Koolance Exos Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ereshkigal

Limp Gawd
Currently running xp-m 2500 @ 2.55ghz @ 1.80 volts with a sk7 and torando. Max temps at load is between 40 to 45 degrees C. Wondering if the koolance system will bring the temp down more and also getting for silence. Also on Koolances website is says not to place the unit on top of your case while they sell straps to attach it there, which is it. Also looking for anyone that has any advise about the system, like what to look out for and ideas for better cooling with it.

i would stay with the air cooling you have now cause the koolence kit will probaly make temps go up...or if you are willing to shell out some cash and build your self a good water cooling setup....kits just suck and koolence sucks...just my .02 cents

i think your temps will drop, the temps on my system never break 42-43C. im very pleased with my koolance setup.

I have a koolance sytem on my overclocked Amd 2500xp @ 2310mhz. Cpu voltage is at 1.9V and temp never goes over 42 degrees at full load. It idles at 34-37 degrees. I would say that's not too shabby for an old pig of a cpu. Buts it runs perfectly silent. I agree you could build yourself a better system but I am quite satisfied with what I have now. I do not believe that I would be able to squeeze out much more perfermance with a better 1/2 inch watercooled setup.

Well another factor is that the case I am using is custom and has zero room for water cooling parts inside minus the northbridge water block and cpu water block. So for the money is the Koolance exos best system out there for extrenal and will it do better than my sk7 hs.

I went from good air cooling (zalman 7000CU on the cpu, zalman heatsink on the northbridge with a 120mm fan blowing over it) to a Koolance Exos-AL with 3 waterblocks.
I love my exos.
Please spend the extra money and buy the best waterblocks Koolance offers.

My system went from struggling at 3.6 GHz at VCore 1.65v to being totally cool at 3.9 GHz with VCore at 1.55.

You are supposed to put the unit on top of your case. You can use the included Velcro stickies, or you can buy a strap.

Yes, for those without enough space inside their case or for those who doesn't want the hassle of gathering and setting up a H20 system, Koolance is excellent. With my Koolance system cooling both the CPU and the GPU, I can pretty good OCs.

For the CPU, I went from 2.8E to 3.41E.

For the GPU, I went from 380 (core) to 441. RAM, which is being cooled by copper ramsinks, went from 340 to 360.

My idle is around 35 and load is 38-41.

You might also want to look at the Hydrocool thing, though I'm not sure how the newest revision performs compared to the Koolance. If you don't have the space internally the Koolance is a good option, though you can build custom external boxes that would perform a lot better. Just stick the radiator, pump, and reservoir in a nice box and furnish that how you want and run the lines back into your system. That solution requires more work, but it would perform better.

if you want watercooling go for it. unless youre really too lazy to pick out parts, in which case get a koolance setup and go back to your AOL's and your counterstrike

kronchev
Dude, get off your high horse.
If you read the thread, you can see he does not have room in his case.
So his options are: get a Koolance Exos or a Corsair Hydrocool, or build a complete custom external enclosure for his watercooling rig.

For the difference in performance between the Exos a a custom rig, if you feel it is worthwhile to build a complete custome external enclosure, you have WAY to much time on your hands.

With the exos, he will get 85% or more of the performance of a custom water rig, with 5% of the effort of building one.

Look at my sig for instance. If I built one of your kick-a$$ custom rigs, I might get to 4.0 GHz instead of 3.9. BIG EFFING DEAL !
It would take me hours of work and a good deal of frustration, for a performance increase I could barely measure...

It's called the law of diminishing returns...and for me it's not worth it.

pvanosta said:
kronchev
Dude, get off your high horse.
If you read the thread, you can see he does not have room in his case.
So his options are: get a Koolance Exos or a Corsair Hydrocool, or build a complete custom external enclosure for his watercooling rig.

For the difference in performance between the Exos a a custom rig, if you feel it is worthwhile to build a complete custome external enclosure, you have WAY to much time on your hands.

With the exos, he will get 85% or more of the performance of a custom water rig, with 5% of the effort of building one.

Look at my sig for instance. If I built one of your kick-a$$ custom rigs, I might get to 4.0 GHz instead of 3.9. BIG EFFING DEAL !
It would take me hours of work and a good deal of frustration, for a performance increase I could barely measure...

It's called the law of diminishing returns...and for me it's not worth it.

it took me an hour to pick out my parts and an hour to assemble my first wc rig...i admit i did have to put this thing called "effort" into it. if someone honestly wants to look like theyre cool with watercooling, then go for it. however you get neither cost-effectiveness, the "leet" effect, or the performance of watercooling. you get a brand name.

I love my Koolance! Have my P4 2.4C @ 3.54ghz with 1.7v. Nearly silent and mucho better than the 60000db Tornado I had before. All these Koolance haters don't know what they're talking about. Of course a DIY kit would be better, but the EXOS is no slouch and performs like a champ.

I like the look of the Koolance system. Idea that I am trying to do Is little bondo and fiberglass right to the top of my case. End result is a one unit type deal of which I will post pictures. My current concern is will the exos preform better than my sk7 with a tornado on it.

It will perform better than your Tornado.
But ALSO: it wil allow you to cool your northbridge AND your video card, both things your Tornado cannot do.

On top of that, is MUCH quieter than the (aptly named) Tornado.

Ok, well thx for help. I have ordered the CPU-300-H06 water block and the Exos from newegg. I will have the stuff by Tuesday latest Wednesday. By Friday of following week I should be done with the case mod and posting pics.

Good times, the Koolance is a great system and will definitely cool more effectively than that tornado. For every computer and every person there's a water cooling system to fit their needs, for many, that's the Koolance.

wow, how are you guys getting such good temps with your exos systems?!?!? i have an exos with a spiral design waterblock on the CPU. the CPU is an athlon XP 1700. when i don't overclock it the temps are mid to lower 30's(C). but when i overclock to 166x12.5 at 1.7V my temps skyrocket to a little over 60(C)!! this is with a room temp af roughly 72-74(F). is this normal or do i have something setup wrong? i did have my ti4600 vid card in the loop also, but i just recently took it out of the water setup. it helped the temps a little, but not as much as i thought it was going too.... anyone have any sugestions for me to check or is this normal? the rest of my system is this...

MB= soyo kt400 plat
CPU=XP 1700
Vid=ti4600
RAM=512
3 hard drives
cd burner
dvd burner

thanks

TheBlackAngel said:
wow, how are you guys getting such good temps with your exos systems?!?!? i have an exos with a spiral design waterblock on the CPU. the CPU is an athlon XP 1700. when i don't overclock it the temps are mid to lower 30's(C). but when i overclock to 166x12.5 at 1.7V my temps skyrocket to a little over 60(C)!! this is with a room temp af roughly 72-74(F). is this normal or do i have something setup wrong? i did have my ti4600 vid card in the loop also, but i just recently took it out of the water setup. it helped the temps a little, but not as much as i thought it was going too.... anyone have any sugestions for me to check or is this normal? the rest of my system is this...

MB= soyo kt400 plat
CPU=XP 1700
Vid=ti4600
RAM=512
3 hard drives
cd burner
dvd burner

thanks

Yea, it seems kinda odd that your temp would shoot up that much. Maybe there isn't good contact between your CPU and your waterblock? You should double-check the connections and make sure that you have some thermal grease there (like Artic Silver).

When non-OC'ed, I get an idle temp of 26-28 so there's something definitely kinda fishy in your temperatures. BTW, my room temp is around 72 F and I have a large full tower case with 6 case fans. Also, in additon to using the liquid provided by Koolance, I've added a liquid additive called "Water Wetter." Although I've noticed a temp dif of only 1 degree Celcius, I noticed that the color of my water doesn't change brownish as fast as before (Water Wetter also acts to prevent corrosion).

i have a koolance setup with the 200G CPU block and its cooling my [email protected] with no problems current room temp is 25.4c current cpu temp is 45c and case temp is 28.2c

btw i'm using the included koolance thermal grease :D

TheBlackAngel said:

MB= soyo kt400 plat
CPU=XP 1700
Vid=ti4600
RAM=512
3 hard drives
cd burner
dvd burner

thanks
Understand this...the people who are saying they have great temps off the POS koolence are only kidding themselfs. or probaly looking at the box with the temp gauge on it. :D sorry to say but if you are going to buy a KIT and not some POS koolence shit. buy a dangerden or a swifttech. also they look better and cool better to. people who have koolence have NO IDEA what i REAL WC RIG IS.......

[RIP]Zeus said:
Understand this...the people who are saying they have great temps off the POS koolence are only kidding themselfs. or probaly looking at the box with the temp gauge on it. :D sorry to say but if you are going to buy a KIT and not some POS koolence shit. buy a dangerden or a swifttech. also they look better and cool better to. people who have koolence have NO IDEA what i REAL WC RIG IS.......

Just because you don't buy a pre-built WC kit, it doesn't change the fact that you're still an ugly, computer geek with no friends in real life except fellow geeks. :D

If you have that much free time, go make some non-online friends.

Optimummind said:
Just because you don't buy a pre-built WC kit, it doesn't change the fact that you're still an ugly, computer geek with no friends in real life except fellow geeks. :D

youre an asshole. i have a fulltime job, im a full time student, i hang out with my REAL LIFE friends while maintaining a sorta popular online forum for my internet friends, yet i managed to do it myself. shut your damn mouth.

Optimummind and kronchev, consider this a warning. Next time bans will be in order.

(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.

Optimummind said:

that is amazing, that you would put yourself so low like that. just WOW....
oh and btw how do you know what i look like what what my life is?....plz do show me how you know...right now i am typing this from work so if i where you do some reseach before you speak...cause no one wants to hear what your ass says

Alright, it's time to drop it.
TheBlackAngel - if you still have questions to be answered, feel free to start a new thread and let's hope it stays civil next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back