Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 $99 (Upcoming deal 9/2-9/27)

I was looking for a deal on these a few weeks back but ended up getting the Presonus 3.5 BT's instead.
When I did have the ProMedia's, they sound amazing. The sub later crapped out though.
A pre-owned set so I don't really know the life span of the sub, but potentially the weak link in the package.

Got a refurb set earlier this year for $70. This is a good deal for retail.

I've had mine for about 12 years, and now they are starting to crap out. I don't know whether to step up to something else or get another set of these.
The speakers are fine, its just the power coming from the sub-woofer that is going out.

I've had mine for about 12 years, and now they are starting to crap out. I don't know whether to step up to something else or get another set of these.
The speakers are fine, its just the power coming from the sub-woofer that is going out.

It's probably the foam that is dry and cracked. I had this happen on 2 sets. Replaced the foam on the woofer and they are good as new.

Great speakers. Even better if you can get the BT version (Bluetooth). I stream music to mine all day long.

My original Promedia 2.1s are probably 20 years old and still sound great. My brother has my old 4.1s, still working. Things went to shit when Klipsch started making Promedia 5.1s. I had 3 sets, amp failed on all of them :(.

probably bad caps. check em and replace them if they are bulging/leaking.

Reactions: Bellz
like this
It's probably the foam that is dry and cracked. I had this happen on 2 sets. Replaced the foam on the woofer and they are good as new.

I had this happen back in the day as well. I called Klipsch and they sent me a new woofer.

So I just discovered that you can remove the control pod that comes mounted to the left speaker.....my mind is blown... I've had my set for at least 8 years and I never knew it could be separated... oof..

Just wanted to add that the bluetooth version isn't "THX Certified" but it is still the same speakers. Klipsch just didn't want to pay the THX royalty fees on it.

BT version of the speakers have a pretty critical flaw if you live in any kind of apartment or shared space. BT pairing is always active, no way to turn it off. And BT audio sources will over-ride the wired connection. Neighbors or housemates can connect to the speakers any time they want either intentionally or unintentionally.

BT version of the speakers have a pretty critical flaw if you live in any kind of apartment or shared space. BT pairing is always active, no way to turn it off. And BT audio sources will over-ride the wired connection. Neighbors or housemates can connect to the speakers any time they want either intentionally or unintentionally.
Can you imagine? Someone connects at 3AM and starts blasting Metallica! Haha. :ROFLMAO:

That's very critical. My Presonus set has a pairing on/off button and can play BT and wired simultaneously.

Great comparison. I would never expect a $1500+ set of speaker to sound better then a $100 set.
I'm not comparing the two dude, chill out. I think these klipsch are super over rated is all. By the way I own a pair, so I can talk shit.

I have to disagree with you there. Good sound! Amazing? Nah. Now get yourself some KEF LS50W's and you might have an argument!

For me, the Klipsch is all I need and they sound amazing. I had to look up the KEF LS50W to see they cost $1800. That is 18 times more than the Klipsch. Guess I am poor.

Somehow there is always someone likes to slip in an argument X is better than Y even though X is 18 times more expensive than Y. Any Ferrari is a better built car than my Honda Accord. Well, duh!

And I actually have 2 sets of the Klipsch.

I've had 4 sets over the years and they really are incredible value. I don't have a need for them but for $99 I may pick one up for a garage gym setup or something!

I replaced caps in one of the subs (probably 10ish years down the road) and one driver foam that a cat had an issue with, other than that, no complaints.

I've had a set for the last decade or so and they have been absolutely fantastic. Probably the best $100 I've spent on a computer. The left speaker is just starting to cut out at certain volumes though (a problem that can be avoided by using the volume slider in your system tray, rather than the volume knob on the speaker). I didn't feel like purchasing a new control pod, so I ended up replacing them with a set of Edifier r1280t 2.0 speakers which also cost $100 (not on sale) and sound a good deal better.

Which brings me to this... The Klipsch R-12SW 12" powered subwoofer also goes on sale the same day as the ProMedias (9/2). $180 down from $250. I picked one up and connected it to my PC along with the Edifiers, and HOLY CRAP! Good stuff. I stuck the ProMedias in my shop hooked up to an Echo which gives me voice control over the music and volume without touching the knob on the speakers.

For me, the Klipsch is all I need and they sound amazing. I had to look up the KEF LS50W to see they cost $1800. That is 18 times more than the Klipsch. Guess I am poor.

Somehow there is always someone likes to slip in an argument X is better than Y even though X is 18 times more expensive than Y. Any Ferrari is a better built car than my Honda Accord. Well, duh!

And I actually have 2 sets of the Klipsch.
I own a pair advice we’ll. I'm not putting them down. But to call them amazing? I just dont get it. They are poorly made, have a long history of breaking and they sound just okay..I used the LS50's as an example of what i'd call truly "amazing". I still think the klipsch are awesome but I gotta keep it real.

Just got a Costco flyer in the mail. 9/2-9/27 they are having the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 setup for $99 which is a steal for that setup.

$40 the normal price of $140.

https://www.costco.com/klipsch-promedia-2.1-thx-computer-speakers.product.100657992.html

Saw these in store two days again, nearly walked out with a set but decided to see if there was a sale on them coming up first. Kind of an odd item for them to carry.

Glad I waited! Been needing some office speakers 👍

I own a pair advice we’ll. I'm not putting them down. But to call them amazing? I just dont get it. They are poorly made, have a long history of breaking and they sound just okay..I used the LS50's as an example of what i'd call truly "amazing". I still think the klipsch are awesome but I gotta keep it real.

I own a set and absolutely love them. I've modded mine with better speaker wire. I sweat it seems to make quite a difference.

I'm heavily debating picking up another set for my office, and will definitely be doing the same mod if so. Also considering some other brands like m-Audio as I've got a headphone DAC and Amp that can probably be used with them. We'll see though!

I've had mine for two years, lived in a home. Recently in June moved to an APT and never thought about this. :(

Back