L4D2 Hard Rain revealed

You really need to play with a group of friends or pubs that can actually communicate and use the microphone. If you think it's a "crap shoot as to who wins" and takes "no strategy" then I'm afraid you are bad at the game. Playing infected well requires strategy and timing, if you do not have this the only way you will kill someone is if they're quite bad and taking mass amounts of horde damage or their teammates do not help them at all. If you are playing as survivor and all four of you do not stick together and communicate on where you are going, where infected are, if they're getting pounced, etc then you guys will lose to any team that does.

When I play 8/10 times either everyone dies or everyone survives. It's pretty easy to come back from a loss.

Versus is extremely fun, but only if you have regular teammates that use the microphone and are competent; I refuse to play the game without friends and with all of us on my vent.

totally agree, +1

I'll get a 4pack soon, i've heard there's an early demo on tuesday for all the people who preordered, I don't give a flying f*ck about boycotting, valve can make quality multiplatform titles without messing up with the pc gamers,(aside from broken matchmaking this game is not even 5% consolified ) stupid Raven IW and activision can't .

You really need to play with a group of friends or pubs that can actually communicate and use the microphone. If you think it's a "crap shoot as to who wins" and takes "no strategy" then I'm afraid you are bad at the game. Playing infected well requires strategy and timing, if you do not have this the only way you will kill someone is if they're quite bad and taking mass amounts of horde damage or their teammates do not help them at all. If you are playing as survivor and all four of you do not stick together and communicate on where you are going, where infected are, if they're getting pounced, etc then you guys will lose to any team that does.

When I play 8/10 times either everyone dies or everyone survives. It's pretty easy to come back from a loss.

Versus is extremely fun, but only if you have regular teammates that use the microphone and are competent; I refuse to play the game without friends and with all of us on my vent.

I guess the subtleties weren't enough to make this obvious enough; L4D is boring as hell alone and the only time I ever played it with was a set of 4. We'd steam roll a team nearly everytime on the first level and someone would quit and ruin the game for everyone. So we had to start using feeler tactics to figure out if the guys we were playing were somewhat organized or not and if they weren't we'd throw the first level to build up their ego's to prevent anyone from leaving. Winning was never the problem, it was the fact that we rarely made it to the final map because by then we had them dominated so much it was pointless to play past map 3 most of the time. Finding organized teams to play against is takes too long but the few times we did the game what somewhat enjoyable but overall still the same and very lacking competitively.

I guess the subtleties weren't enough to make this obvious enough; L4D is boring as hell alone and the only time I ever played it with was a set of 4. We'd steam roll a team nearly everytime on the first level and someone would quit and ruin the game for everyone. So we had to start using feeler tactics to figure out if the guys we were playing were somewhat organized or not and if they weren't we'd throw the first level to build up their ego's to prevent anyone from leaving. Winning was never the problem, it was the fact that we rarely made it to the final map because by then we had them dominated so much it was pointless to play past map 3 most of the time. Finding organized teams to play against is takes too long but the few times we did the game what somewhat enjoyable but overall still the same and very lacking competitively.

This is probably the biggest problem with versus. On some games for Xbox Live you can form parties and the game will automatically try to match parties against parties as much as possible. Makes for much more organized and competitive gameplay. I hope Steam is working on bringing this feature in, they're probably thinking about it already. They have a great feature going with the community groups, I think this would be a natural addition.

This is probably the biggest problem with versus. On some games for Xbox Live you can form parties and the game will automatically try to match parties against parties as much as possible. Makes for much more organized and competitive gameplay. I hope Steam is working on bringing this feature in, they're probably thinking about it already. They have a great feature going with the community groups, I think this would be a natural addition.

They are. 4v4 matchmaking is supposed to come to L4D sometime in the next 3 weeks or so.

4v4 matchmaking better come out when L4D2 is released and patched on L4D1. They've been promising it for l4d1 for a while and I was hoping it'd come out with the crash course dlc. It'd significantly remove a lot of rage quits which ruins the game half way through.

L4D VS died to me when they took out advanced and expert modes. After that it wasn't how far can your team make it, it was who can make it to the safe room with the biggest health bonus?

L4D VS died to me when they took out advanced and expert modes. After that it wasn't how far can your team make it, it was who can make it to the safe room with the biggest health bonus?

Protip: sacrifice the boomer and save the other 3 infected. The boomer will respawn as a third hunter so you can set up for a 3 hunter+1 smoker quad cap. Rinse and repeat on the next round. It's really not that hard.

Protip: sacrifice the boomer and save the other 3 infected. The boomer will respawn as a third hunter so you can set up for a 3 hunter+1 smoker quad cap. Rinse and repeat on the next round. It's really not that hard.

Combine that with a ledge or ladder and it's easymode :D

Back