Laptop Screen Help

Zarich

Limp Gawd
Got a new Gateway last week. My wife loves it. I like everything about it but the screen.
Here is my issue. When I hold the screen on my lap.. or really anywhere and a black screen comes on the top half is a nice inky black and the bottom is that washed out grey. If I adjust the angle of the screen the bottom looks nice, but now the top is so dark details are lost.

I have tried color calibrating, Changing screen angles and everything, but for the most part the view that gives me the best color and picture on most things gives me a inky black on top and a washed out greyish on bottom. Now on most things this effect is totally unnoticeable. A person might note it if they were doing photo work, but for most things you don't see it.

I went to BB to look at other laptops to see if I returned this and got a different one what I would need to get in order to not have this. But I couldn't find a single one that didn't do this to some extent. Some were better, but still had the effect present. I found this annoying.

As I said my wife loves this laptop (she is a transcriptionist and this particular keyboard is something she really enjoys plus the touch pad is super responsive and smooth) and does not want to return it. I kinda want to return it and try a different lappy (this model is no longer available) but fear I would be in a cycle of getting a different issue each time or find that the problem I am seeing is inherent and not something you can get away from on these lower end models.:confused:

The screen is a 15.6 tft LED screen at 1366x768 it is using intel HD graphics.

Any help or suggestions?

Problem 1 is it's a gateway... (lol)

The other one is its a TN edge lit screen issue. all laptops suffer from this issue to some degree.

live with the screen becuase it's the best you are going to get. if you can find a 1080p screen that is compatable with that laptop, it would be ab uppgrade because those are usually a higher quality product than the mainstream lcds at 1336*768

Back