Kids React to Mega Man (NES).

How could ANY of those kids be that clueless to a 2 button controller? I feel like their videos are just acts these days. 7 some kids and none of them have touched a video game before?

They did pretty good. Think about the first time you played a game like that, you probably died a few times within the first 5 minutes. They obviously were learning as they went on. I'm surprised they liked it as much as they did.

How could ANY of those kids be that clueless to a 2 button controller?
Did you watch the video? Only one girl did not know about the shoot button until a few minutes in, the others picked it up from the start... Also, one guy got the boss and held his own pretty well, considering

Every single one of them where fumbling through the game just like we all did the first time you fired it up.

They have a different perspective due to the way games are today, but I am sure we all were just as bad until we played the same levels over and over.

That is how you got good at it.

I thought the video was hilarious. I laughed when the kid got to the boss with one bar of life. I don't how many times that shit happened to me in mega man 3&4.

Last edited:
It is really sad how poor the pattern recognition and hand-eye coordination is of today's sub-adults.

All these people are going to do is clog up the highways taking up space and accomplishing nothing. They should show this video to people as evidence of why safe-sex is so important, so you don't breed a bunch of them.

Seriously, if they are our future, society is screwed! :D

Every single one of them where fumbling through the game just like we all did the first time you fired it up.

They have a different perspective due to the way games are today, but I am sure we all were just as bad until we played the same levels over and over.

That is how you got good at it.

I agree, alot of people are talking about how bad they are. The reality is back then there were kids just as bad if not worse. Some kids picked up things quicker then others. But I remember many NES games I did real early when I first played them. It took me several play throughs over weeks and even years to beat some NES games. Also back then nearly every game was a platformer of some kind. Where as today platformers are a dying breed.

They got better towards the end and didn't really say anything bad about the game (actually liked it).

I like these videos though for nostalgia purposes, hah.

It is really sad how poor the pattern recognition and hand-eye coordination is of today's sub-adults.

All these people are going to do is clog up the highways taking up space and accomplishing nothing. They should show this video to people as evidence of why safe-sex is so important, so you don't breed a bunch of them.

Seriously, if they are our future, society is screwed! :D

Honestly there kids just as bad like them in the 80s. I bet those fuckers can type on smartphone faster you. I know I'm a slow ass typer on the smartphones.

If anything the only thing that bothered me was how they were saying "I did pretty good to get that far". When I died in Mega Man I was pissed and not play for like a week.

That was a great video. Thanks for sharing.

Excuse me now as I fire up Mega man on my tablet!

I don't know why a few of them didn't even try the B button at the beginning. It's not like Select, where you would expect nothing to happen. It's a basic action button.

That one girl that fell on the spikes
She said " you didn't told me that i can't walk on those"
What in the name of all is living... gave you the idea that it's okay to walk over sharp looking objects???

Last edited:
They got better towards the end and didn't really say anything bad about the game (actually liked it).

I like these videos though for nostalgia purposes, hah.
I wouldn't have had patience, and just slapped the controller out of their hands and beat the level real fast, then handed it back to them. :D

I suppose the only defense would be that 2D side-scrollers all had more or less the same game concept of timing and hand-eye coordination, so if you played other games, you'd naturally excel at another one that was similar. They are actually starting completely from scratch, and perhaps being that they are already so old, have a harder time picking that up the way a 17 year old would learn a new language slower than a 10 year old.

Or maybe its the crappy school lunches they are getting thanks to Michelle Obama. Thanks Obama!

I remember when I first played Mario 64. It felt so foreign to me after spending my previous years playing 2D scrollers and being accustomed to their playstyle. I imagine this is a similar feeling that new players would feel playing these old sidescroller games.

Game fail aside (that IS a hard game, I played the hell out of those MM games when they were new, and they went from hard to universe ending pain) my on real takeaway from that was how effeminate all the boys were. I have 2 girls and one is a Karate Tournament competing master orange belt 6 year old, so I don't interface with many boys yet.

Are they all this lame now?

I agree that probably a lot of us were just as bad when Mega Man first came out. But a key difference is the current "Bye, I quit, I'm leaving" compared to those of us who are older and just replayed it over and over until we could beat the game in 1 life.

Game fail aside (that IS a hard game, I played the hell out of those MM games when they were new, and they went from hard to universe ending pain) my on real takeaway from that was how effeminate all the boys were.
Well the one with the gray and green striped wasn't effeminate, he was gay. That's how gay kids act. Just back in the day they would hide it so they wouldn't get gay bashed is all.

I agree, alot of people are talking about how bad they are. The reality is back then there were kids just as bad if not worse. Some kids picked up things quicker then others. But I remember many NES games I did real early when I first played them. It took me several play throughs over weeks and even years to beat some NES games. Also back then nearly every game was a platformer of some kind. Where as today platformers are a dying breed.

I know, right?
It's not just kids these young, people in their early 20's don't even know why bosses flash red in beat-em-up games. :eek:

Just face it, anyone born in the 1980s or early... is just getting old.
But yes, this generation is very dumb, regardless of how fast they can type/tap on a smartphone; which, I might add, is nothing to be proud of, considering 2 year olds are capable of operating those things.

Back in the day, people like you and I had equipment like this! :cool:

tumblr_n9xipdchUb1qbzzgco1_500.gif

Ah, those were the days.

I thought the video was hilarious. I laughed when the kid got to the boss with one bar of life. I don't how many times that shit happened to me in mega man 3&4.

Aint that the frikken truth....broke a few controllers

how effeminate all the boys were.
I noticed the same thing

But yes, this generation is very dumb, regardless of how fast they can type/tap on a smartphone; which, I might add, is nothing to be proud of, considering 2 year olds are capable of operating those things.

I always used to think that kids would only get better and better at computers as time moved on and that the young would help push the boundaries because they'd keep digesting the new tech at earlier and earlier ages.

As I was talking to a friend who's a school teacher for elementary kids, she was telling me that because of all the touch-centric devices, most kids can't even type anymore, all they can do is swipe. Many even lack very basic motor skills like how to use scissors or even draw.

Just nuts.

I noticed the same thing

I always used to think that kids would only get better and better at computers as time moved on and that the young would help push the boundaries because they'd keep digesting the new tech at earlier and earlier ages.

As I was talking to a friend who's a school teacher for elementary kids, she was telling me that because of all the touch-centric devices, most kids can't even type anymore, all they can do is swipe. Many even lack very basic motor skills like how to use scissors or even draw.

Just nuts.

this is also because so many kids have almost zero interaction with their parents. they get plopped in front of the TV after school and thats it. My wife sees the whole touch screen thing also. Kids don't even understand the mouse or the touch pad just touching a screen.

maybe next gen will be kids who only know gestures... that'll be fun to watch, and the touch screen folks can declare them effeminate because they act like orchestra conductor-fairies

I noticed the same thing

Just nuts.

Every generation is going to have this. I mean shit when I was in school they taught cursive writing. Now I don't even know if that it taught anymore. Every generation is always going to look at the next generation the same way. Shit my parents thought my brain was going to rot because I played video games.

I have to imagine this is how it would look if I were to try and play many of the newer console games. I have not gamed since early PS2. Things have changed so much since then.

My favorite was how some of the teens were accidentally avoiding the projectiles (the part where the bomb split into three pieces).

...my on real takeaway from that was how effeminate all the boys were.
Are they all this lame now?

Yeah, all of society is like this now, and has been since the late 1990s.
It's the same reason we went from this:

conan.jpg

To this:

Capture1.jpg

Very, very sad.

The comments from that video make me sad.

DARK SOULS 2 IS NOT A DIFFICULT GAME PEOPLE. It just takes a little effort to learn pattern recognition. The same BASIC SKILL can also be applied to Mega Man. Have we really degenerated to a point where just smashing buttons can win games?

The comments from that video make me sad.

DARK SOULS 2 IS NOT A DIFFICULT GAME PEOPLE. It just takes a little effort to learn pattern recognition. The same BASIC SKILL can also be applied to Mega Man. Have we really degenerated to a point where just smashing buttons can win games?

Yes we have.
I would love to introduce these mental-midgets to Contra: Hard Corps; now that was a game which defined pattern recognition.

Hell, if you didn't have that game completely memorized, there was no hope for you, or humanity!

“Fire! Fire! Fire! And don't stop firing are the only instructions you need. Because in this Doomsday extravaganza, there's little time for thinking. A killer instinct is all that matters. And if your trigger finger lacks stamina, Earth will lack a future.”
—Super C

Not sure what everyone is on about. All I saw were kids who never played a game sucking at said game. I'm sure that if they keep playing it, they'll be as good as the folks in this thread.

Not sure what everyone is on about. All I saw were kids who never played a game sucking at said game. I'm sure that if they keep playing it, they'll be as good as the folks in this thread.

The way I saw it was that they were sucking because there wasn't step by step instructions telling them how to play. I was literally like: well if this was COD they would have prompts telling them what the TWO BUTTONS on the controller do. When I was growing up the only way to learn what does what was the read a manual or figure it out on your own. Nothing hostile against these kids, just funny to see a different generation trying to play one of the harder games made on a 30 year old system.

Back