Koolance Threadripper Water Block Breakdown @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Koolance Threadripper Water Block Breakdown

Not to be left out of the rush to cool AMD's HEDT Threadripper CPU, Koolance joins the fray. We just got in our "CPU-400A-S" water block and we give you an upfront and personal look as we back the curtain to see what is inside of this soon-to-come cooler.

Damn. That microfin array looks disappointing.

It's always the pretty ones...

Does not look good, also are all their blocks that complicated? That was a lot of o-oings and pieces in there.

Looking forward to the results. This site has the most comprehensive stash of info for Treadripper cooling. Another very high quality showing.

It looks like there may be a lot of water pressure across the jet plate, and that may make a difference in cooling - all those O-Rings have to do something, after all... but the fin length IS disappointing. It is promising that the block is not yet a shipping product. If it turns out to not perform very well, hopefully Koolance goes back to the drawing board on it and makes some adjustments.

It looks like there may be a lot of water pressure across the jet plate, and that may make a difference in cooling - all those O-Rings have to do something, after all... but the fin length IS disappointing. It is promising that the block is not yet a shipping product. If it turns out to not perform very well, hopefully Koolance goes back to the drawing board on it and makes some adjustments.
Maybe I will get paid to be a consultant one day.....LOL!

I bet it will perform similar to the EK TR4 block + - a few Celcius. XSPC has one of the best so far.

Kind of sad, I have a koolance 380 I really like so was expecting more from a brand with such a good reputation. It's disappointing that some of these companies seem to be relying more on their reputation to carry them than actual innovation.

It looks like there may be a lot of water pressure across the jet plate, and that may make a difference in cooling - all those O-Rings have to do something, after all... but the fin length IS disappointing

That's how my last Koolance block was. High pressure/resistance with a bit better performance than lower-resistance XSPC blocks. I'm curious to see how this design performs.

Back