KS8000 - ready to set it on fire

Riptide_NVN

2[H]4U
I am so upset right now I feel like taking a bat to this television and smashing it into a million pieces.
mad.gif

This is my THIRD 49KS8000. The first one had handshake problems. The second one had a gray dot in the screen that was some type of defect in the anti glare coating or glass. BB allowed me to swap both those sets out 3 weeks after buying it which is outside of their exchange period.

This set was perfect when I got it. Now after having it a few weeks it has some type of hair follicle or fiber showing up. This is not a scratch. I did not scratch the screen. I've barely even touched it. With a bright white LED shining on the screen with it turned off I can't see this. But with the monitor on you can see it show on a white background.

Jeweler's loop back out again and it looks like a hair to me.

The only recourse left to me is to either put up with this or deal with Samsung now.

What a nightmare!!

Man, that sucks. I was actually picking up one for xmas when they go on sale again. Now I'm not so sure. I hope you get yours resolve.

I would use the three strike rule if I were you OP. Three tries and all got problems? Get rid of it and buy something different that is not a KS8000 model. That's just me though.

Samsung sending a tech. I'm already sort of regretting making the call. Maybe it would be better to sell it on craigslist and take 1/2 or 1/3 of what I paid for it. Just to be done.

If there is anything wrong with the next one I'm not making any more calls. It'll be sold for what I can get even if I lose a buttload. Will either pick up a 2017 model from Sony when they come out or if I don't want to wait a X800D.

Thanks. I've cooled off a bit from this morning. Past the anger stage. Now I'm in the disappointment/regret. lol

I've been on rtings this morning looking and gosh man the problem is there are limited options in anything 43-49".

55" is just too darn big for me.

I've been on rtings this morning looking and gosh man the problem is there are limited options in anything 43-49".

55" is just too darn big for me.

Indeed. Its like TV manufacturers think that people who want higher end with loads of features also want the TV to be as big as damn wall. Except for the Samsung KS serie every TV below 50" is a stripped down barebone model lacking a feature or another.

Sorry to hear you keep on having troubles with your own.

If the tech examines it and says it will need to be replaced. Which is what I suspect. I will approach him/her about getting a refund from Samsung direct for whatever their cost is on the website. I would prefer that at this point vs. trying a fourth display. I doubt they will be able. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Attached a photo taken with my phone.

This is a defect akin to the gray dot on the set I had before this one. Watching movies from the couch? Who cares. Computer display? It's annoying as hell.

Attachments

• IMG_9435.JPG
    IMG_9435.JPG
    330.4 KB · Views: 134
If the tech examines it and says it will need to be replaced. Which is what I suspect. I will approach him/her about getting a refund from Samsung direct for whatever their cost is on the website. I would prefer that at this point vs. trying a fourth display. I doubt they will be able. Doesn't hurt to ask.

This is a defect akin to the gray dot on the set I had before this one. Watching movies from the couch? Who cares. Computer display? It's annoying as hell.

If its not a surface scratch then yeah thats definetly a piece of hair stuck under the antiglare coating. The process where the coating is glued on the panel should be made in sterile enviromant but this shit still happens from time to time and should be sufficient reason to have the TV exchanged.

Sony XBR43X800D is the only option out there I would consider to replace this with. I'm used to the VA contrast ratios.

Everything else is super expensive OLED, IPS, sub par 4:4:4 support (Vizio), or comes in 55" or larger which is too much. Sony does make an 800D in 49" however that panel is IPS so unacceptable. Not willing to consider another Samsung so the KU6290/6300 are out of the question.

Long shot but if I can get them to take this back and cut me a check then I'm going to see about picking up the Sony next. Waiting for a 2017 panel is going to take too long.

The Sony is not a bad idea. Samsung is usually good, not sure how you got 3 duds in a row but I guess it happens.

Keep in mind too that a lot of panels are probably sold that have defects. Defects that go unnoticed because the majority of them end up on a wall being used as a TV set.

Sitting up close is going to expose any problem no matter how small sooner or later.

Well my KU6300 has one stuck pixel but on a 4K panel it's nearly invisible unless I set out to look for it.

Generally if a stuck or dead pixel is off to the periphery I don't have a problem with it. None of these displays had a single pixel blown out. The gray spot on the second set and the hair or fiber in this third one were all noticed during the course of actual use and didn't require a search to locate. I probably would've kept the second set with the gray dot had it been off towards the edge.

My display has remained perfect since I bought it maybe 4 or 5 months ago.

I am in absolute love with it. I have the 49" KS8000 and have zero complaints. I do wish I could lock the Game Mode in instead of it defaulting to PC on reboots but it's only a minor annoyance.

I had the money for the oled LG or Sony but as a gamer, I couldn't risk those displays not so great latency. The Samsung is a dream to play on.

LOL man F that person who was putting the coating on and forgot to clean the screen off beforehand. This would piss me off to no end too, especially if I had the TV for a while and didn't notice it until later on.

Samsung doesn't have a repair facility in my area. I have been referred back to executive level customer service. They are supposed to call me today or tomorrow and arrange for an exchange or refund. I intend to choose the latter. At this point I don't have the patience for another exchange especially ones that must be done over the mail.

Going to the Sony X800D will save some money. However I am getting a service contract this time and that will chew up some savings. Also am going to a 43" panel with contrast ratios not quite on par with the KS8000.

The picture quality on the KS8000 is the best in that size screen and price range. But I can't abide quality control this atrocious. For a PC display it needs to be close to perfect. None of these 3 have cut it.

Back