KFC's New Employee Training Game Is a Virtual Reality Nightmare

monkeymagick

[H]News
All you burgeoning chefs can get a chance to try your hands at frying up some chicken in the virtual space when you apply for a KFC job. The greasy food company developed a virtual reality training simulator as part of its employee training program. Running of an Oculus Rift, the game takes the user through the five-step process of preparing an Original Recipe chicken.

No word yet if Popeyes is partnering up with the HTC Vive, but at KFC, they do tech right.

MasterChef training starts here.

But why? The press release notes that this VR exercise takes workers through the chicken cooking process in just 10 minutes, as opposed to the 25 minutes it takes IRL, so perhaps the idea here is to speed up the training process (and to avoid potentially wasting product). Or hey, maybe somebody at KFC HQ just got a really good deal on a whole pallet of Oculus Rifts.

Quick quick! VR was mentioned! Everybody start talking about how it makes you puke from motion sickness! Do a public service by making sure you make everyone aware VR causes motion sickness. You vomitted up your kidney and your legs fell off when you last tried project cars!

Now they can put "VR ready" on that chicken bucket.
Just marketing wins all over the place. :)

Should of just used that old flash game from newgrounds. Just slap KFC logos on everything.

Do we get the secret recipe for completing the game?

I'm pretty sure 10 of the herbs and spices are salt.

Really? They need a VR app to show employees how to make their chicken? I worked at Popeye's when I was 16. It took about 3 mins to learn how to make any of the chicken: "Ok, use THIS packe of seaons for mild. (which seemed to be either MSG or SALT) and THIS packet for spicy (a blend of some type of chili spices, probably salt and cayenne). Pour it over the chicken, mix it up, toss it in the walk-in, ok? "

Procedure was to make batches of each part, season them, batter them, layer them into plastic tubs and store in walk-in fridge until needed. Making a hotdog shape with playdoh was about as easy.

Back