Large and active IT forum? Specifically network administration

• Thread starter Deleted member 19858
  • Start date
nah, I've never heard of the FLECOM thing.

I agree, the only reason I don't want the domains out of my control is that in the event of member conflict, there aren't any issues with losing the domain or having someone drop the databases etc.

Well in that case I think we should use the name hard-street.com! :p

nah, I've never heard of the FLECOM thing.

I agree, the only reason I don't want the domains out of my control is that in the event of member conflict, there aren't any issues with losing the domain or having someone drop the databases etc.

We can work out a transfer of domain to you or the initial person who sets this up. Usually takes only a couple days.

The forum should really be tailored to actual network administration such as Cisco, AD, firewalls, switches, Exchange, and so on rather than home or small office kind of things.

leave the small office stuff in, alot of consultants run into small offices all the time and have to deal with extremely wacky shit. Id like to help out with forum layout...how much are we going for standard donation against vB..its 160 right? 10 bucks a pop...15 a pop?

The forum should really be tailored to actual network administration such as Cisco, AD, firewalls, switches, Exchange, and so on rather than home or small office kind of things.

O MG MULTI QUOTE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!1111 ROFLCAKES SO EXCITING...

Okay, serious business: I would like to have a small business section, though I would probably just leave that to the Server SBS section. About 80% of all wacky shit that happens in small businesses, they are using SBS.

leave the small office stuff in, alot of consultants run into small offices all the time and have to deal with extremely wacky shit. Id like to help out with forum layout...how much are we going for standard donation against vB..its 160 right? 10 bucks a pop...15 a pop?
10-15 a pop sounds good. I'm not going to post my paypal email publicly, since I don't want to make it like I'm using these forums in a way most inappropriate. Just PM me.

Yes, you will get credit when we get started.

O MG MULTI QUOTE FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!1111 ROFLCAKES SO EXCITING...

Okay, serious business: I would like to have a small business section, though I would probably just leave that to the Server SBS section. About 80% of all wacky shit that happens in small businesses, they are using SBS.

10-15 a pop sounds good. I'm not going to post my paypal email publicly, since I don't want to make it like I'm using these forums in a way most inappropriate. Just PM me.

Yes, you will get credit when we get started.

You know you do have a PM.....

Heya guys,

http://www.networkisdown.com/forum/index.php

I just started these forums but they should be growing exponentially in the short period. There is still a lot of things to do such as fine tuning with the correct template and logo.

But register there and see if you can help me out :)

One thing I must note was that I've had this idea for a long time but I never really pushed the cart so to speak. I registered the vB license early last year but never pushed ahead with it, you guys gave me the final push :) The forum is still under construction and I would have liked to iron things out first such as which logo has to be chosen and which template that would work good with said logo. Mainly cosmetics is the main factor at the moment, I'm by far not a skilled graphics artist... so perhaps you guys have ideas. I'm fully open to ideas and concepts, just let me know. The goal of the site is to target the enthusiast/enterprise level networking audience and to more focus on the hardware & technology aspect.

So let me know what you guys think.

I can't get to the site. Did we break it? :)

Knowing you guys probably!! ;)

Naw, the database was upgraded, so there was a small window of downtime. Should be up and good now, unless if they have another update! :)

what do i win?

A cookie of course:

cookiers0.jpg

giving total controll of accounts/domains is a good idea

(Anyone ever read about FLECOM and company in the genmay.com/net/org debate?)

I've been at genmay since its inception. Senseless drama is what genmay is best known for. I think FLECOMs famous words were "CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY I'VE BEEN DE-ADMINED FROM MY OWN F*CKING FORUM?"

Ahh, sweet, looks like it's up

now is the hosting good?

is the licensing squared away?

need to confirm this thing is solid...
then make some nice themes
organize it more if needed
and get some people to start advertising. Link to it in posts at different forums, word of mouth, get it setup on all the major search engines, perhaps do some "work" to bump it up to the top of relavant searches, and get the people coming in :)

:edit
I can't wait to get it going.
Also I am willing to be a mod as needed. I have admined a small VB forum for a while, til I moved out of state (Mustang club in OK).

I've been at genmay since its inception. Senseless drama is what genmay is best known for. I think FLECOMs famous words were "CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY I'VE BEEN DE-ADMINED FROM MY OWN F*CKING FORUM?"

yup, and the reason there were 3 major admins in the first place - 3 different people grabbed .org .net and .com

Could have been one of the otehr admin/owners who did it ;)

In the config file there is a notation for a non deletable admin. The number used should be the userid. That way that admin can never be deleted or de-admined. So if he was set as userid=1 and that matched the config file, some one would have had to change the config file before they could demote him.

now is the hosting good?

and get some people to start advertising. Link to it in posts at different forums, word of mouth, get it setup on all the major search engines, perhaps do some "work" to bump it up to the top of relavant searches, and get the people coming in :)

Also I am willing to be a mod as needed. I have admined a small VB forum for a while, til I moved out of state (Mustang club in OK).

Licensing Money Raised: $9.41

now is the hosting good?

Yep, it's up. Solid as in running for a few years (have other accounts). Needs some tuning and needs major cosmetics.

Looking at getting CCNA among other things. IT is such a broad field. Makes you field like you want to go all over the place. Will definitely check out the other website.

$160.00 owned
$85.00 leased for one year

I have a couple forum names in mind. I'm willing to start building it, then we can promote for publicity. If you want to work on this personally with me (I'm looking for someone to help pay for a VBulletin license), send me a PM and I'll send you my email address.
Another thing: Can we get a hold of Mr Kyle Bennett on this? Perhaps he is willing to offer advice or may have an idea on what to do here.

-RandyC

I have a license of vbulletin im not using. Ill donate.

If you guys are interested and would support the site. I had a thread on here a long time ago about the same thing basically. I was shot down, saying there was already tons of resources.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=793881

But I have a hosted solution and have tons of room for another site. I would buy another vBulletin lisence and domain. But I dont have all the time in the world, so I would need support. Feel free to PM me then I will give you my email and we can put something together. I have always wanted a dedicated networking forum...

Also ideas for the site. Sections for tests. Kinda like a brain dump.

If you guys are interested and would support the site. I had a thread on here a long time ago about the same thing basically. I was shot down, saying there was already tons of resources.

But I have a hosted solution and have tons of room for another site. I would buy another vBulletin lisence and domain. But I dont have all the time in the world, so I would need support. Feel free to PM me then I will give you my email and we can put something together. I have always wanted a dedicated networking forum...

Woo!

Alright guys, I'm at $50.00 in donation's so far. I also have a loaned VB license...
just need name suggestions.
I'm going to be setting up soon, probably this weekend or mid of next week.

-RandyC

Woo!

Alright guys, I'm at $50.00 in donation's so far. I also have a loaned VB license...
just need name suggestions.
I'm going to be setting up soon, probably this weekend or mid of next week.

-RandyC

Seriously....look one post up

nice work guys.

i know little about networking, but i'd be glad to help in any way i can.

pm me if i can help!

zv

Randy, what's the point of creating another forum, when there's one at Networkisdown already?

Back