keyboard and mouse

joeshmoe

Limp Gawd
Hey,
I'm looking for some advice on a keyboard and a mouse to hook up to my MBP. here's what I'm looking for:
wired keyboard
-extra USB ports
-extended keyboard
-prefer flat, laptop-like keys

wireless mouse
-bluetooth
-multiple buttons (don't need too many)
-mouse scroll

Any recommendation on brands, models, or ideas about what I can expect for prices? I've looked at the apple stuff and they look perfect but about 10x what I want to spend. Thanks in advance!

nothing at all? maybe a bump will help, or am I posting this in the wrong place?

Not too familiar with wireless mice, but how much do you want to spend on a keyboard. I love my Logitech G15. It doesn't have flat keys but has a feel that at least to me is very similar to a laptop (I also like the feel of laptop keyboards and the G15 has the same sort of soft press feel).

i used the g15, it fits me perfect
for a wireless mouse, i have used the mx1000,g7, and mx revolution and i'd prefer the g7 the most.
but now i'm using the g9

I'll assume budget is not limited since you didn't mention it. I use an old Razer Tarantula and it fits your criteria. It doesn't have many bells and whistles, and it was overpriced IMO, but it lasted my extended (ab)use for years and still feels like new. Keys are lower than average (but not flat), but also relatively huge in surface area and well separated, some like it some don't. I'd suggest taking a look at their newer keyboards which are even cheaper I think with more features. Also you may want to consider the G15 and the newer G19. They're the most popular from what I've seen and you can find loads of mods for them.

I use several wired Razer mice (a 4 year old Diamondback just died today :(, although I know it's just the cord) and never wireless. But they released the Orochi like Adm_SkyWalker said. 2 sort of contradicting (non-)problems: It's laser not just infrared so it maybe too sensitive to some esp. from too far from the surface, and reportedly Bluetooth limitations convert it to lower resolutions compared to when in wired mode.

Last edited:
I couldn't handle typing on my laptop while using my monitor anymore so I just went out and bought one of each before you're posts all went up. Now I just hope I dont regret not getting a Razer! seems like everyone says they're good. I went super cheap with a $20 i-rocks keyboard and a $20 logitech wireless (not bluetooth mouse). I also got a 4 way splitter (like 5 bucks, nothing) for my remaining USB port to deal with the mouse taking one of my 2 ports. So far it's fine, the keyboard feels great to type on, we'll see if it falls apart. The mouse works well, and most importantly, I can sit on my bed across the room and use my computer. Nice for watching movies and when I'm going to bed.

One of the reasons I went wireless instead of bluetooth is because I heard there is lag when using bluetooth. Any truth to this?

These are very personal choice, why dont you come to a store and check out a few mouses first?

Back