L4D? that good?

i like it but it could be better. it needed some better "missions" other then just run threw the maps and get to the safe room. Like maybe go save other NPC humans or some type of other choices in paths that you take. Running threw the same maps over and over again gets boring. Just needed more of a story IMHO

but playing as a tank is Greeeaaattt lol

Story would make it a completely different game. It's called Left 4 dead; watch the intro and that is all you need to know the world turned into zumbee's and you have to get the fuck out.

Like in BF2 one team is American the other is not kill them.

Or CS one team is terrorist the other isn't kill them.

I get bored with games very easily, but Valve managed to make the same maps and characters fun every time I play the game. The AI Director does a very good job in varying the encounters, especially if played on a mode above Normal. In Expert, you usually need to play with a coordinated team, or just a couple of zombies can knock you down if you don't see them first.

The game, however, can use polishing. Some annoying bugs remain, but I still come back to it a few times a day.

They really need to add the ability to drop off a ledge as survivors and let go/get off opponents as infected. It's really annoying to have to sit on an incapped survivor when their team has already left them behind.

They really need to add the ability to drop off a ledge as survivors and let go/get off opponents as infected. It's really annoying to have to sit on an incapped survivor when their team has already left them behind.

Forcing you to stay on them after they've been incapacitated is part of the strategy of it :)
It's one of the focuses of splitting the survivors into 2 groups - you can cut your number of opponents in half by sacrificing people. It's especially effective if you have two people low in health and you're making a run for the exit. That can also grant you enough time to heal up in the exit to get more points.
Survivors can fall off ledges, though. You just have to jump or be knocked WAY off the ledge. Tanks can do it pretty easily and Smokers can drag people to their doom in several places.

Forcing you to stay on them after they've been incapacitated is part of the strategy of it :)
It's one of the focuses of splitting the survivors into 2 groups - you can cut your number of opponents in half by sacrificing people. It's especially effective if you have two people low in health and you're making a run for the exit. That can also grant you enough time to heal up in the exit to get more points.
Survivors can fall off ledges, though. You just have to jump or be knocked WAY off the ledge. Tanks can do it pretty easily and Smokers can drag people to their doom in several places.

Yeah but if you get stuck on a ledge that is a very short drop of only a few feet you should be allowed to just let go. Forcing you to stay on survivors is not part of strategy it's just dumb. You can't do a high damage pounce then attempt to escape, you can only do high damage pounce and pray you don't die in less than two seconds. After you get melee'd as a zombie it's over for you because you have just been blinded, knocked back, damaged, and stunned long enough for a survivor to two shot you. Infected players should be allowed more options for escape and attacks other than, "glue your character to one survivor and await impending slaughter."

Well the idea of not being able to release is probably around to force the infected to work as a team as well. Face it, we all have seen matches where as infected you happen to have three hunters and a smoker and the entire infected team attacks one at a time completely wasting their opportunity. Of course I have also seen the opposite and if coordinated right it can wipe out the survirors real quick.

At first not releasing was annoying, but if you could release I think it would make it more likely for hunters to be lone-wolf's and break down the team aspect.

The one thing that keeps me comming back to this game is just how important working together is for both sides. And when you get the rare game where both sides are using good team work then it is flat out amazing. I believe the simplicity is what makes this game what it is.

the moment you see a window saying 'initiated a vote to kick 'your name'' just start blasting your teammates into oblivion.

I'll have to remember that. I was playing in a game with some random people and one person had a problem with how I was playing (why? I have no idea....I'm pretty experienced and know what I'm doing, I've had the game for months. He seemed to have an elitist complex :rolleyes: ). He voted to kick me and the rest of the players decided follow suit. I found another game, and for some reason he wound up in that game too (totally random....maybe he left the original game). He immediately voted to kick me when he got to the second game....ass. If I see him again I'll just shoot him on sight. :cool:

I've been playing the game recently for the 360 (haven't tried the PC version) and I do like it quite a bit. I can see it getting boring after a little while, but for me, that goes the same for any game I play :p

yeah my wife gets voted off every now and then for having her mic always on.

it's easy to get kicked for reasons other than skill.

Mic always on = annoying as hell, you hear tons of static from that player, and the icon is distracting. Of course L4D players kick over any g'damn reason though.

They don't allow you to let go/get off of survivors because they don't a single flaming hunter to be able to incap an entire team in under 20 seconds with a single life. That would be called OVERPOWERED. It's a game of attrition and you're not suppose to be able to kill them all in the first attack(unless they're terrible). The point is to wear them down and ultimately stop them from getting to the safe room.

A lot of people forget that this isn't Survivor vs. Infected, it's Survivor vs. Survivor and you're playing to see who gets the furthest. You aren't playing to see who does better as the Infected.

I'd kick you too if you left your mic on in the lobby. That shit is annoying.

I found that if you have played any other FPS, its just the same if not worse. There is no variety in the game, making it old quick. Even the multiplayer lacks any reason to play.

I'll have to remember that. I was playing in a game with some random people and one person had a problem with how I was playing (why? I have no idea....I'm pretty experienced and know what I'm doing, I've had the game for months. He seemed to have an elitist complex :rolleyes: ). He voted to kick me and the rest of the players decided follow suit. I found another game, and for some reason he wound up in that game too (totally random....maybe he left the original game). He immediately voted to kick me when he got to the second game....ass. If I see him again I'll just shoot him on sight. :cool:

Post his screen name. We should have a thread of names of all asshats we've played with. Anyone who's named in the thread can defend themselves of course. Could be a way to vent after being kicked.

I would but I can't remember it and it's not showing on the 'players from recent games' list. Oh well....

L4D is a good game. The issue comes when you don't really have a bunch of friends who have the game. Playing multiplayer with random people isn't all that fun.

Back