Kiosks are Looking at You, Too

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Customer-facing kiosks are getting more sophisticated every day. Those equipped with cameras are estimating your age, gender, size, hair length and even the clothing you are wearing. Supposedly this is going to raise the level of interactivity with the kiosk and all the data is just generic. For some reason I don't believe that, and before you know it every company out there is going to have ALL of your physiological data.

For instance, a woman wearing a red dress who stops to look at the digital sign may see it display a hat or scarf that matches her dress, said Omer Golan, the founder of Outernets. Outernets isn’t using facial recognition or photographing people. “There’s no spying on anyone,” said Golan. But what the system can do is collect demographic data on the people who walk by the sign, providing accurate marketing information on the traffic flow, he said.

Last edited:
and we all just take their word for it? Like Failbook, Microsoft, and Google. They are certainly collecting that data and the Government is using it.

Just one step closer to this:

article-1361490-0D69C227000005DC-729_468x341.jpg

Seriously, you all KNOW before long they'll be asking us questions.

Edited with a different picture. Just know that the holographic girl is asking him about a recent purchase just for walking by.

Last edited:

image96.jpg

For some reason your link doesn't show up until I quote it. Exactly what I was thinking. When I first saw that movie I was terrified at the possibility of this level of marketing; it is amazing how fast it is becoming a reality.

For some reason your link doesn't show up until I quote it. Exactly what I was thinking. When I first saw that movie I was terrified at the possibility of this level of marketing; it is amazing how fast it is becoming a reality.

Updated with new picture but without words.

Edited with a different picture. Just know that the holographic girl is asking him about a recent purchase just for walking by.

I'll ignore them just like I do when real people ask me questions when shopping.

Yeah, because brick and mortar is really doing so well, right?

While I think there's going to be some areas where this will maintain, it's going to not really be all that big scale.

Back