Laptops Running Minecraft

drumr04

n00b
What laptop/netbook is everybody using to play Minecraft? I'm looking for a lightweight/compact mobile option for Minecraft on the go lol. I've looked at the wiki but would like to get some more feedback on what [H] people are using.

As of right now I'm looking at an HP Probook 4525s (Athlon II P340, 2GB DDR3, ATI HD4250 integrated), Samsung Q430 (i5-480M, 4GB DDR3, nVidia 310M), and HP dm1z (AMD E-450, 4GB DDR3, ATI 6320 discrete). Are there any other compact (12"-15") laptops I should be looking at in the ~$500 range that can play Minecraft comfortably?

Edit: I also found the MSI X370 with the same specs as the dm1z but with a 13.4" screen...
2nd edit: To clarify, this will be an all around laptop (email/youtube/etc.) The only video games I play on the go is Minecraft and DotA.

Last edited:
In which case, the Samsung will provide the most CPU and GPU power.

I dunno about battery life or any other attributes of the Sammy, however.

Get the DM1Z. I do support for HP and never get calls on them not even for hard drive issues. If I didn't need a desktop so badly I'm be springing for one.

In which case, the Samsung will provide the most CPU and GPU power.

I dunno about battery life or any other attributes of the Sammy, however.
It does seem to have the best specs but on further reading, most people seem to run the battery down in ~2hrs on normal surfing/lite video...

Get the DM1Z. I do support for HP and never get calls on them not even for hard drive issues. If I didn't need a desktop so badly I'm be springing for one.
Thanks for the info. Right now that's my top choice due to the best price ($450 w/ laptop bag) and longest battery life but I'm not sure how well it'll run Minecraft...

Back