keyboard and mouse freeze...

HawkSlayer

n00b
Hi all.. I don't know where to post this but I really need some help...

My keyboard and mouse would freeze for anywhere between 2 seconds to about 15 seconds.. when this happens i can hold alt+tab and go through the program selections but its very slow and when i am able to move the mouse, the program selection with alt+tab moves faster... sometimes the computer beeps when i try to type when it freezes up. my computer and mouse also become sluggish at times along with it freezing.. it does both.

i've had this problem before but i don't know what i did to fix it.. i don't know if its a virus or a hardware problem. I really don't know if its a virus because I've scanned my computer with many different anti-virus, anti-spyware/adware programs and they don't find anything that could be causing this.

someone suggested to me that it could possibly be a power supply problem but i'm not sure.. i was also told to just format but i want to avoid doing that right now.

I personally think it may be a windows service that is doing this. i think it could possibly be a service that tries to load but can't due to one of the services it needs to run being disabled.

I need some major help with this and I hope someone can help me because this is very frustrating because I can't even play any computer games without it freezing... oh, and it also does it in safe mode.

Please! Someone Help Me!

Are you using PS2 connectors or a USB Keyboard/Mouse? If they're both USB...I'd look in that direction.

Have you tried a different keyboard and mouse? Could be, but not likely, the ports.
BIOS update possibly.

nah i have not tried a different keyboard or mouse... also, i wouldn't want to update the BIOS cuz i wouldn't want to accidently mess something up but if the instructions were easy to follow i guess i could try..

i should be getting more ram in the mail today so could that possibly stop this problem? i mean, would having more memory possibly make my computer not do this anymore?

hm, i think all my computer needed was some more ram.. most of the freezing stopped.. it only happens now when i play games.

Back