knew it:Gears Of War PC Version Dated

The game has been known for awhile, just no specific date.

Looking forward to playing this goodness! I was watching this video (released on the 4th) yesterday and it looks good!

Hopefully 360 owners won't get the complete shaft on mods and whatever fun stuff is available to the PC crowd :(

Its been listed at that date on IGN for months, guess it just wasn't "official."

Unless Crysis gets delayed from the 16th of November, Gears of War is not going to grace my PC for awhile.

I guess I have 10 days to play it. :p

I already beat it on the 360, maybe it won't take as long the next time around. Plus I will acctually be able to aim without Auto-Aim. :D

I agree. the same thing with bioshock. The fact that you couldn't turn on AA in vista was disappointing, but it didin't really take away from me liking the game. I loved the game and i'm alreadly playing it a second time through. AA would have just been even better.

i juss hate how game come out with beautiful graphics but no AA. Too me i would Take AA b4 anything else.

I agree. the same thing with bioshock. The fact that you couldn't turn on AA in vista was disappointing, but it didin't really take away from me liking the game. I loved the game and i'm alreadly playing it a second time through. AA would have just been even better.

Bioshock isn't UE3, neither is Advanced Warfighter or Vegas.

its run on the same engine.

Nope, Bioshock runs off of the Vengeance engine which is an extensively modded UE2.5 engine. Remember Tribes: Vengeance?

Ubisoft uses its own inhouse modded Unreal Engine 2.5+ system.

UT3 supports AA in DX10, which of course means a DX10 video card and Vista.

I expect if GoW supports DX10/Vista then it will too have AA under the same conditions, it's just the way the engine works.

Nope, Bioshock runs off of the Vengeance engine which is an extensively modded UE2.5 engine. Remember Tribes: Vengeance?

Ubisoft uses its own inhouse modded Unreal Engine 2.5+ system.
no it doesnt. Bioshock switched to modified Unreal 3.0 engine.

What engine is BioShock using?

BioShock is using the Unreal engine which has been massively modified by Irrational.

Originally BioShock was being built on an Irrational-modified version of the Unreal 2 Engine known as Vengeance. Since then it has been ported to Unreal 3.0 and has once again been heavily modified.

The game will feature some DirectX10 content for Vista users.

The game also utilises Havok Physics.

http://www.bioshock-online.com/faq/

are games doing away with aa it seems that more and more games are having no aa support or it is broken this is the shits.

This has been announced for months...welcome to the internets.

thanks for the welcome to the internet, and I even used a nifty lil search button and didnt see anyone post it, and for the AA in bioshock wouldnt a way around it be Forcing via Vcard control panel?

and yea I wont be running to get it for pc, Crysis and COD4 pwn GOW in da face!

thanks for the welcome to the internet, and I even used a nifty lil search button and didnt see anyone post it, and for the AA in bioshock wouldnt a way around it be Forcing via Vcard control panel?

and yea I wont be running to get it for pc, Crysis and COD4 pwn GOW in da face!
<sarcasm>

wow use the control panel to turn on AA in Bioshock. thanks for solving that problem.

</sarcasm>

the whole AA in Bioshock debacle is clearly documented all over the internet. if you are that much out of the loop I suggest going to tweakguides to catch up. ;) http://www.tweakguides.com/Bioshock_5.html

I am curious to see what all the fuss concerning this game was all about. So, even though it seems like the typical Epic game (run and gun, nothing else) I want to try it out. But I'll surely not get it when it retails. Epic already showed their priorities towards consoles (not only making this a console title first and delaying UT3 multiple times because of console versions), so I'll not support that, by buying their games at full price (or not at all).

But I'll surely not get it when it retails. Epic already showed their priorities towards consoles

I don't blame Epic. All it shows it that Microsoft can afford to buy anything they want. It's Microsoft who made it exclusive to the 360 for a year. Microsoft are the ones who screw PC gamers to try to make the 360 look good.

I don't blame Epic. All it shows it that Microsoft can afford to buy anything they want. It's Microsoft who made it exclusive to the 360 for a year. Microsoft are the ones who screw PC gamers to try to make the 360 look good.

That's true. But Epic also has their responsibility in the matter, since it is their game.

Back