everything....

Too bad they stopped making it and replaced it with an ugly "fragged" version.

I like my steelseries 4HD. It's the perfect size for my desk at school, and the hard surface seems like it will last for a while. I used to use cloth mouse pads, but I always end up wearing them out pretty fast.

The mionix 380 pad is really nice. It's huge and looks good. I picked one up for 20 bucks.

artisan hayate

/thread.

artisan hien hard

http://www.amazon.com/HIEN-SAMURAI-...L4WC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1325220566&sr=8-6

steelseries qck series pads are way too thin and don't last very long.

every mousepad thread one or two people post this. the op then goes out and purchases something else, usually made by steel series or razer.

i think i was the last guy that took this advice and bought an artisan mousepad, or at least it seems that way. i couldnt be happier with my decision and artisan pads perfectly fit the op's description. if you can get around the engrish on their website you can decide which surface treatment would be best for you.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back