Kentsfield Pre-Order

tank guys seems like a good place to do business, however I would wait before buying a quad core chip, cause prices on these should go lower after a month of full availability.

newls1 said:
tank guys seems like a good place to do business, however I would wait before buying a quad core chip, cause prices on these should go lower after a month of full availability.

I totally agree..just wait..dont be the test monkey :eek: :eek: :D

Preorders on Kentsfield are a joke....!!!
We're taking about a $1K CPU that is most likely gonna be in stock and fully available at all e-tailers... When Conroe came out, X6800 wasn't exaclty hard to find/get. It was the lower speed (price !!!) Conroes everybody was after. Yet, I think Intel did a really good job of supplying the demand.
Now if this was the lower-end Quad with $600-700 price, then maybe, MAYBE it would be a litle bit harder to get a hold of at first.
I'll keep my pants on for now... :eek: :D

mzs_biteme said:
Preorders on Kentsfield are a joke....!!!
We're taking about a $1K CPU that is most likely gonna be in stock and fully available at all e-tailers... When Conroe came out, X6800 wasn't exaclty hard to find/get. It was the lower speed (price !!!) Conroes everybody was after. Yet, I think Intel did a really good job of supplying the demand.
Now if this was the lower-end Quad with $600-700 price, then maybe, MAYBE it would be a litle bit harder to get a hold of at first.
I'll keep my pants on for now... :eek: :D

+1, Its not a PS3.

Well PS3 is not that of a big deal. Except Cell processor there is nothing important in PS3.

Very interesting. I can't believe Ben is going to try his hand at pre-ordering again. He had a heck of a time fulfilling his Conroe pre-orders, because he got screwed by a couple of his suppliers, so Newegg and the like had Conroes before the people who preordered from Tankguys had them.

However, that being said, I for one waited for my TankGuys order to be fulfilled because their customer service was top-notch. Ben (owner) is able to be reached by e-mail or via their forums, and they were incredibly responsive and informative during the Conroe process.

However, that being said, I think I'd rather wait until launch day and buy from whomever has it in stock that day (though I would look at Tankguys first).

jebo_4jc said:
Very interesting. I can't believe Ben is going to try his hand at pre-ordering again. He had a heck of a time fulfilling his Conroe pre-orders, because he got screwed by a couple of his suppliers, so Newegg and the like had Conroes before the people who preordered from Tankguys had them.

However, that being said, I for one waited for my TankGuys order to be fulfilled because their customer service was top-notch. Ben (owner) is able to be reached by e-mail or via their forums, and they were incredibly responsive and informative during the Conroe process.

However, that being said, I think I'd rather wait until launch day and buy from whomever has it in stock that day (though I would look at Tankguys first).

I think that's why the pre-order is only $5. That way, nobody is getting billed right away, and it should alleviate the insantiy from the Core 2 Duos. I think this is a win-win, as nobody is having a grand tied up indefinitely, and people can still get in line without signing away their lives.

When are these processors going to be available. I know the paper-launch was a few days ago, when is the hard-launch?

kraken0698 said:
When are these processors going to be available. I know the paper-launch was a few days ago, when is the hard-launch?

Good question. I haven't seen them appear at any stores yet.

nobody_here said:
just what in the holy hell does a PS3 have to do with Kentsfield preorders at Tankguys......
:confused:
The PS3 will be produced in limited numbers for the first run, so getting a pre-order might actually make a difference... whereas the latest Intel launches have been in abundant supply, so there's no point in getting a pre-order.

RexPokinghorn said:
The PS3 will be produced in limited numbers for the first run, so getting a pre-order might actually make a difference... whereas the latest Intel launches have been in abundant supply, so there's no point in getting a pre-order.

sorry, but that's a stretch.......seeing as PS3 and Kentsfield availability are unknown, pure speculation.......

RexPokinghorn said:
It's been known for quite some time that Sony is launching with 100,000 units in Japan and 400,000 units in the U.S.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157152.html

and what's the availability of the Kentsfield CPU's going to be pray tell? we still dont even know what the PS3 availability will be, Sony seems to change their story weekly

sorry, i just dont see how that was relevant

I'll be buying one, but will probably wait until Spring of 2007, hopefully prices will be a little bit more reasonable by then. I just can't see myself spending $1,000 on a CPU, even if it is the worlds best. :p

Back