• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Koolance EXOS kit question?

Phantum

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 25, 2001
Messages
1,716
The kit came with a liquid solution, do I HAVE to use that solution or can I use water or something else?
 
if you still want to be covered by koolance's warranty, you will NEED to use their water coolant stuff.

if not, then yes, you can use water + water-wetter, and i think i've seen people using glycol alcohol along with water as well.
 
i have an exos and when i need to refill it i plan on just playing it safe and keep it all under warrenty and just buy the refill kit.
 
If you just got the EXOS then I see no reason not to use the included solution. You already have it and it works. If you are refilling the system then I say it's up to you.

I obviously used the included solution when I got my EXOS. When the system needs to be flushed and refilled I'll probably just use distilled water and water wetter or something similar. Then again, I'll probably mess around with modding the EXOS later on also. I really like the setup being external in the casing and will probably try to keep it that way.
 
Back
Top