Laptop display color inversion? help?

mannyman

2[H]4U
i got the laptop from a friend in hope to fix it for him, the same one who gave me his old overheating alienware that i fixed and use, well, the screen colors are inverted even in the bios. i reformated it put windows 7 on it ,to replace vista, and put powerstrip on it to reinvert the colors to normal, but its a very dull screen thats low quality, he assumes the laptop was dropped by one of the kids, i checked the display cable but it was fine and an external monitor is normal colored so im at a loss. possibly the [H] gurus can help me. oh also its a asus f8s series laptop.

no one seriously? come on guys i know i can rely on you, anon allways delivers i thought was a rule of the internet.

try reseating the internal monitor cable, that's all I can think of. Otherwise, it could be the LCD controller going bad, the GPU's LVDS output going toast, the mobo going south (also likely), or several other issues, too.

EDIT: actually, if the GPU is a MXM card, reseat that, too. The MXM interface gives all the outputs.

ok i unpluged it and repluged it but it still doesnt work, and the i couldn get to the gpu

Back