Kodi Now Avaiable for the Xbox One

Yeah I agree.

My naming scheme is very simple:

Name of movie and year. No punctuation marks, no special characters and Kodi scrapes all my data just fine. In the case of TV series, Name of series followed by season (S01) and episode (E01).

I also run separate folders for movies, TV series and Music - All set up via Kodi as such.

My naming scheme is very simple:

Name of movie and year. No punctuation marks, no special characters and Kodi scrapes all my data just fine. In the case of TV series, Name of series followed by season (S01) and episode (E01).

I also run separate folders for movies, TV series and Music - All set up via Kodi as such.

Same. Except for brackets around the dates and Roman numerals in my sets folders. And sometimes hyphens.

Funny to see it come full circle since the Xbox is where Kodi started in the form of XBMC...

Please do the same for the PS4. Been using since the original xbox and while it isn't perfect I find it is pretty damn good.

I've used Plex. Considering Plex isn't free, Kodi does everything I need it to do and more.

PLEX media server & clients are totally free unless you're using Android & a few other paywalled clients. I'm guessing you're talking about Linux, which they're absolutely free (unless you want the locked out features from the PLEX Pass which really aren't all that important to me).

I'm currently running the free PLEX client on my Samsung 4K Smart TV from the free PLEX media server running on my Synology NAS.

I've used Plex. Considering Plex isn't free, Kodi does everything I need it to do and more.
but it is free? You have to pay for the android/apple phone versions but I use it to stream to my ps4 and laptop all the time both a home and on the road and it doesnt cost me a cent. I find plex is much easier to integrate to multiple devices at once as there is no setup on the remote devices. You log in and everything is configured and ready to stream from my server.

Personally I like plex alot more, I can setup multiple accounts so that my kids tablets only have access to the childrens movie/tv shows folders as well as make temp accounts for my friends to watch something at home on their ps4/xbox one/smart device that supports plex. That and getting kodi to looks just the way I want takes forever lol.

PLEX media server & clients are totally free unless you're using Android & a few other paywalled clients. I'm guessing you're talking about Linux, which they're absolutely free (unless you want the locked out features from the PLEX Pass which really aren't all that important to me).

I'm currently running the free PLEX client on my Samsung 4K Smart TV from the free PLEX media server running on my Synology NAS.

I stream to Android devices, in fact Kodi is downright awesome on Android devices.

I tried Plex under Linux, one of the biggest problems with Plex that I faced was TV streaming. Under Kodi I install TVheadend and quickly configure it on my Linux server along with an old PCI DTV tuner and a PlayTV dual DTV tuner, then I install the client addon under Kodi and I'm good to go, the solution is fantastic, even the OTA TV guide is fantastic - I can't do that under Plex without some costly proprietary solution.

Fact is: I don't 'need' Plex when the open source solution does everything I need it to do and more.

I can download, install and configure Kodi in 5 mins, all I really need to do is add the TVheadend addon and map shared drives - It's really not that hard?

Some Kodi Android screenshots:

ACRxvz5h.png

FTA DTV:

plTtSsDh.png

5J7rErgh.png

Last edited:
I dragged my feet on installing this to my Xbox. I go to do it today, and coincidentally it’s the same damn day that Kodi is pulled from being available to download to the console.

Back