Laptop screen goes from better to worse

gmreplay

Weaksauce
When I open my Toshiba Portege to take it out of hibernate, the screen very briefly (for about a second) looks really crisp and the brightness/gamma looks ideal, but then some color profile seems to take over, making it brighter and more washed out. I've adjusted my gamma as low as possible using the calibration tool, so I don't think this is the cause. The laptop has a new core i5 with the integrated intel 3000 gfx processor, and I don't have any other color configuration tools or drivers installed. What could be causing this problem?

Probably broken cable inside laptop, or it wont happen when you move with the lid?

Probably broken cable inside laptop, or it wont happen when you move with the lid?

Nope, it's definitely a software problem. Always happens immediately after I bring it out of hibernation, and never happens when I move the screen. I just don't know what software to look for to fix it.

Try turning off any Intel graphics energy savings. I remember a couple that screws with brightness and contrast to conserve battery power.

That sounds more like it, but I don't seem to have the Intel Control Panel installed. If I do it's not coming up in any searches.

My default battery profile is "microsoft signature", though. Might that be the cause of the problem?

Back