• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

keyboard and mouse freeze...

HawkSlayer

n00b
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
24
Hi all.. I don't know where to post this but I really need some help...

My keyboard and mouse would freeze for anywhere between 2 seconds to about 15 seconds.. when this happens i can hold alt+tab and go through the program selections but its very slow and when i am able to move the mouse, the program selection with alt+tab moves faster... sometimes the computer beeps when i try to type when it freezes up. my computer and mouse also become sluggish at times along with it freezing.. it does both.

i've had this problem before but i don't know what i did to fix it.. i don't know if its a virus or a hardware problem. I really don't know if its a virus because I've scanned my computer with many different anti-virus, anti-spyware/adware programs and they don't find anything that could be causing this.

someone suggested to me that it could possibly be a power supply problem but i'm not sure.. i was also told to just format but i want to avoid doing that right now.

I personally think it may be a windows service that is doing this. i think it could possibly be a service that tries to load but can't due to one of the services it needs to run being disabled.

I need some major help with this and I hope someone can help me because this is very frustrating because I can't even play any computer games without it freezing... oh, and it also does it in safe mode.

Please! Someone Help Me!
 
Are you using PS2 connectors or a USB Keyboard/Mouse? If they're both USB...I'd look in that direction.
 
Have you tried a different keyboard and mouse? Could be, but not likely, the ports.
BIOS update possibly.
 
nah i have not tried a different keyboard or mouse... also, i wouldn't want to update the BIOS cuz i wouldn't want to accidently mess something up but if the instructions were easy to follow i guess i could try..

i should be getting more ram in the mail today so could that possibly stop this problem? i mean, would having more memory possibly make my computer not do this anymore?
 
hm, i think all my computer needed was some more ram.. most of the freezing stopped.. it only happens now when i play games.
 
Back
Top