• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Kick In On This Kickstarter!

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Long time [H] reader and forum member "Croaker" wanted us to know his company just launched a Kickstarter for Warmachine: Tactics so we could help spread the word. The game looks pretty damn good so far, check out the video here.
 
So did he spend all his money making what basically amounts to a 5 minute long commercial to try and lure you into giving him money?
 
Looks interesting. Really like the play by email feature. I've got a group of guys I used to play battletech with that are spread out all over the place. PBEM is something we wish more games would include.
 
Never have gave kickstarter money, never will. I have bought pre release games like Prison Break however. So if they can show a partial complete game, then I am happier supporting them.
 
Hi All,

I'll try to answer as much as I can here

@sfsuphysics No that isn't the case. 20 people spent a serious chunk of time putting together a very early pre-alpha build of the game that shows how the game, looks, plays and feels like. All the footage in the game is actually in engine. Besides being the EP at WhiteMoon Dreams I also did all the audio for game play. We also had some help from PP for the video. Looking at your handle I'm a physicist myself, but computers and gaming have been in my blood since 1975. Go home brew 8080!

@Seelenlos PBEM is near and dear to my heart. I can;t tell you how many Saturdays and Sundays were sucked into playing VGAPlanets and Spaceward Ho back in the early and mid 90's using PBEM. Our creative director was actually involved in those games because we both worked together back then. And we shouldn't forget playing Diplomacy PBEM, To us it made sense to have PBEM since it is a turn based game.

@ol1bit We aren't that ready yet, but everything in the video is in the engine not a pre-rendered snow job.

Cheers

Rusty.
 
Might pitch in, looks cool but I've never played Warmachine and I haven't really "gotten into" many turn-based strategy games.
 
Anyone with a name that comes from the Black Company can't be too bad.
 
Awesome, they achieved the goal. I will look into it when I have time.
 
why was a topic like this allowed (and on the front page news section) and yet when the guys were doing the indiegogo campaign for the NCASE M1, they were shot down? they could not even post a link to it in the original topic at all. all they were allowed to post was " Indiegogo campaign is live! (But we can't link to it here , just search for NCASE on Indiegogo)"
 
I love turn based games and wish they would make a greater come back, its achieves so much strategy and gets rid of the "jerk" feeling you get with real time combat.

Question, are you guys putting in something that refreshes your turn timer quicker or is it a 1:1 ratio where everyone is on equal turn time?
 
And I constantly have to tell people online that my handle is not based on the Black Company character.

Funny we're both game developers though. Good luck with the KS!
 
Hi All,

Sorry for disappearing yesterday, had to catch up on work and that sleep thing.

@Trimlock We will have both 1:1 as well as timered modes. We have to have an unlimited format to allow for Play By Email.

@Croak Don;t know what to say. I've been using Croaker for a couple decades now for forums and game name and almost no one has picked up on it.

@Hornet Thanks!

Cheers

Rusty
 
Back
Top