LA Noire $4.99 Steam

yeah I was surprised it wasn't posted either.. so I posted it...

I didn't see anybody post about the Woot off either...

It is a good price, but I could never get into the game. Be aware that this game is not for everybody.

Picked up the $7.50 pack.

It was posted over in the Summer Steam sale thread in gaming, but not on Hot Deals.

It costs $3.74 here in Australia which is unusual because we always get ripped off. Anyway I bought it, even for that price it is very tempting.

Good deal for a very good game. Got the Complete Edition for $7.50

Has Rockstar (or a modder) released anything to allow the game to run at 60fps? Last I remember, the game was locked at 30fps because its a full port.

Cole Phelps, badge twelve-forty-seven.

Just wait. You'll want to come back and punch me for this later.

Has Rockstar (or a modder) released anything to allow the game to run at 60fps? Last I remember, the game was locked at 30fps because its a full port.

You know, I started playing this last night and I wondered why it looked like it was running so slow. Good to know it's a design thing (although a really lame one).

Great game if you can go into it with an open mind.
What you really mean is without a mind.

I have never experienced a game with this type of production value that is so mindnumbingly boring at best and highly frustrating at worst.

Missing clues is really easy and if you screw up the dialog answers you potentially lose hours of game play if you want to do it over again to get the answers right. Not that the dialog choices actually matter in terms of game progression.

I paid ~$15 for it a while back and I wish I had not. I wouldn't play this if it were given to me for free.

What you really mean is without a mind.

I have never experienced a game with this type of production value that is so mindnumbingly boring at best and highly frustrating at worst.

Missing clues is really easy and if you screw up the dialog answers you potentially lose hours of game play if you want to do it over again to get the answers right. Not that the dialog choices actually matter in terms of game progression.

I paid ~$15 for it a while back and I wish I had not. I wouldn't play this if it were given to me for free.

Meh, different strokes. I also paid more than this (can't remember if it was $15 or $25) and I'm enjoying the game. I wouldn't call it mindnumbingly boring, but it can get a bit repetitive...search for clues, examine evidence, question people, interrogate suspect, drive somewhere, search for more clues, examine more evidence, talk to more people, interrogate another suspect, etc. with random street crimes thrown in to mix things up. That said, it sure is a refreshing change of pace from the plethora of FPS games and I actually enjoy finding the clues and piecing together the puzzles. It's very satisfying to find an important clue and then call the bluff of the person you're interrogating.

I don't know about losing hours of gameplay, though. The game autosaves pretty often and if you screw up an interrogation and want to redo it, you're usually looking at a max of 5 minutes to get back to the question you botched. You certainly don't have to get them all correct, though it does help your rank and end of case report card. No idea if getting a better ranking affects the ending or unlocks anything special, though.

I find that when I mess up during an interrogation, I simply didn't read the person's body language correctly. This probably isn't a game for the impatient folks or the action nuts, but it's a neat concept and I'm a fan of that era anyway so I really enjoy the characters, atmosphere, environments, etc.

I bought the complete edition for $7.49 yesterday. Bought the PS3 version on release. Really enjoying the game a lot more on PC.

Back