kicking the 2-302 up a notch

I think that one is just the standard powdercoat. He does powdercoats and also a type of gloss finish. Don't think I've seen pics of the gloss yet, still waiting for those :)

the blue one is actually both. :)

the shrouds are normally black powdercoat but it seems to be very compatible with duplicolor paints. That core needed matched up with a blue shroud so I deglossed the powdercoat with 400 wet/dry and then added a primer coat and several color coats. that pic doesn't do the paint job any justice as my digital camera flash gives me nothing but a huge white spot if I take a shot of it dead on.

the mid to light colors normally don't gloss up as well as the really dark ones - I have one in black gloss that is hella reflective.

edit: the ones from the shop have the henry ford option - you can have it in any color you want, so long as it's black. ;)

edit edit: got a pic that shows the gloss a bit better - you can see the reflection of the surface the core and shroud is sitting on down the side and the reflection of the fittings in the top panel of the shroud. :)

bluediag58.jpg

^the fittings are 1/2" ID

DryFire said:
so how much for teh shroud?

From the forum rules:
16) No BUYING, TRADING, or SELLING anywhere with the exception of the For Sale / Trade forum. The FS/T forum has it's own set of specific rules. Please read their rules before posting in that forum. [H]ard|Forum is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any loss due to any sale or exchange of any item in the For Sale / Trade forum. Caveat Emptor!!

I'll get the info placed in the classified soon. :)

*begins to check FS/FT forums*

Didn't think posting how much you were planning to charge would be a violation of the rules.

DryFire said:
Didn't think posting how much you were planning to charge would be a violation of the rules.

It wouldn't be......saying something as simple as "I'm planning to ask $xxx for it" would be completely fine.....as long as anything beyond that took place in the proper place......saying what you plan on charging for something is perfectly fine IMO.....but any actually discussion or dealing should be done via PMs or in the proper forum.

you are very likely correct but when it comes to forum rules, I tend to err on the side of caution.

In any event, if you took the day that christmas falls upon and added 3 to it, you'd likely have the correct number....not including s&h.

:D

weapon-- said:
you are very likely correct but when it comes to forum rules, I tend to err on the side of caution.

In any event, if you took the day that christmas falls upon and added 3 to it, you'd likely have the correct number....not including s&h.

Watch it... :p

weapon-- said:

Good to know. ;)

zer0signal667 said:
Watch it... :p
see what I mean??? these forum mods are more wired and fired up than michael jackson on a nude beach for 4th graders....you can't slip anything past 'em.
:D :D :D

weapon-- said:
see what I mean??? these forum mods are more wired and fired up than michael jackson on a nude beach for 4th graders....you can't slip anything past 'em.
:D :D :D

The shrouds are looking great, I'd say you're offering a pretty good deal. Thanks for respecting our rules, it makes my job easier. I don't see a problem with posting prices here, as long as sales/transactions are kept elsewhere.

zer0signal667 said:
The shrouds are looking great, I'd say you're offering a pretty good deal. Thanks for respecting our rules, it makes my job easier. I don't see a problem with posting prices here, as long as sales/transactions are kept elsewhere.

thanks. :D

&

np np - I know you guys have more than enough to do as is - I write for a website under my alias' alias (which I think translates to the same name that is on my driver's license...have I been going to bed earilier every night? Have I been sleeping later?? Have I been Weapon longer and longer??? nevermind :eek: ) and mod a forum as well - fitting all that into the schedule with work is never easy and sometimes a helluva lot less than that.

edit- sorry for the Fight Club reference. lol...switching from the day job to watercooling feels about like that sometimes though. :)

Anyway, all S&T will be in the proper areas of the forum. :D

just curious but can you post a link in this thread to the f/s thread cause i just looked in there and it would be hard to find a specific thing. :0 Thanks man

bmaffin13 said:
just curious but can you post a link in this thread to the f/s thread cause i just looked in there and it would be hard to find a specific thing. :0 Thanks man

I was just about to say the same thing.....as I don't see anything wrong with posting up a link to the proper thread in the "wrong" forum. ;)

Back