• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

KRK rp8 G2 Buzz?

antok86

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
8,681
got my krk rp8 g2 all fixed up and working. i have it hooked up via a 3.5 to rca cable to a mac mini. im getting slight buzz when im not playing any sound with the monitors on. what can i do to elimate the buzzing
 
It's a ground loop. To isolate if your mac mini is causing it or your monitors, use a ground lift adapter and put it on your power cord for your mac mini, if the buzzing goes away, the ground loops is cause by your mac mini.
 
It's a ground loop. To isolate if your mac mini is causing it or your monitors, use a ground lift adapter and put it on your power cord for your mac mini, if the buzzing goes away, the ground loops is cause by your mac mini.

i have them all hooked up into a UPS backup could this be causing it also?
 
It's possible. I'm unsure which UPS you have, but you need to test with and without the ups. Audio monitor monitors are sensitive to impurities of power/signal you send to them. Personally, I'd run the monitors off a Furman power conditioner. However, in this specific situation, start the process of elimination. Use a ground lifter and find out whats causing it. After you have determined what it is, if it is possible to improve the ground at the socket, do so. If not, then purchase a http://www.zzounds.com/item--EBTHUMX to safely lift the ground of the offending unit.
 
im still getting buzz after trying the ground lift. could it be of my cables im using? or maybe need a usb audio interface?
 
Last edited:
It could be the unbalanced signal that you are sending them. I have rp6g2's and have slight noise when nothing else is coming through the speaker. I am sending them an unbalanced signal from an Maudio Audiophile 2496.

Do you have to put your head close to hear this buzz?
 
It could be the unbalanced signal that you are sending them. I have rp6g2's and have slight noise when nothing else is coming through the speaker. I am sending them an unbalanced signal from an Maudio Audiophile 2496.

Do you have to put your head close to hear this buzz?


about a foot or two. im running straight from the back of the mac mini
 
plug into another audio source and see if the buzz is still there..
 
I have the same problem with my RP6's, and have discovered when my laptop is plugged in I get the noise, when it is unplugged it goes away completely.

Would one of these Ground Lift Adapters sort out my situation?

Thanks
 
I have the same problem with my RP6's, and have discovered when my laptop is plugged in I get the noise, when it is unplugged it goes away completely.

Would one of these Ground Lift Adapters sort out my situation?

Thanks
it did not for me. Since i originally posted i have gotten a external sound card and changed my cables since then i have no more buzzing
 
Ok thanks, I am gonna be buying a new sound card soon anyway for when i re build my PC so will wait till i do that then.

Which sound card did you buy and what cables are you using?

thanks
 
Back
Top